• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Pics

Re: Accuracy International Pics

I am going to have to take a better picture... Here is my AIAE MKI

5757054048_8f4e95c5ff_b.jpg

"Action pic" AW 308 rebarreld with an Obermeyer 12 flutes,1-11 twist 21.5" plus Badger fte,SB 3-12x50pmII gen2 mildot,18moa Ai mount,versa pod bipod.

Last edited:

Nice pics, reewik and Jose!

Reewik- What forward pic rail accessory is that?

Forwardeyes- no suppressor?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Forwardeyes- no suppressor?</div></div>

Bob, my Thunderbeast won't thread on this new barrel .Its 5/8-24 too but it just doesn't feel right and I don't want to risk screwing up the threads.So I use it on the Trg instead.

InkDreams, that last pic is awesome. I usually run 20 rnd Pmags in my MkII, 30's give me feeding issues
wink.gif
All you need is a pic mounted light, and you're ready to bust down doors!

two of my favorite targets shot with an AI AE Mk1 and its factory barrel

img1289sl.jpg

hostage target was 300 yards during a match. bottom is just 5 at 100 yards with the same load (155.5Berger & 47.7gr varget)
img0279vn.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Clarence Carter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">InkDreams, that last pic is awesome. I usually run 20 rnd Pmags in my MkII, 30's give me feeding issues
wink.gif
All you need is a pic mounted light, and you're ready to bust down doors! </div></div>

I'm on the line with lego tech support right now, they're gonna help me modify it into semi-auto with a windshield wiper motor and a lego technic kit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ho Chung</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nice job on the hostage takers. these dotted line headboxes are very difficult to resolve at that kind of distance. </div></div>

For match shooting I'm a big fan of 22x and higher optics for this reason. My NF 5.5-22 resolves the eye just enough to just aim below it and slightly to the side. But my premier and s&b 5-25 provide just a bit more detail and the eye is very visible. Sure you don't need it but when you're doing targets like this or target ID stages it is great. My eyes are not good enough to make out the dotted line in anything but perfect conditions even behind an s&b but a few others were able to. I have just started using what I can see as a reference knowing what the target looks like.

Shot my AE 308 Mk II today..wow, what a joy. The operation of the bolt wouldn't have sold me dry practicing in a store, but it felt beautiful in practice.

Accuracy was good from the bench with a bipod and rear bag, but I'm new to high power rifles so I don't expect my shooting to reflect the gun. Federal GMM 168gr.

It attracts attention too- someone asked if it was the L96A1 from Black-Ops. :p I'll have range pictures up shortly.

Here are mine. In the back is my 300/221, in the middle is the APA 300WM I just traded for, and in front is my LAPR .260

dustin084.jpg

dustin086.jpg

Wow, those are beautiful. Especially like the a-tacs camo.

Why are all my AI's starting to look like beat up Chevy's?
laugh.gif

OK, I'll play...my AW .308 after it's latest updates (new threaded tactical brake plus suppressor, P4F reticle in PMII 3-12x50 and AccuStack cheek piece)

AW0311003.jpg

Drooooooll......<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BasraBoy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK, I'll play...my AW .308 after it's latest updates (new threaded tactical brake plus suppressor, P4F reticle in PMII 3-12x50 and AccuStack cheek piece)

AW0311003.jpg
</div></div>

Some more...before anyone says anything the houses in the reticle are very far away. It's kind of humbling...you realize how difficult it is to point one of these guns in a "safe direction". I've been messing around on Google Earth trying to figure out exactly how far. If that house is 50 feet tall I guess it would be about 3 miles. The optical clarity from my cell-phone camera doesn't do the optic justice.

Also, I'm certain my shooting doesn't do the gun justice. I need to shoot it prone, haven't had the chance to yet. That is a five round group.

photo-16.jpg

IMG_1079.jpg

IMG_1071.jpg

IMG_1065.png

IMG_1069.png

2nd post on Sniper's Hide, how is everybody doing?

Just got my AI AE Mk II from SRT Supply yesterday. Thanks a bunch to Chris and Ken for great customer service, also to Mark from 2A Sales in Jessup, MD for the smooth transfer. After a long wait was able to get her out to the range today.

Specs: .308 20 inch barrel w/ AI brake, Folding Stock, Nightforce NXS 3.5-15x50 on a Nightforce 20 MOA unimount.

My buddies 5r in an AICS is in the background.

IMG00330-20110607-1917.jpg

While waiting for the range to go cold after sighting in at 50 yards

IMG00329-20110607-1859.jpg

Included two groups from my range session, the numbers seem tighter than what I was expecting, if someone wants to double check them feel free, but definitely sub MOA and it definitely shoots better than I. All groups 5 rounds.

175 FGMM

FGMM.jpg

175 SMK HPBT, 43.7 Varget, New Lapua Brass, CCI BR2, 2.800 OAL - 2 groups

437.jpg

I purchased this after lurking and reading a bunch about the AIs on Sniper's Hide, and man, the differences between this rifle and my two previous Remingtons are night and day. I always liked the ergonomics, but the action feels like butter, and the trigger's 2nd stage breaks like glass. I couldn't be happier, now just have to wait to get on the farm and stretch her out.

My newly acquired AIAE with S&B PMII 3-12X50 @ first time at the range, target is 100m, shooting 5x of rounds of hastly assembled 155SMK with varget with 1 flyer-3rd shot. Made some adjustment to the cheek weld and the LOP now, hoping to improve on this group or just continue shooting this group without flyer and i would be a very happy man
smile.gif

img0022pn.jpg

img0004fo.jpg

ciunnc - welcome to Addicts Corner!!

Nice rifle, mate...congrats!

Can recommend the AccuStack risers for a more consistent cheek weld. (Hide member M.45 does them....great bit of kit!)

Also, if you get a chance, try an AI or Atlas bipod on the spigot. I find it gives a better balance and feel to the rifle.

Once upon a time an AI in Australia in private hands was a rare thing !

Glad to be seeing more around.

+1 on the Atlas, they are a good piece of kit as well.

Now go get some practice for the match in Canberra in August :)

Enjoy !

I have the AI bipod, i too find it too wobbly will be ordering the tensioner for it soon, between the standard AI bipod and harris i find that i shot better with harris bipod.. Dont know which shop is willing to ship the Altas out to Australia..want to try one..
cheers

Have a look at Sporting Services website (www.sportingservices.co.uk) and their Friction Lock for the AI bipod. Guys I know that have tried them seem to like them a lot. Graeme will ship to Aus.

On the Atlas....PM Kasey here on the Hide - great bloke and really helpful. I'm sure he'll get you sorted

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MinorDamage</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Inquiring minds want to know where you obtained the AX AICS.

Josh </div></div>

Dave Tooley of Tooley Custom Rifles was able to procure one for me when he did my custom .308 build. He does all the barrel work for AI platforms in North America.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: s2jesse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
5999667279_bcf92e6d5f_b.jpg
5999667139_fc22c93182_b.jpg

I'll toss it here in the ai thread as well.

Jesse
</div></div>

Outstanding pic Jesse!

The AX is a VERY nice rifle and very accurate out to 1000-yards (furthest I've been able to shoot it).

markAi_01Large.jpg

My friend Bill Bracken from Nightforce giving it a run...
brackenAiLarge.jpg

There is about $70 worth of ammo in that mag on the left. LOL. For comparison the mag on the right is an AW 10-round .308.

doubleStack.jpg

Mark

Nice pics! Sweet. Thanks for sharing, and I too love the AI AX look.

Hmmmm guess its time to go get the ski mask again to be able to afford that AX338.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: s2jesse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Jesse
</div></div>

Aren't folding stocks illegal in California?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1505scouts</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: s2jesse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Jesse
</div></div>

Aren't folding stocks illegal in California? </div></div>

Believe that doesn't apply to Bolt Rifles, only Semi's

That FDE coat job you did really cleaned up the looks of that AX338, Mark.

For all you lucky guys that have one of these babies Im wondering if any of you lucky Aussies could help me Im looking at buying an AIAE MK II .308 but the only guy I can find that sells them is peddling them for $6000 AUD no scope, bipod, anything just stock standard rifle w/5shot mag is this normal? hoping you guys can help a follow AI fan thanks

My bady. AIAW 300wm
IMG_0472.jpg

Appologies for the pic, its from my phone.
I see not to many people paint their AIAW's. Any reason for that?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RunnerUp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For all you lucky guys that have one of these babies Im wondering if any of you lucky Aussies could help me Im looking at buying an AIAE MK II .308 but the only guy I can find that sells them is peddling them for $6000 AUD no scope, bipod, anything just stock standard rifle w/5shot mag is this normal? hoping you guys can help a follow AI fan thanks </div></div>

RunnerUp,
That sounds about right. By the time it filters down to the gun shop, they put there mark up on the rifle. It is what it is. I got myself an AW a few years back, I'm glad I got it.
What's that saying, buy once cry once.

You can get a second hand one on hear when they rock up. http://www.usedguns.com.au/
But they have a tendancy of not staying on there for too long.

Albert