• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Pics

Re: Accuracy International Pics

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ho Chung</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nick Simmons</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
IMG_0512.jpg
</div></div>

Nice scope. I had a 3-12x50 but traded it away. And now I am scopeless:

aw98_003%20002.JPG

But the friend I traded with felt bad, so I am borrowing his green L96 scope, just like yours:

aw98_003%20007.JPG

I like it a lot, I think I'll buy it from him. </div></div>

Grab it with both hands mate! The MOD are gas axeing all the old L96 A1 rifles and all accessories, the green S&B's are being crushed. The British MOD has always been very cagey about anything to do with sniping, it's just not cricket old chap, so rather than make a fortune selling all the rifles and gear to the likes of us they're being destroyed
mad.gif

So you, me and a select few others will have the only survivors of this mass murder. Mine was listed as KIA in Iraq after an IED strike on my vehicle. The scope was blow off of the rifle and got lodged in my gear somehow.....
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nick Simmons</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This rifle is my best mans:

DSC00296.jpg

</div></div>

oh damn, the real deal!!

Nick, did all the L96 green scopes have the post reticle?
aw98_003%20014.JPG

Just curious to know if there were other variants that had different reticles.

There was i believe one with range finding lines at the bottom of the reticle as well, memory tells me the Royal Marines had them??? Something like this:

600px-SB_P4_reticle_at_5x_zoom.png

But with the same post reticle we have.

There was also a Black version of the scope for Police marksman, not sure if they had the same reticle though. I'll ask a friend of mine that will know for sure and post what i find out.

On the 338 AWSM, what is the max OAL I can use? I got some FGMM in and it won't fit in the mag!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ho Chung</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry the pic wasn't sharp enough... not that it matters, but mine is a 98
smile.gif

AW001%20015.JPG
</div></div>

Nice looking rifle there Ho.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beenjammin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice looking rifle there Ho.
smile.gif
</div></div>

Couldn't have done without you.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheIllusiveMan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
AIAEMKII-021612.jpg

My AE MKII. Needs glass..... I dream of owning an AW one day. </div></div>

Funny you mention. Not long ago, I wanted an AE so badly, that I sold off a lot of guns to get the AE. Then I caught the AW fever. and this fever wouldn't go away. So I sold off the AE and some more guns to get the AW.

Nick Simmons: I've noticed that people who send text messages/emails have forgotten the art of capital letters. For those that fall into this category, take note of the following statement: "Capitalisation is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse".

Concur mate.......LMAO!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GTGunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nick Simmons: I've noticed that people who send text messages/emails have forgotten the art of capital letters. For those that fall into this category, take note of the following statement: "Capitalisation is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse".

Concur mate.......LMAO!
</div></div>

It is the truth isn't it?!
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nick Simmons</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ho Chung</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nick Simmons</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
IMG_0512.jpg
</div></div>

aw98_003%20002.JPG

But the friend I traded with felt bad, so I am borrowing his green L96 scope, just like yours:

aw98_003%20007.JPG

Grab it with both hands mate! The MOD are gas axeing all the old L96 A1 rifles and all accessories, the green S&B's are being crushed. The British MOD has always been very cagey about anything to do with sniping, it's just not cricket old chap, so rather than make a fortune selling all the rifles and gear to the likes of us they're being destroyed
mad.gif

So you, me and a select few others will have the only survivors of this mass murder. Mine was listed as KIA in Iraq after an IED strike on my vehicle. The scope was blow off of the rifle and got lodged in my gear somehow.....
grin.gif
</div></div>

All the Army L96's are being withdrawn for re-furbishment not scrapping. Naval ( Marines) L96 have seen some scrapping of rifles and parts.

If your scope fell off then its seriel number is listed under its "board of enquiry" notice on a central database that all armourers etc have access to. Its in effect stolen military property,....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Emouse</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nick Simmons</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ho Chung</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nick Simmons</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
IMG_0512.jpg
</div></div>

aw98_003%20002.JPG

aw98_003%20007.JPG

mad.gif

grin.gif
</div></div>

All the Army L96's are being withdrawn for re-furbishment not scrapping. Naval ( Marines) L96 have seen some scrapping of rifles and parts.

If your scope fell off then its seriel number is listed under its "board of enquiry" notice on a central database that all armourers etc have access to. Its in effect stolen military property,.... </div></div>

It was Blown off at the same time as i was Blown out of the back of a Land Rover, so it's been listed as Written off....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nick Simmons</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> It was Blown off at the same time as i was Blown out of the back of a Land Rover, so it's been listed as Written off.... </div></div>

L96s.... Land Rovers.... You had all the cool shit there. nice.

AW .308 with the 3-12 S&B. Crappy cell phone pic, but I thought I'd contribute.

2012-01-22_13-56-00_581.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Elvis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AW .308 with the 3-12 S&B. Crappy cell phone pic, but I thought I'd contribute.

2012-01-22_13-56-00_581.jpg
</div></div>

Crappy phone pic or not, that's still an AW and that's still a nice little range!
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ho Chung</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nick Simmons</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> It was Blown off at the same time as i was Blown out of the back of a Land Rover, so it's been listed as Written off.... </div></div>

L96s.... Land Rovers.... You had all the cool shit there. nice. </div></div>

RIRWimick-1.jpg

Here's a real safe queen for you. I picked this up the other day.

1999 AWSM .338 LM 1.5 stock in Dark Earth. That's the brand new S&B 5-25x56 with MTC, locking turrets, and double-turn options. P4L fine reticle. Mounted with a 45MOA AI dovetail mount. This "vintage" AI is unfired, and came with a verified 1:10 barrel, fluted. (I have not had a chance to take it to the range as of yet... work has been whipping my ass as of late).

The Accu-Shot monopod was added yesterday, along with the AI bipod (although I might try the Atlas bipod as I've heard great things). Sling and cheek rest quick-adjust screws are on the way.

Click on them for ridiculous resolution versions.

-Lee

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Protocol</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's a real safe queen for you. I picked this up the other day.

1999 AWSM .338 LM 1.5 stock in Dark Earth. That's the brand new S&B 5-25x56 with MTC, locking turrets, and double-turn options. P4L fine reticle. Mounted with a 45MOA AI dovetail mount. This "vintage" AI is unfired, and came with a verified 1:10 barrel, fluted. (I have not had a change to take it to the range as of yet... work has been whipping my ass as of late).

The Accu-Shot monopod was added yesterday, along with the AI bipod (although I might try the Atlas bipod as I've heard great things). Sling and cheek rest quick-adjust screws are on the way.

-Lee </div></div>

That is bad ass!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Protocol</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's a real safe queen for you. I picked this up the other day.

1999 AWSM .338 LM 1.5 stock in Dark Earth. That's the brand new S&B 5-25x56 with MTC, locking turrets, and double-turn options. P4L fine reticle. Mounted with a 45MOA AI dovetail mount. This "vintage" AI is unfired, and came with a verified 1:10 barrel, fluted. (I have not had a change to take it to the range as of yet... work has been whipping my ass as of late).

-Lee </div></div>

That's one of the nicest AW's I've seen in a long time! Congrats

Thanks! An AWSM was definitely on my must-have list. Still need the AW in .308 and AX in .338 LM to make the AI collection complete. This one is begging to be zero'd in and shot. I think it's had plenty of rest after 13 years : )

i said i would post in here soon enough and the time has come
here is my 300rum in the AX

DSC03959.jpg

DSC03967.jpg

DSC03963.jpg

Nice gun! Looking to put together a AX system in .308 norma mag. Was wondering what reciever you use. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Nice stick there Sub. What mount is that you've got there?

Proto ,

DONOT shoot that rifle , it will knock the fillings out of your teeth .

Order straight away the bigger new 2 chamber brake , and then shoot the hell out of her .

later Chris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChrisF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Proto ,

DONOT shoot that rifle , it will knock the fillings out of your teeth .

Order straight away the bigger new 2 chamber brake , and then shoot the hell out of her .

later Chris</div></div>

Actually it's not too bad really. Previously I owned a TAC-50 and ran thousands and thousands of rounds through it. In fact, that really helped early with curbing my recoil flinch. Compared to 50 BMG, this is rather nice!

It an old M700 LA, 300rum, hart barrel, worked on by a guy on the hide, bought it off him as a complete rifle and dropped the barreled action into the AX and added some goodies

Spuhr single piece scope mount

the only things to keep in mind are scope clearance as the rail is higher than the barrel and you do not have as much space. I barely cleared with 20moa BO base and the spuhr mount. the mount is a little higher than standard Med rings. the scope is NSX 5.5-22x56, the objective cap won't fit on though.
And the Mag has to be altered to accept the .300rum rounds as they are too big in some areas to fit.

Just got it all together few weeks ago have only got to run some cheap factory ammo through it, but it shoots good. Expecting great groups with my reloads in the near future.

all in all i really like the chassis, super comfortable in every aspect for me. love the pistol grip, fits my hand well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jAXDIALATION</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well this is cheating I guess AX Chassis + Surgeon + Kreiger.

142239394.jpg
</div></div>

really like the bolt knob,

might steal that idea off you.

Remington 700 Sendero 300 Win Mag
Nightforce 5.5-22x50
Timney Trigger
Badger FTE Brake
Next upgrade will probably be a tactical bolt handle.

700AICS_2.jpg

700AICS_1.jpg

My AE MkIII with some SW Ammo, PRS, Alpha, TAB Gear, and Gemtech goodness.

41403733.jpg

"Time to get mine out".This is a copy of the Psg90 used by the Swedish armed forces.the rifle has a 1 in 10 twist barrel and the Hensoldt 10x42 scope all in the carry case with accesories and 5 mags.The only change I have made is to fit the AI Muzzle Brake with threaded portion to take a suppressor.
6907188404_ee6dbc258b_z.jpg

6907190270_4df735ddbf_z.jpg

6904990724_b5c62d8fd2_z.jpg

6904783436_618c7339cb_z.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GTGunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is my R700 Milspec 5R in AICS 2.0 after some mods at Phoenix Custom Rifles:

Infidel_0068.jpg

Infidel_0070.jpg

Infidel_0078.jpg

Infidel_0076.jpg
</div></div>

Is your barrel threaded and if so, who made your TP? Pheonix?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dogger2UK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Time to get mine out".This is a copy of the Psg90 used by the Swedish armed forces.the rifle has a 1 in 10 twist barrel and the Hensoldt 10x42 scope all in the carry case with accesories and 5 mags.The only change I have made is to fit the AI Muzzle Brake with threaded portion to take a suppressor.

</div></div>

What do you mean "copy"? looks pretty legit to me. NICE!

762SD:

[/quote]

Is your barrel threaded and if so, who made your TP? Pheonix?[/quote]

Sorry for taking so long to reply.......I hadn't seen your post.

Yes, Phoenix Custom Rifles threaded the barrel and made the thread protector. They do incredible work!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dogger2UK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Time to get mine out".This is a copy of the Psg90 used by the Swedish armed forces.the rifle has a 1 in 10 twist barrel and the Hensoldt 10x42 scope all in the carry case with accesories and 5 mags.The only change I have made is to fit the AI Muzzle Brake with threaded portion to take a suppressor.

</div></div>

That is one sexy AI.

I just ordered and AICS 2.0 and have an Atlas bipod I'd like to use. It has the dovetail mounting system. What's the best way to mount it? Are there any separate parts I'll need to buy?

Thanks for you help!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: komifornian</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just ordered and AICS 2.0 and have an Atlas bipod I'd like to use. It has the dovetail mounting system. What's the best way to mount it? Are there any separate parts I'll need to buy?

Thanks for you help! </div></div>
Have a look here...you may find the info you require
http://www.sportingservices.co.uk/accessories.asp

Took my AW out for it's first deer last week:

IMG_0055.jpg

Got a Fox as well:

IMG_0060.jpg

Since then I've changed my stock sides back to green and changed my scope:

IMG_0066.jpg

Hope to get some better action shots this weekend!

</div></div>

Is it a copy or just an over run? Did you get it from Sporting Services as I'm sure I saw this for sale when I was looking for an AW.