• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

advice for hunting stock

yotechsr

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 16, 2008
beyond
Just picked up a rem 700 cdl sf 300 wsm to abuse. I was lugging around a 700 in aics with a mark 4 great but too much weight. Looking to replace the stock for now, any suggestions, experience would be appreciated. Also any paint stick to that stainless well. I hunt in swamps, rock quarries in every weather.

Re: advice for hunting stock

The one I have listed here:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...327#Post1784327

Truly, the Remington Classic McMillan is one of the best all-around hunting stocks out there, and the barrel channel is already set for your barrel
wink.gif

Any of the popular finishes will work well for your action. It will likely e best if the barreled action is alum oxide blasted before finishing to get the finish to adhere well

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: darrenk75b</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The one I have listed here:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...327#Post1784327

Truly, the Remington Classic McMillan is one of the best all-around hunting stocks out there, and the barrel channel is already set for your barrel
wink.gif

Any of the popular finishes will work well for your action. It will likely e best if the barreled action is alum oxide blasted before finishing to get the finish to adhere well</div></div>

nice light stock to carry. you asked and he gave you a great solution.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: darrenk75b</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Truly, the Remington Classic McMillan is one of the best all-around hunting stocks out there,
wink.gif
. </div></div>

Absolutely.
I couldn't figure out what all the hubbub was about this pattern, so I bought one.
And another, and another, and another........