• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

There is KAC at the top, with LMT right on its heels.

Then there is everyone else. SCAR20 may turn out to be a real winner but they are new, hard to find and do not have the support that the AR platform does for spares. They are also $1K more than a similar speced LMT in 6.5.

IMO LMT is the best value and utility. Quick change, relativity inexpensive barrels that are hammers is a hard feature to pass up.

Larue OBR may also be right there, but they always been niche and who knows if they are still the same quality from 10 years ago.

Seekins, JP, Wilson, ect all make good guns. They aren't combat proven and don't have the round count in harsh environments. These are all game guns.

Everyone else is playing russian roulette. Slapping parts together with out the R&D and round count that places like LMT and Larue have put through their guns, revising designs and shooting more does not instill confidence.

Look at who actually developed the SR25 platform and is responsible for its inovations. If anyone knows this platform its the boys who have been doing it for a long time, for various militaries, gov agencies, ect. They have a real feedback loop and are able to address any issues.

I like my now obsolete DPMS GII's, but if I were looking today, I'd probably be checking out the POF Rogue. Really depends on if you want a light and handy carry rifle or don't mind the weight of the standard large frame offerings.

I had a few POF's, I'll never mess with them again. LMT is fantastic, just a tad over gassed but 98% of a KAC (they are kissing cousins after all). The SR-25 is the pinnacle of the large frame gassers, everyone is chasing those Florida boys.

Another LMT vote here. I have a Larue OBR fro. 2012. It’s a great shooter and a bit overgassed. I am going to pull the barrel and put a proof cf on it with an adjustable gas block on it in the near future.

LMT is great, but you gotta know what you want out of an AR10. Even with the MLOK rail and LW profile barrel, they’re not light. If you’re looking for a precision rifle that’s not a total pig, they’re fine. If you’re looking for a lightweight battle rifle for 600 yards and under, they wouldn’t be my pick.

LMT is great, but you gotta know what you want out of an AR10. Even with the MLOK rail and LW profile barrel, they’re not light. If you’re looking for a precision rifle that’s not a total pig, they’re fine. If you’re looking for a lightweight battle rifle for 600 yards and under, they wouldn’t be my pick.
In the original post, the OP sounded like he was looking at rifles like the 2A Armament .308. That's a 6-3/4 pound battle rifle and not a bench gun. But, definitely a winner though. I have two of them.

Reactions: Mitu
In the original post, the OP sounded like he was looking at rifles like the 2A Armament .308. That's a 6-3/4 pound battle rifle and not a bench gun. But, definitely a winner though. I have two of them.

Yep, I just saw a few posts recommending the LMT and that didnt seem like it was going to scratch OP’s itch. I’ve got a DD5V3, an LMT MWS (16” SS LW barrel and MLOK upper), and now a POF Revolution DI Pistol (on its way). The MWS is a tackdriver, but it actually feels heavier with a worse recoil impulse than the DD5. However, the DD5 isn’t exactly svelte itself compared to offerings from V7, 2A, etc.

The KAC is a great battle rifle & if you are going to war then KAC sounds like a winner. I’m guessing most of the people here are buying rifles to go to the range to try to shoot the tightest groups possible & will never see any battle. If you’re not going to battle then get a JP because it will shoot more accurately than a KAC & be plenty reliable for range work

Reactions: Mj30wilson900
JP, GAP G2, or Craddock bartlein 5r rebarrel or build. My friend was telling me about how great his craddock shoots & from the reviews I’ve read he’s right on. Hard to beat any of these options

I used to own the V7 Harbinger .308 16" barrel, it was a great Rifle. It was Solid, Accurate and Beautiful but it had more Recoil than my JP LRP-07 Lightweight so I sold it and kept my JP.

I’m looking to get a semi-auto AR-10 rifle (maybe 2) for the collection. Was thinking a 308 first and maybe a 6.5 Creedmoor as a second. Currently, I don’t have anything this size, and the biggest stuff I have is a KAC SR-15 16” (with another 11.5” upper that I switch out occasionally), my gucci Radian Model 1 14.5”, and a DD PDW 300 BLK. All are awesome.

As I’ve been looking at some of the bigger rifles, I’ve been looking at a couple options:

• DD5 308 16 or 18” (that new “Hunter” custom color option is cool)
  • KAC SR-25 (A friend is selling their 20” PR and a 14.5” upper) - But I’d be open to the 16” CC & PC, and 22” 6.5 Creedmoor versions too.

But I’ve also heard these guys make awesome high end options:
  • LWRC REPR
  • LaRue PredatAR
  • Wilson Combat (I have one of their pistols and love it)
  • LMT
  • 2A Armament (I’ve heard their stuff is crazy light)

So, if I wanted to get a 308 first, and then a second 6.5 Creedmoor, what do you think might be a good set of two? My main purpose of these is a bit of hunting and a bit of a battle rifle. Maybe I should do the 308 shorter and the 6.5 longer? Good/bad idea? I love my KAC, but I’m concerned that the SR-25 doesn’t have an adjustable gas system like the DD has. Am I being irrational?

SkeletonKeys
buying you go with LMT as it's proven, market support, customizable, probably the most accurate of the lot mentioned. Owned or own LMT, KAC, REPR, LaRue, and others not mentioned here and would pick the LMT 1st, 2nd, and 3rd each time.

Reactions: Jsp556
Seekins, JP, Wilson, ect all make good guns. They aren't combat proven and don't have the round count in harsh environments. These are all game guns.
The second part of your statement isn’t true, as it pertains to Seekins. The screenshot and link below are not false advertising, and I’ll leave it at that.

SP10M

Attachments

• 0D24A304-38AE-45A5-AC52-E90F00D53B99.jpeg
    0D24A304-38AE-45A5-AC52-E90F00D53B99.jpeg
    95.6 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
There are elements in the US military that have bought and tested just about everything.

I carried a LMT 10.5" upper with a shortdot in Iraq. I guess that means the US military used the 1-4 Shortdot (Well they did actually, CAG to be specific).

I'm sure its a good gun but to say it compares or is proven to guns like the SR25, LMT MWS, HK417 or SCAR17 that all have millions of rounds via testing through them as both factory R&D and customer evaluations is silly. Furthermore all are proven on the battlefield.

There was a guy in my unit that ran a DPMS Kitty Kat 7.5" upper on his M4. Others use Barksa scopes or other junk from CDNN.

Just because one or a handful of guys use something in the military, doesn't mean it has been vetted and is proven. There are a million things that can go wrong with a gun especially when you test it in different environments and with high round counts. That is why we issue proven platforms that most of the kinks have been worked out.

Not saying the SP10M is a bad gun at all, I would absolute run one of given the chance. But there is distinct differences here that most do not understand. You also have to understand the history of these guns and the evolution process that got us where we are today.

i am going to say a scar 20S because it is so easy to shoot well (besides being reliable, clean running and able to shoot cheap ammo pretty well).
oh and i know it is easy to shoot because i can shoot it ok.

There are elements in the US military that have bought and tested just about everything.

I carried a LMT 10.5" upper with a shortdot in Iraq. I guess that means the US military used the 1-4 Shortdot (Well they did actually, CAG to be specific).

I'm sure its a good gun but to say it compares or is proven to guns like the SR25, LMT MWS, HK417 or SCAR17 that all have millions of rounds via testing through them as both factory R&D and customer evaluations is silly. Furthermore all are proven on the battlefield.

There was a guy in my unit that ran a DPMS Kitty Kat 7.5" upper on his M4. Others use Barksa scopes or other junk from CDNN.

Just because one or a handful of guys use something in the military, doesn't mean it has been vetted and is proven. There are a million things that can go wrong with a gun especially when you test it in different environments and with high round counts. That is why we issue proven platforms that most of the kinks have been worked out.

Not saying the SP10M is a bad gun at all, I would absolute run one of given the chance. But there is distinct differences here that most do not understand. You also have to understand the history of these guns and the evolution process that got us where we are today.
agree

getting the best a few days or weeks before a possible ban is funny like waiting for gas to run out in your area , to decide to get some for your car . While I do hope you are able to get what you want and are looking for I see it as too late to be trying to buy unless its in stock near enough to you to pick it up right there on the spot .

Reactions: CrabsandFootball

What you or guys in your unit bought out of pocket and brought with you on deployment has absolutely nothing to do with an actual program of record. The SP10M was selected by a particular customer organization following an extensive series of trials which involved most of the big names in the industry. KAC competed and didn’t get the contract.

To be clear, I am not affiliated with Seekins, it is just pretty irritating to see people keep parroting incorrect information.

What you or guys in your unit bought out of pocket and brought with you on deployment has absolutely nothing to do with an actual program of record. The SP10M was selected by a particular customer organization following an extensive series of trials which involved most of the big names in the industry. KAC competed and didn’t get the contract.

To be clear, I am not affiliated with Seekins, it is just pretty irritating to see people keep parroting incorrect information.
in all fairness to all parties, I'm not sure I'd EVER rest my laurels on the 'extensive series of trials' that are conducted by mil. We know there are many issues with these tests far too often

in all fairness to all parties, I'm not sure I'd EVER rest my laurels on the 'extensive series of trials' that are conducted by mil. We know there are many issues with these tests far too often
I agree, particularly when it comes to conventional military procurement processes. There are plenty of examples of complete duds and horribly mismanaged programs.

There are, however, a select few organizations that have both the expertise and the latitude to get things right.

So what unit with a POR selected seekins rifles..... stop talking around the subject.

Small purchases are made all the time on a r&d basis. A handfull of guns is not a POR. Neither is a handfull bought via COTS.

Even if they did what i said earlier rings true. Without serious numbers of guns and high round count the system is not proven yet. Its simple statistics and anyone in the firearms procurement world understands it.

That may be an eventuality but here, today, its an unproven product. There are proven products on the market. Its not a hard choice.

You could always build your own and make it exactly what you want with the best components you can get for your budget.

I recently built a 6.5 Creedmoor using Aero upper/lower, BSF carbon fiber sleeved 24" barrel, adjustable gas block, Triggertech 308 trigger, etc.. Pretty much upper-mid to higher end components for the thing and the cost was right at 2K. Not cheap, but the componet quality was going to be hard to replicate for 2K and I really wanted the BSF barrel to see if the whole carbon fiber thing is worth it (it seems to be in my limited testing so far).

View attachment 7404318
Yup, that's what I did, (matrix lower, bsf 18.5 CF, Lancer handguard CF, Lantac Bolt, surp adj gas block) it's a shooter too.

Reactions: DPS03
I haven’t gotten them yet there’s a long backlog. Wilson should be ready in about six weeks and the JP... could be 4-5 months. I’ll let you know when they come. Wilson makes great stuff, per of why I want with them, their reputation makes the guns hold value.
Did you get your JP yet? I’m looking at getting the LRI chassis system with Craddock Precision installing a Bartlein 6.5CM in that 400MODBB material… curious what your accuracy is like in the JP?

Yes I have had my JP LRP-07 for a couple of years and I will never sell it, it is Super Accurate and 100% Reliable and just a Fantastic rifle with low recoil. JP makes the most accurate rifles on the planet, they say they are competition only but that is B.S. they are Rock Solid.

Having both sr-25s in 6.5 and .308 I will say it is the smart choice. It runs smooth and digest everything. With average ammo I get 1/2 to 1” groups at 100 yards. Most stay at the 3/4” range. Kac will maintain value and price while other brands just will decrease in value as the market gluts with rifles.

well i got three Noveske N6 (two are switchblocks) , 3 JPs LRPs, 2 LWRC REPR2 (one is new in box black with a 308 and 6,5 upper i will be selling), larue OBR and a SR25 (had a HK Mr762 shot like shit) and a sig dmr2. For a battle rifle its the SR25 , for precision work the JPs cant be beat. in between are the rest.

Last edited: