• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

AI AT Cheekpiece Screw Problem

ptrlcop

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 17, 2012
Janesville, WI
The cheek rest slipped a little low during use. When I backed the screws out to readjust there was a threaded insert in the chassis that backed out with the screw. I cant get these inserts to thread back into the chassis. One of them looks a little messed up and the other one looks OK but neither will thread back into he stock. I am guessing that I dont want to just tap the hole and put a larger screw in since the chassis is aluminum and would probable strip.

Any ideas how to move forward? This is a work gun so I would prefer not to send it anywhere.

this happened to my AT years ago...i just tapped both holes and went to bigger screws...youd have to put a ridiculous amount of torque for no reason to strip it out, since it doesnt take much to hold the cheek piece tight

m6-1 tap and a couple m6 16mm cap heads got me up and running. tossed a few rubber washers
I had on the posts so that the screws are not holding all the weight. Took longer to type this than to do it.

Reactions: morganlamprecht