• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Alot of Dick’s

Robert S

Private
Minuteman
  • Dec 31, 2019
    Went to dick’s sporting goods today, and found that they no longer sell trump slump rifles like an ar15. The choice they made is cool. The problem is they sell .556 and .223 ammo in abundance. Maybe I misunderstood their public statements... but natualrally thought they were not interested anything including in my purchase.

The great thing is I don’t care what they wanted and would never buy their product at any price. Wall Street has it figured too...check their stock price.

Last edited:
    Can't be but a couple of reasons for a grown man to walk into an establishment named DICKS ???

right. Thanks for that. But is important for people to know that the deck isn’t stacked in our favor. They sell ammo that threatens you while being held up as a public servant.

right. Thanks for that. But is important for people to know that the deck isn’t stacked in our favor. They sell ammo that threatens you while being held up as a public servant.

The last time they pulled thier bullshit there was a long go get kicked in the DICK thread on here about it.
    I think you would have a difficult time finding anyone here that would waste a dime on those assholes let alone go in thier store for anything other than to take a shit and leave.

Good news. I won’t buy. But we should be vigilant in reminding ourselves of who declares themselves to be an enemy of rational people. Dicks has made their view explicitly clear. They are obviously wrong.

The last time they pulled thier bullshit there was a long go get kicked in the DICK thread on here about it.
    I think you would have a difficult time finding anyone here that would waste a dime on those assholes let alone go in thier store for anything other than to take a shit and leave.

we should work on discrediting those who always discredit you. Dicks is in that world.

The only way ammo threatens me is if one of my storage shelves breaks and it all falls and crushes me.

You are in the minority. Most go to a deal so they can shoot w little without judgement. The issue is dicks sells the ammo the have made a pariah. People should not ever buy there.

Reactions: gunman_7
    OP, you're either new to shooting or you live in a vacuum tube. Dick's has been on PNG status for the gun community since Sandy Hook.
    Not new, and not in a vacuum. Just a person who follows up on those who choose to capitalize on my insensitivity to narratives. I was not surprised to see dicks selling ammo that they declared to be anti American. I was just posting that I saw what should have been impossible based upon the media narrative.

Last edited:
    Can't be but a couple of reasons for a grown man to walk into an establishment named DICKS ???

Yeah it would be pretty awkward if my friends asked me "what's up", and my reply was "I was just at Dick's"...
    smiley_freak.gif

Besides, I think they should just STOP selling guns and shooting related products altogether. They are already a failure and have shown the world what fucking pussy cucks that they are. Hanging on by a thread and compromising what little self respect that they have left by continuing to sell gun related merchandise is just pathetic and pitiful. Just. Give. Up. Already... It's not like we are going to have more respect for you because you are still selling ammo. You lost that a long time ago...

I've only ever been in one of their stores once. It was many years ago now, in Beaverton (Oregon) Town Center. I have never seen a more boring sporting goods store in my entire life. Looked like all they sold were cleats/shoes for kids T-Ball and youth Soccer and participation trophies. Perfect for minivan driving soccer moms. Have never spent a dime there and never will.

I look forward to seeing them suffering from the final stages of the Coriolis effect in their final last gasps before they go down the drain.

Not new, and not in a vacuum. Just a person who follows up on those who choose to capitalize on my insensitivity to narratives. I was not surprised to see dicks selling ammo that they declared to be anti American. I was just posting that I saw what should have been impossible based upon the media narrative.

There is a term out there called a "beta orbiter". It is used to describe a weak (beta) man who tries to get a woman's attention by constantly texting, calling, buying her gifts, and showing her "care and affection" that most often goes into straight creepy territory. Meanwhile, the woman really does not give a shit about this guy, but merely keeps him around as a therapist and companion to vent her frustrations and talk about her hurt feelings when the other dudes that she are seeing dump her or ignore her in pursuit of bigger fish. Basically, this beta guy is just being kept by this woman as an attention pet. She always showers him with praise and statements like "oh you are so kind", and "I cannot imagine a guy like you still do not have a girlfriend yet". If he actually tries to make any physical or verbal attempt to get closer though, she will just tell him that "we are just best friends". Because, in reality, she has no attraction to this dude, but needs someone around her to show her attention. And he is simply too stupid, or smitten by his own fantasies, to realize that he is simply NOT going to go anywhere with her and all he is doing is wasting his own time, money, and effort.

That is exactly how Dick's is acting around the extreme leftist politicians and media figures that they are trying to appease, and at the same time they are still trying to maintain what status they have left as a "shooting retailer" by keeping ammo and Fudd guns in stock. They do not understand that the leftists do NOT care about their appeasement efforts. Their end goals are the complete disarmament of the entire country. If they had refused to budge an inch and told the leftists to get the fuck out of their faces and continued selling AR-15's, they would have gotten far more respect from everyone. NOBODY respects a beta.

I am ashamed to admit, but I went to a Field & Stream recently (same company as Dick's) and talked to one of the guys that was working behind the gun counter we had a conversation about how fucked up the company is and how bad their sales have been since they turned all PC. He said "honestly I don't know how we are still in business" he did say that Sportsmans Warehouse is suppose to be buying some of them and he was hoping that his store was going to be bought by Sportsmans Warehouse.

I go to Dicks so I can get eyes and hands on a product . Then I order online . Hell I even went there just to compare safes . Wound up buying my safe from BJs . Cause really I'd rather have BJs than Dicks . ?
    I do the same thing its great to be able to try on shoes and boots before you order else where...….:)

I was just posting that I saw what should have been impossible based upon the media narrative.

"Media narrative"....
    Somebody's' propaganda that rarely represents truth.....
    But what somebody wants to see happen to promote their agenda.

Always to be taken in with skepticism and with an investigating inquiring mind.

Bullets are no more dangerous than the roofing nails and screws Eric Rudolph put in his packages at the Olympics (Atlanta) and the Birmingham Al abortion clinic.

The danger is in the evil intent loose in the people misusing materials. Like injecting a diabetics insulin into a healthy person to kill them.

Hypocrisy knows no boundaries. Social posturing is equally hypocritical.

Appropriately said to Dicks, dont be a dick... they are getting their just reward and due for their hypocritical posturing.

Life goes on. Bad things happens to good people, good things happen to bad people, bad knows no boundary on everybody.

Reactions: XLR308
    They no longer carry pistol ammo or “assault rifle” ammo here at the Walmarts anymore. According to a friend that bought a bunch at like 40% off when they were getting rid of it, only ammo they will carry anymore is hunting ammo.

• Angry
    Reactions: Alphatreedog
    before the had stopped selling the evil semi auto rifles...I had tried to buy a Ruger 10/22 there, the background check did not come back in the 3 business day time frame so they refused to sell it to me...I have been done with them ever since.

I am ashamed to admit, but I went to a Field & Stream recently (same company as Dick's) and talked to one of the guys that was working behind the gun counter we had a conversation about how fucked up the company is and how bad their sales have been since they turned all PC. He said "honestly I don't know how we are still in business" he did say that Sportsmans Warehouse is suppose to be buying some of them and he was hoping that his store was going to be bought by Sportsmans Warehouse.

The big guy virtue signals, and the little guys loose their jobs. Thanks for helping out the little guys you virtue signaling pieces of shit. The democrats are really looking out for you.

I walked in to the one by my work right before white tail season. Last minute decision to go, needed some slugs and I don't normally hunt the shotgun zone, etc. I do a whole lap around the store and I can't find the gun counter/hunting section. I knew about the whole AR thing, but I figured even Dick's will have some cheap o 12ga slugs. Nope. Finally find a pencil neck to ask when I am tired of looking and he goes "We don't sell firearms or firearm accessories any more." I couldn't believe it. The only thing I have ever gone to that store for was ammo or archery supplies if I was in a pinch. I flat out told the guy I guess I won't have to come back here ever again, even Walmart has shells.

The big guy virtue signals, and the little guys loose their jobs. Thanks for helping out the little guys you virtue signaling pieces of shit. The democrats are really looking out for you.
    In the long run hopefully it will work out better for them (the little guys) when Sportsman’s Warehouse a pro 2A company buys most if not all of the Field & Streams.

You need a pink pussy hat to walk into DICK's. Their vocal anti-gun CEO is a leftist opportunist of the highest order.

There are two sporting goods stores I absolutely will not patronize due to their anti-gun views: Dick's and REI. Fuck both of them.

We used to spend a ton of money at Dicks. 2 kids in 3 sports each, plus they played travel ball-it got to where they were sending use $100 gift cards we were going there so much. They when they pulled their BS by not only stopping selling AR-15s, but destroying the ones they had in stock, we stopped going.
    I have been there 1 time since, to look at a golf club for my daughter. I of course bought it someplace else.