• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater american guns

Re: american guns

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like the gun grabby dad is still at it.

Last season I commented how funny it was to watch the dad. If you pay attention you'll see that the second anyone is done shooting he'll rudely grab the gun from them and hold onto it. It's so weird and he does it in every single episode I've watched (which isn't many).

Keep an eye him and his grabby hands and you'll get a laugh out of his little power trip or whatever it is that makes him do that. </div></div>

that drives me nuts too...
actually makes me think that the customer never bought the gun, they're just actors, so he wants them back as soon as possible
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VJJPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I sure wish when I have a "custom" rifle abortion made for me they take that additional attention to detail of "building" me a left hand gun since I'm right handed, y'all catch that? What a fucking joke </div></div>

that was my favorite
smile.gif

it's supposed to be a custom build, but the moron forgot to tell them he's a lefty......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BillK65</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The NASCAR deal was all scripted, not even the drivers house. Just another cheap gimmick to try to further the show. </div></div>It's all scripted. Always. That, and one must buy one's own show first and then try to sell it. So, I'm thinking that they have more than enough of their own money into it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IanWRX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hate this show. cant stop watching tho its like a train wreck. $4000 for a carbon fiber 50 barrel lmfao. </div></div>

That rifle was "built for" the uncle of one of my friends...... yea

Don't forget the $1700 M&P 45 with the custom zebra paint job. I'm sure they charged the guy about $400 for an Apex trigger. I wish people that bought guns from me would use that show as a guide so I could make a fist full of cash from each deal.

Just watched the episode with the NASCAR driver, who wanted a gun to help with his "varmit" problem on his land......so instead of maybe introducing him to a precision semi-auto or bolt gun....Rich shows up with 7 guns that go from a "sniper" bolt to lever actions, revolvers, semi-auto .22, pump shotgun & a .375 H&H bolt gun......

Then sold them all for $28K !! That's 4K PER GUN!! Not a single gun in that stack would retail for more than $1000. UNBELIEVABLE!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Puppypopper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, please could someone tell me what the f'ck was that tonight. Who the hell pays 10k for that crap ? I think at this point its only worth watching to see if he will have his wife come out naked. He daughter is half way there.

Please what kind of bullshit is this? </div></div>

I just saw the $10K episode this afternoon....I almost lost my lunch when that ass clown said $10K...are these people for real? I dont care if it is drama for TV, this is crazy...

If these two guys are real gator hunters, they should know better or watch "Swap People" and see what they do with a Marlin .22....$10K are you kidding me?

I think you guys all fail to realize how expensive it is to lease a helicopter instead of driving a car. I wonder if he has a heli pad at the grocery store just for him.

"Honey, I'm spooling up the Bell, do you need anything?"

"Just a loaf of bread and milk"

"I hope the store has change for gold coins this time"

Someone needs to go to the store with a hidden camera and jack the guy around on his prices.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 50calcruiser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think you guys all fail to realize how expensive it is to lease a helicopter instead of driving a car. I wonder if he has a heli pad at the grocery store just for him.

"Honey, I'm spooling up the Bell, do you need anything?"

"Just a loaf of bread and milk"

"I hope the store has change for gold coins this time"

Someone needs to go to the store with a hidden camera and jack the guy around on his prices. </div></div>
I read somewhere from a person that knows this guy and told the helicopter story. He said that Rich will have a seller that lives about 20 minutes north of Denver, but he will drive to south Denver to rent the helicopter to show off. The trip back and forth to the airport actually takes him longer than if he had just driven to the sellers house.

I watch the show at times but understand its all scripted for TV. Its more like a sitcom than a true life reality gun shop show, guess that is why I give it some watching time. The fat guy is hilarious. Everyone should know all these shows are scripted and directed, even my beloved Deadliest Catch. Only the pilot show was raw. One of my friends was a boat capt and was on the show for a season or two and he has lots to say about the show, good and bad.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 45.308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I watch the show at times but understand its all scripted for TV. Its more like a sitcom than a true life reality gun shop show, guess that is why I give it some watching time. The fat guy is hilarious. Everyone should know all these shows are scripted and directed, even my beloved Deadliest Catch. Only the pilot show was raw. <span style="color: #FF0000">One of my friends was a boat capt and was on the show for a season or two and he has lots to say about the show, good and bad.</span> </div></div>

Not to hijack the thread but what does he have to say about the show?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dsink</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 45.308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I watch the show at times but understand its all scripted for TV. Its more like a sitcom than a true life reality gun shop show, guess that is why I give it some watching time. The fat guy is hilarious. Everyone should know all these shows are scripted and directed, even my beloved Deadliest Catch. Only the pilot show was raw. <span style="color: #FF0000">One of my friends was a boat capt and was on the show for a season or two and he has lots to say about the show, good and bad.</span> </div></div>

Not to hijack the thread but what does he have to say about the show? </div></div>

To make my point that these shows are scripted by a director producer for those who think American Guns and all these shows are for real. A photog does not walk into and around Gunsmoke with a camera and start filming just like they do not walk onto and around a crab boat and start filming...pilot episode for Deadliest Catch excluded. Do I know this for a fact, absolutely not but Capt Roger of the Saga and I have conversations about it.

Reality TV is far from reality! Worse than wrestlin'! But at least even those with only three teeth know it's fake. Yeah, I know, I'm talkin' 'bout kin folk! LOL!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like the gun grabby dad is still at it.

Last season I commented how funny it was to watch the dad. If you pay attention you'll see that the second anyone is done shooting he'll rudely grab the gun from them and hold onto it. It's so weird and he does it in every single episode I've watched (which isn't many).

Keep an eye him and his grabby hands and you'll get a laugh out of his little power trip or whatever it is that makes him do that.</div></div>

That and the goddamn "contests" where they stand and judge the workers like children. Douchebag shit through and through.

I agree, Paige's tits are the only thing worth watching, but now that she's all over the net they can go ahead and cancel the show.

10 grand for a 8 foot pipe threaded by a plumber and mounted on a fence post, then called a punt gun. those guys know there stuff

The show is absolutely rediculous in my opinion. All of these "reality" shows are so fake that it defeats the purpose of calling it reality

OK I say have American guns and red jacket do a show where they have to work out of the same shop and see what outrageous guns and prices come out of that and for commercial s the daughters mud wrestle lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cvcustoms</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK I say have American guns and red jacket do a show where they have to work out of the same shop and see what outrageous guns and prices come out of that and for commercial s the daughters mud wrestle lol </div></div>

Why would you want to see snaggletooth and giraffe wrastlin?

ETA: also what the hell is with the guy including "gold spikes" and other stupid shit in his deals to "sweeten up the deal" and suddenly a guy who wanted 100K will take 60K and a gold spike?

I actually liked the show when I first watched it until I realized how fake it was. Oh well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 45.308</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dsink</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 45.308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I watch the show at times but understand its all scripted for TV. Its more like a sitcom than a true life reality gun shop show, guess that is why I give it some watching time. The fat guy is hilarious. Everyone should know all these shows are scripted and directed, even my beloved Deadliest Catch. Only the pilot show was raw. <span style="color: #FF0000">One of my friends was a boat capt and was on the show for a season or two and he has lots to say about the show, good and bad.</span> </div></div>

Not to hijack the thread but what does he have to say about the show? </div></div>

To make my point that these shows are scripted by a director producer for those who think American Guns and all these shows are for real. A photog does not walk into and around Gunsmoke with a camera and start filming just like they do not walk onto and around a crab boat and start filming...pilot episode for Deadliest Catch excluded. Do I know this for a fact, absolutely not but Capt Roger of the Saga and I have conversations about it. </div></div>

I don't believe for a second that Deadliest Catch is scripted but I have no doubt that the editors/directors concentrate on interesting stories while less interesting and boring things that happen aboard the ships hit the cutting room floor.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: joshua414</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I actually liked the show when I first watched it until I realized how fake it was. Oh well. </div></div>

I felt the same way about the boobies.

Please tell me why they mounted an IOR Hunting Scope with capped turrents on a glossed out wetland grassed painted Sniper Rifle in 338 Lapua for the Avon Police Snipers?

BTW how often does a SWAT member need to take out a bank robber at 1,500 yards??....

I thought the idea of Sniper was NOT to be seen??.... The gloss paint job alone would give you away a 1,000 yards and or meters.......

Reguardless of what the daughter looks like I think I'll begin to reload 175 grain Matchkings during that hour from now on....I'm done with this show!!

Anybody know what the price of that .338 was for the Avon Police Dept.? I have seen the pricing for some of the other stuff "custom built" on that show and I was thinking they could have bought 3 rifles off the shelf for the price of that one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BNix</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please tell me why they mounted an IOR Hunting Scope with capped turrents on a glossed out wetland grassed painted Sniper Rifle in 338 Lapua for the Avon Police Snipers?

BTW how often does a SWAT member need to take out a bank robber at 1,500 yards??....

I thought the idea of Sniper was NOT to be seen??.... The gloss paint job alone would give you away a 1,000 yards and or meters.......

Reguardless of what the daughter looks like I think I'll begin to reload 175 grain Matchkings during that hour from now on....I'm done with this show!! </div></div>

The funny thing is that if it really was for a SWAT team, they'd probably just krylon that bitch.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 45.308</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dsink</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 45.308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I watch the show at times but understand its all scripted for TV. Its more like a sitcom than a true life reality gun shop show, guess that is why I give it some watching time. The fat guy is hilarious. Everyone should know all these shows are scripted and directed, even my beloved Deadliest Catch. Only the pilot show was raw. <span style="color: #FF0000">One of my friends was a boat capt and was on the show for a season or two and he has lots to say about the show, good and bad.</span> </div></div>

To make my point that these shows are scripted by a director producer for those who think American Guns and all these shows are for real. A photog does not walk into and around Gunsmoke with a camera and start filming just like they do not walk onto and around a crab boat and start filming...pilot episode for Deadliest Catch excluded. Do I know this for a fact, absolutely not but <span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'">Capt Roger of the Saga and I have conversations about it.</span> </div></div>

Who is Captain Roger of the Saga? Does he have a camera crew on his boat for the show?

If Deadliest Catch is scripted they need to give the poor 686 sponsored bastid a break. They make him look like a very large blown out asshole. Never catching crab, no respect from the crew, wife left him, crying on camera, balding with a lisp... Hope he at least gets paid for his acting skills haha

$3000 for a Springfield 1911.

1000 yard shot.............pretty sure those swat guys didnt make it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: onechance</div><div class="ubbcode-body">$10,000.00 for a Mossberg, Leupold Scout scope and a Judge to hunt alligators??? I'm in the wrong business. Who's that stupid?? I may be OCD, but I did notice that the gaps on the scope rings were not even, so much for attention to detail. You would have to kill a shit load of gators to pay that bill. </div></div>

there's a sucker born every minute .... apparently that still holds true

yeah, same as red jacket, they have it wired with pyrotechniqes to go up anyway

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wyteboymagik</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lol i agree i dont like they show and i can't stop either.. every episode it's the fat guy arguing with everyone on how right he is about EVERYTHING </div></div>

+1

I can't stand that fat a$$ know-it-all. He doesn't know it all, if he did he'd know how to lose weight because he's an obese prick!

This thread just confirms what I already know.. I need to stop watching american guns and sons of guns...but I can't. It is so stupid that I HAVE to watch.. Not quite as bad as One man army though

I don't know why I keep watching this stupidity! But seeing Paige ride the mechanical bull tonite was classic! It was a definite jump the shark moment. I can never make it through a whole show without laughing and asking, Wtf?

He sort of reminds me of Golemn from Lord of the Rings. "My precious!!!!"<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JonnyIndy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like the gun grabby dad is still at it.

Keep an eye him and his grabby hands and you'll get a laugh out of his little power trip or whatever it is that makes him do that. </div></div>

that drives me nuts too...
actually makes me think that the customer never bought the gun, they're just actors, so he wants them back as soon as possible
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VJJPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I sure wish when I have a "custom" rifle abortion made for me they take that additional attention to detail of "building" me a left hand gun since I'm right handed, y'all catch that? What a fucking joke </div></div>

that was my favorite
smile.gif

it's supposed to be a custom build, but the moron forgot to tell them he's a lefty......

</div></div>

All I can say is I have no idea how that guy sleeps at night.He ought to give you a free tube of KY and preparation H with every purchase.

Yeah I liked the episode with Paige riding the bull, especially the sound she made when she fell off. Gotta say American Guns has a lot better looking mascot than Sons of Guns.

Yeah you would think with all the money Red Jacket is making her dad could spot her some money to cover and align her teeth.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hajjwhisperer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah you would think with all the money Red Jacket is making her dad could spot her some money to cover and align her teeth.</div></div>

Then she couldn't open up beer bottles or chew through Copenhagen lids as easy.

Talked to friend of mine who coaches a national team. The wife was a total snob to the team at a gunshow in CO and told them "if they want to learn how to shoot they should come down to her range". Sorry. Will never watch again!

i do hate some things int he show, but... honestly, I cannot stop watching.

The only reason I watch it, is because I keep hoping that Paige has a wardrobe malfunction...

And to keep an eye out for there customers, hopefully I can find one, one of these days, and sell them a chromed out pearl gripped hi-point and get 2g's for it. I'd charge an extra 500 for a trig job though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: moredots</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The only reason I watch it, is because I keep hoping that Paige has a wardrobe malfunction...

And to keep an eye out for there customers, hopefully I can find one, one of these days, and sell them a chromed out pearl gripped hi-point and get 2g's for it. I'd charge an extra 500 for a trig job though. </div></div>

I thought the 'Guns' in "American Guns" <span style="font-style: italic">were</span> the titties and the firearms were just a cover to get boobs on the tube. Oh well. It's totally campy crap and anyone who actually is a firearms enthusiast (or whatever monikker you like) can see this. Considering the range of garbage that's on TV nowadays I still watch this show, mainly for the aforementioned cheesecake. As for the overweight gunsmith, he looks like a heart-attack waiting to happen, and that'll be great for ratings when he blows a ventricle. Sad really, but all in the name of good TV. Wonder if he really is that cocky or if they script his attitude in there. Sometimes he seems cool but mostly he's usually making some wise-ass crack.

I watch it mainly because it's better than any of the other crap that's on at the time. It's more of a comedy than anything with the ridiculous prices and some of the dumb ass builds they come up with.

Watch it occasionally watching the episode with the "howdah" pistol an the former football player with his "way custom encore".
When they quoted him 6grand for a fkn encore with 3 barrels I about fell off the
couch. I'd sell'm mine with 4 barrels an scopes for half that an still be happy. But oh wait they cut'm a deal with the "talley" rings. WTF OVER
Well at least the scenery is nice on occasion

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chris m</div><div class="ubbcode-body">watching tonights episode, did he really charge the florida gator hunter 10 grand for a smith&wesson governor, and a mossberg 223, looked them up on buds guns, and the governor runs 799.00, and the mossberg 590.00; 1400.00 worth of guns for 10 grand, no wonder he`s on tv </div></div>

This was jaw dropping. Not only is Rich a dick, but who in their right mind would pay those prices for a mossberg and a governor!! OK OK, he did a trigger job on the pistol and some stuff on the mossberg but holy hell. You can almost buy 2 GAP guns for the price he paid for the F'ing mossberg! I hope the Florida dude didn't really pay that or he's just as dumb for not doing his research.

The general public eats up the bullcrap. A guy was in my office last week who knows I shoot a lot, etc. He was asking about custom options for his "one of a kind lifetime rifle". I go through 30 minutes of actions, barrels, contours, his intended use and some quality builders. Then the guy says "I really would like that guy from TV, American Guns, to build me a rifle... he really knows what he is doing". At that point I realized I cannot help him and he has wasted 30 minutes of my life.