• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

American Precision Arms Mega MaTen Build

SLUHstud

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 10, 2010
Just got back from the UPS hub with a box from APA. Wanted to give Jered and APA a big thank you for the amazing work they did on this build. It was my attempt at a m110 clone of sorts, and the attention to detail and quality of the craftsmanship shows in the test target.

Specs on the rifle are
Mega Upper and Lower
Broughton 1:11 twist 20 inch
KAC URX fitted with no gap to upper
Badger M110 gas block
DPMS bolt
BAT reciever extension
BABC muzzle break
KAC micro adj rear
A2 Stock with Sierra Precision adj butt pad
Sierra Precision grip
gielisse dmr trigger
Norgon ambi mag catch
Atlas biopd

Still deciding on glass, but for now its got an extra 3-9 ss on it.

Again fit and finish on the rifle are amazing, and Jereds communication throught the build was great. I know this thing will shoot better than I can, test card shows that it likes 168 FGGM and puts them in a nice neat hole measuring .23x at 100 yards.

Photos will follow, camera is charging.

Pat

Re: American Precision Arms Mega MaTen Build

Some quick cell phone photos while the camera charges

imag0441u.jpg

imag0442u.jpg

imag0448p.jpg

imag0449z.jpg

Holy balls!!! Love it. That break is awesome!

I've been wanting to get a Mega lower/upper for a diy build myself.....

Amazing build. Jered crafts rifles meticulously; you always know that you get his best. A sub 1/4moa GAS GUN is downright crazy. That's one rifle that you should keep for life, and pass down to your kids.

Yep, I'm jealous. Hell I don't think my eyes would even allow me that nice of a group!

NICE!!! Is it combatable with the knight armament suppressor, I see those little notches on the gas block. If it is thats super sweet. Again nice rifle.

Thanks for the replys guys, the gun is nice as the pictures show. Hope to get out and get some trigger time with it this weekend. I know i wont be able to shoot groups like that, but its nice to know the rifle will do them, gives me something to look forward to achieving.

Tlg- yes, it should work with the KAC can. I need the KAC flash hider though, which I did not want to use yet as I dont have the can. Also another pin would need to be placed in the bottom of the block as a locating pin for the can which Jered and I decided to leave out as not to add uneeded holes to the barrel. In short yes it will work with a few quick changes, but not now. . . mostly cause i dont have the can lol.

Pat

Outstanding build!!! You cannot go wrong with the Mega platform quality. Gotta love agun that scary accurate