• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Another new feature in Strelok Pro!

People do not want to hear this, but the reticle feature is a distraction for both the developer and shooter. For the developer, it takes time away just trying to manage the new reticles and for the shooter a crutch.

Sure some are going to totally disagree with me and say how handy it is to visualize the drop in their scope. But unless you have electro optics, that process is slower than taking the time to truly know your reticle inside and out.

I would say, if you find that you need the perfect reticle in an app to show you the drop, you need to spend more time understanding your scope and drop.. just saying..

I wouldn't argue with you at all, but the reticle feature is a nice-to-have bit of chrome to me. And there are occasions where it's nice to look at - more for wind hold than elevation. yeah, mag wheels on a '66 Mustang...sorta.

Reactions: SonicBurlap
People do not want to hear this, but the reticle feature is a distraction for both the developer and shooter. For the developer, it takes time away just trying to manage the new reticles and for the shooter a crutch.

Sure some are going to totally disagree with me and say how handy it is to visualize the drop in their scope. But unless you have electro optics, that process is slower than taking the time to truly know your reticle inside and out.

I would say, if you find that you need the perfect reticle in an app to show you the drop, you need to spend more time understanding your scope and drop.. just saying..
Let me add to that that the reticle feature is basicalles useless. At most, two or three designs are all what is needed.

I did notice the wind hold seems backwards to me in where it places the target for a 90 degree wind. I am probably wrong but i expect 90 to translate wind coming from 90 right to left
Screenshot_20190809-145928_Strelok Pro.jpg

Reactions: TACC
I did notice the wind hold seems backwards to me in where it places the target for a 90 degree wind. I am probably wrong but i expect 90 to translate wind coming from 90 right to leftView attachment 7126921

So, the hold pictured here is correct. If the wind is coming from the right (blowing to the left), your hold is "into the wind," right? So, the crosshair is "up-wind."

Don't be embarrassed... I can't tell you how many times I've dialed the wrong direction for windage at the range. LOL! I become temporarily dyslexic!
I rarely dial windage, it has to be a pretty strong wind to make that happen, holdover is quicker. Also, I do agree that the reticle listing in the app is just like custom hubcaps on a car, nice to look at and to have but really not necessary for its function.

Last edited:
I rarel

I rarely dial windage, it has to be a pretty strong wind to make that happen, holdover is quicker. Also, I do agree that the reticle listing in the app is just like custom hubcaps on a car, nice to look at and to have but really not necessary for its function.

True. I was referring to the times when I'm zeroing a rifle, not compensating for wind. Should have made that more clear. :)

I think the reticle view does have a use or purpose... I think it's a useful tool for newbies to learn about how scopes work as it pertains to bullet drop and windage. I know I played around with it a lot, while sitting on my couch. But, in the field... not so much. I agree with that.

I'm glad I saw this thread. I didn't know this feature existed despite going shooting a few times since this update has been pushed. I'm sure it'll help since often times the glare makes the screen hard to read while I'm trying to do some quick calculations on the side.

I can’t get the change cartridge thing to work on iOS. I have several programmed for my rifle and a long tap on the rifle selection in the home screen just waits for me to let go and acts like a short tap. Latest versions of iOS and StrelokPro.

I can’t get the change cartridge thing to work on iOS. I have several programmed for my rifle and a long tap on the rifle selection in the home screen just waits for me to let go and acts like a short tap. Latest versions of iOS and StrelokPro.
I d not have that problem on my iPhone.

Reactions: Just Chuck
I also discovered a couple of Easter eggs in strelok Pro today.

The first is that if you tap on the turret settings in the ballistic Solution on the homepage, it will toggle between 1-3/4 format and clicks. (Circled in orange)

View attachment 7060046

The first Easter egg only works if you have a MOA scope, doesn't work for MRAD clicks

Let's not go there again, both work, pure preference and depends on what you're used to, or if you want to fit in with your range buddies, or ... Some people like their rifles camo, some prefer them purple with little pink, or neon green stars, their rifle, their choice, none of anyone else's beeswax, same goes for scope reticles and MOA, or MILRAD.

Let's not go there again, both work, pure preference and depends on what you're used to, or if you want to fit in with your range buddies, or ... Some people like their rifles camo, some prefer them purple with little pink, or neon green stars, their rifle, their choice, none of anyone else's beeswax, same goes for scope reticles and MOA, or MILRAD.

It was a joke, hence the: ;)

There have been many threads about it. Gun forums have the "MOA vs MIL" debate. Car forums have the perennial "What's the best oil, dino or synthetic" debate.

I was just adding some levity here. Carry on.

Reactions: seansmd
I think the reticle view does have a use or purpose... I think it's a useful tool for newbies to learn about how scopes work as it pertains to bullet drop and windage.

I agree. Sitting in the deer blind I am able to pull up the reticle on the screen, and allow my kid to visually see where to adjust POA in reference to the reticle. Especially useful on a BDC reticle on a simple hunting setup. In this case the reticle picture is worth at least a few dozen words...and saves on frustration both ways. :)

If you have one scope to deal with then the reticle feature is not needed but if you have 30 scopes of many different types then it is very interesting. I like to hold off for both elevation and windage when I am firing only one shot at a target.

With the new update, you can setup rifle cant up to 90°!! Now those wierd peephole shots can have data!

this still doesn’t work for me. Anyone have the solution to enable it? Latest iOS and StrelokPro.

Hold the calculate button.

I can only get the tilt 0 or 90 degrees

OK... found it. Yeah... it lays the rifle over 90 degrees left or right. Not sure what the purpose of that is.

I did notice the wind hold seems backwards to me in where it places the target for a 90 degree wind. I am probably wrong but i expect 90 to translate wind coming from 90 right to left

New Strelok Pro user here. Can someone explain what the 89 number indicates in the attached picture? The number 89 is located just left of the crosshair intersection? Thanks

I figured out most of this software program. But anyone know if Igor has prepared a user manual for Strelok Pro? Or anyone aware of a good user manual?
Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190809-145928_Strelok Pro.jpg
    Screenshot_20190809-145928_Strelok Pro.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
So, the 89 is the near zero yardage and the 103 is the far zero yardage. The near zero yardage can be turned off under Reticle-> Settings icon.
The near and far zero yardage may make more sense to you if the gun zero is set at 100 yards. Then you will see 100 as the far zero yardage and something around 70 yards as your near zero yardage. The bullet path exists the muzzle below the line of sight but is headed up. It crosses the line of sight at around 70 yards and then arcs back down to strike dead center at 100 yards.
I would turn off near zero.

Thanks! After sleeping on it, I'd more or less reached that conclusion. Thanks again for providing that confirmation.

I will be switching off the near zero yardage. Might be useful for pellet rifles. Or 22LR. But unnecessary for my use of the App.