• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Another Picture Thread - All Other Semi-Autos

Currently my plan is to top her w ADRecon sw 20 moa to hold PA Platinum 6x30 56mm. Perhaps stand her on a over the apex bipod but haven't decided which one. Then I want to ceracoat her, purplesage/tungston/tan or something simular, not a fan of black lol
My little work in progress.

Currently my plan is to top her w ADRecon sw 20 moa to hold PA Platinum 6x30 56mm. Perhaps stand her on a over the apex bipod but haven't decided which one. Then I want to ceracoat her, purplesage/tungston/tan or something simular, not a fan of black lol

That's one serious weapon! Keep us posted on your progress. Really want to know how you like the platinum scope.
Mike

The SIG 553 R P, the "Czar of AK's", in 7.62x39:

View attachment 6882042View attachment 6882043

Yes, it's a "pistol". 100 total imported into the U.S.
DAMN! Beautiful! Whats your opinion on the SIG/SG 550-series rifles and carbines? And how does the new(-ish) SIG 556 compare to the original 550-series? I remember reading an anecdote from the owner of Battlefield Vegas that his armorer took like 1.5 hours to put a disassembled 552's lower back together and that it was "Swiss watch complex". Considering the accuracy of their previous K31 service rifles, did they require the same/similar level of precision/quality in their gas guns?

Thank you for the kind words.

While I've not yet fired the pistol shown, the other four Swiss-made 550-series weapons I've owned are in a class by themselves, IMO. Amazingly accurate, reliable, and quite overbuilt. My results with the the two U.S.-made 556 versions I've owned has been less successful.

I've never taken apart a Swiss watch, nor would I even try, but I can change out parts in the Swiss 550-series fire control group without too much trouble. So, my guess is the firearms are much more straightforward.

On the subject of Swiss K31's, they too are in a class by themselves. That's why they win so much in the vintage matches at Camp Perry.

Last edited:
LR-708. Falkor billet set, fully ambi, 20" X-caliber 1/9", Geissele SSA-E, SLR rail and adjustable gas block. Hammers with 140 accubonds.

Attachments

• IMG_3163.JPG
    IMG_3163.JPG
    383.1 KB · Views: 257
Reactions: Longshot231
Thank you for the kind words.

While I've not yet fired the pistol shown, the other four Swiss-made 550-series weapons I've owned are in a class by themselves, IMO. Amazingly accurate, reliable, and quite overbuilt. My results with the the two U.S.-made 556 versions I've owned has been less successful.

I've never taken apart a Swiss watch, nor would I even try, but I can change out parts in the Swiss 550-series fire control group without too much trouble. So, my guess is the firearms are much more straightforward.

On the subject of Swiss K31's, they too are in a class by themselves. That's why they win so much in the vintage matches at Camp Perry.
What kinda accuracy could you expect with match ammo out of them(SG 550's)? Are the barrels free floating?

ZEV AR10 upper/lower
ZEV 16.6" MLok rail
20" Proof CF 6.5CM barrel
SLR adjustable GB
JP FMOS
JP SCS
Magpul UBR G2
Hiperfire 24c
ZEV ambi CH
Precision Armament M4-72
ARC M10 QD-L
Tract Toric 4-20x50
Radian Arms ambi safety
Atlas PSR bipod

[url=https://imgur.com/ls9tBvX][/URL]

Last edited:
Reactions: Longshot231
How's it been to shoot?
Handloads or box ammo?
Accuracy decent?

How's it been to shoot?
Handloads or box ammo?
Accuracy decent?
Well I have to say she functions very well. Shoots very soft. Used only Hornady precession hunter 200grn eld-x. Still in the bbl break in phase.
Life happened, so I was not able to make a scope purchase as yet. The mrs said her home ac unit was more important...wemon!!! Lol
So for time being she and all my others are kinda hanging out waiting for me to recover financially. But every once in a while I go out and put a few rnds thru her. Shoot one clean one stage went pretty well....considering the mundane nature of the process.
Oh btw the muzzle break works phenomenally...just for God sakes wear ear protective gear. It's very loud. My son made that mistake...and really regretted it.
How's it been to shoot?
Handloads or box ammo?
Accuracy decent?

Well I have to say she functions very well. Shoots very soft. Used only Hornady precession hunter 200grn eld-x. Still in the bbl break in phase.
Life happened, so I was not able to make a scope purchase as yet. The mrs said her home ac unit was more important...wemon!!! Lol
So for time being she and all my others are kinda hanging out waiting for me to recover financially. But every once in a while I go out and put a few rnds thru her. Shoot one clean one stage went pretty well....considering the mundane nature of the process.
Oh btw the muzzle break works phenomenally...just for God sakes wear ear protective gear. It's very loud. My son made that mistake...and really regretted it.
Tbh I'm only home 2 days a month currently so it's taking a while lol.

FNG here, first post & first AR build.

aero_precision Defected Tungsten M5E1 / AP Radian Raptor
magpul MOE grip / PRS GEN3 stock
Proof_research 20" CAMGAS 6.5 Creedmoor
superlativearms Adjustable gas block
jprifles Polished JP Low Mass Bolt Carrier & JP High Pressure EnhancedBolt / JP GEN 2 Silent Captured Spring
geissele Hi-Speed National Match
area419official Hell Fire brake

Geiselle
Super Precision Mount

Nightforce ATACR 5-25x56 are on the way. Looking forward to getting this build dialed in and start reloading.
IMG_7407.jpg
IMG_7411.jpg
IMG_7404.jpg

My ghost gun. ?
80% lower cut on a CNC mill with a program I wrote.
6.5 Creedmore AR-10.
24" bull barrel. (I don't remember the brand but the guy at the gun store says it's the one God uses.)
Vortex scope.

Second pic is the last 5 shots during barrel break in at 50 yards.
Group is .35".

I'm new to long range.
This is the best rifle I've ever had and the best group I've ever shot.

This is gonna be a hoot! ?

Attachments

• IMG_20180816_174943.jpg
    IMG_20180816_174943.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_20180814_190532.jpg
    IMG_20180814_190532.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 235
Reactions: Neck Tension
What's with all the AR's? OP said "other". SR25's, AR10's and off caliber 15's are all STILL AR's. Anyway...

The biggest. Technically it's sold as a semi auto rifle... Recce rifle for size comparison (there's bound to be an AR somewhere, yeah?).
IMG_0881.JPG

The smallest, an integrally suppressed Kidd 10.22. NO Ruger parts. (Technically I have one shorter still, an SBR'd 10.22 but it's a stock POS).
IMG_0837.JPG

Cerakoted custom FAL built on SA58/STG58. New Steyr barrel. Jard adj. 2 stage trigger (almost like a Geissele!). 7.62 Elcan optic. SDN6 can.
IMG_0933.JPG

That's pretty much it for non-AR's.