• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Another Picture Thread - All Other Semi-Autos

Armalite AR-10

Attachments

• D8D990CC-1748-4AE6-A7FC-A79C741C9066.jpeg
    D8D990CC-1748-4AE6-A7FC-A79C741C9066.jpeg
    534.3 KB · Views: 216
  • 9E1B6F01-3B25-44C8-A344-A0B7E2D60CF1.jpeg
    9E1B6F01-3B25-44C8-A344-A0B7E2D60CF1.jpeg
    609.4 KB · Views: 188
  • 21FF841E-0B23-485D-9618-FF8200E6F46C.jpeg
    21FF841E-0B23-485D-9618-FF8200E6F46C.jpeg
    584.8 KB · Views: 179
  • 1155FFC8-6BCC-4B95-AD3D-57CA0581543B.jpeg
    1155FFC8-6BCC-4B95-AD3D-57CA0581543B.jpeg
    408.2 KB · Views: 206
  • 0DC24EE8-94B7-47C5-8BEC-CF3426B6C44F.jpeg
    0DC24EE8-94B7-47C5-8BEC-CF3426B6C44F.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 225
Reactions: 4Falcon4
"Those H&Ks are nice - but the AK derivative is strange. The partial gas tube is particularly unusual in my eyes. "

That PSL (7.62x54r) was built for two purposes. One was to test out some theories about improvements to accuracy that were posted in a thread on a builders forum. The obvious changes are the gas tube being free floated on the barrel with no connection back to the receiver, A cantilever scope mount which is only attached to the barrel and the bipod mount attached to the scope mount. The stock and bipod fork (silver parts) are aluminum but the scope mount and gas system parts are stainless steel.
The second part of the test (which I never got around to) was to convert the existing modular parts to function with a short stroke gas system.

The top rifle with the wood stock is my version of the original PSG1 prototype. I fabricated/machined all the parts on the rifle in my shop, including chamber fluting the McGowen barrel blank. The 25" barrel is entirely free floated.

The painted rifle was one of my first builds that I've just done a barrel swap on. The stock is in 3 sections adjustable via acme screws and the forearm is aluminum. The pic is recent and shows a new free floated 20" Douglas barrel. The FCG housing is modified to accept an AR grip.

I have almost always been a bolt gun person. Recently I really took a liking to FAL's. Below is an Israeli heavy barrel I bought from a pawn shop. When I got it the wood was really beat up and the gas system was rusted solid. I had to pound the gas piston out of the tube, fortunately those parts are cheap. I got the wood set from Flypaper on the FAL Files and just got it finished and assembled this evening. The scope is a Hensoldt ZF-24 with a chevron reticule instead of the post and crosshair, that is also a polarized lens cap on the front.

I have 3 more FAL projects in the works, a Paratrooper, a fixed stock carbine and another Israeli heavy barrel. All will have different variations of wood from Flypaper and different optics.

israelifal (2).jpg

IMG_0040 (2).JPG

I'll play.

IMAG0704.jpg

The M1 was my first rifle. My dad gave it to me and I cherish it. It has a Criterion standard barrel and has been rebuilt by the CMP.

The SAI M1a is a Glen Nelson built rear lugged Supermatch with a Douglas air gauged barrel and all USGI parts. It was my High Power match rifle. It'll get a scope eventually, I don't shoot High Power anymore since they changed the rules concerning optics. I may shoot some of the local PRS style matches with it too just for fun.

The scout rifle on the far right is a Fulton Armory cast receiver frankenbuild. A very fun, reliable rifle and accuracy is good enough. Parts are a bit of everything from USGI to Norinco to LRB and SAI.

Last edited:
BCM 14.5 Franklinbuild

Attachments

• BC5CA771-1404-4ED0-AA89-C426CDBF8608.jpeg
    BC5CA771-1404-4ED0-AA89-C426CDBF8608.jpeg
    334 KB · Views: 161
Nice rifle HC!

What is the serial number of your lower?

The Model af's were derived from taking a Model A and placing a clamshell on the non bipod cut barrel so that a bipod could be used. The also replaced the 3-slot wooden HG with a set of metal HG's which were cut for the bipod. The earliest version of the metal HG's did not have the U shape at nose around gas vent hole. Essentially, the Model af converted the Model A to a Model B rifle for use in defensive trench positions found on German border.

TM6

Nice rifle HC!

What is the serial number of your lower?

The Model af's were derived from taking a Model A and placing a clamshell on the non bipod cut barrel so that a bipod could be used. The also replaced the 3-slot wooden HG with a set of metal HG's which were cut for the bipod. The earliest version of the metal HG's did not have the U shape at nose around gas vent hole. Essentially, the Model af converted the Model A to a Model B rifle for use in defensive trench positions found on German border.

TM6

Sorry, I thought that one was an Af, but after pulling the record up I have it listed as a Model B Serial number 4149.

No sweat, still a sweet rifle and relatively rare as only 4k Model Bs produced.

Did you refinish the wood?

TM6

Sorry, I thought that one was an Af, but after pulling the record up I have it listed as a Model B Serial number 4149.

And now for something completely different. Well.....mostly. It's a predecessor to the FAL.
An FN49, Venezuelan issue 7X57. I even have the factory scope mount and original manual.

s211Ei9.jpg

Photos man, we need photos!

TM6

Can I play? Its NOT the HK G28 that I wanted but something I can afford that I cobbled together, in homage to it

THIS is mine. The only real HK parts are the grip (from HK Parts so not really HK) and an actual HK flash hider.
G28a1.jpg

A REAL G28....(The last almost perfect clone I saw was going for $10K in GunBroker)
G28 2.png

Can I play? Its NOT the HK G28 that I wanted but something I can afford that I cobbled together, in homage to it

THIS is mine. The only real HK parts are the grip (from HK Parts so not really HK) and an actual HK flash hider.
View attachment 7048395

A REAL G28....(The last almost perfect clone I saw was going for $10K in GunBroker)
View attachment 7048398

Here's a real one. Playing with the Bundeswehr-issued rifle in Afghanistan. Wish we had these here in the States.

G28 by Chris Hoesel, on Flickr

What's with all the AR's above?

FAL. 2 stage trigger, new Steyr bbl., Elcan 4x and SDN6 can.

M2HB w/PVS30. It wears an ACOG 6x48 now and has the ammo carrier, Mk123 tripod, Surefire mount and Mk93 mount painted camo. Still need a custom rail made to accommodate both the Acog and PVS30. Recce rifle in front for size comparison. This thing still makes me giggle like a kid:

The quiet one, a Kidd 10/22 single stage (NO Ruger parts used) with a Pinnacle 2 integrally suppressed bbl. and 1-4x Viper PST in USO rings. Stock is a Titan. (THIS is how 10/22's SHOULD be built!) Super accurate for only 4" of bbl. left in a Green Mtn. NM blank, virtually no noise. SUPER fun to shoot!:

That's it for non AR semi's! Kinda sad. But the few I do have are really special, so there's that. The biggest one and the smallest one are the two most fun to shoot, period, out of all my shit.

Couple of semis, non-AR types, that I've had most of experience with. The second one is so cool in it's old-school form. Yeah, a tad heavy, especially shooting it off-hand, standing, at distant targets after some exercises that really made the pulse running... Or the both of these when having to actually carry them for some distance..

And one of those of mine that couldn't be exactly called a precision rifle.. but that didn't stop me! It was as reliable as a nail and hit hard as a half a brick in a sock would..

Last edited:
My Arsenal SLR-106FR. (5.56)

Bulgarian triangle folder, ALG trigger, RS Regulate Rail (finally found one at Kalash Bash 2k19), Magpul rubberized grip and mlok AFG, Vickers limited edition AK sling and of course, the absurdly expensive Circle 10 magazines. Likely an Ultimak rail in the future.

While I adore this rifle, I’m considering adding a KNS piston in the future to make it shoot a bit flatter. It’s one snappy gal.

5275D84D-88BD-4CBB-81C6-CE79549B45F6.jpeg

My Arsenal SLR-106FR. (5.56)

Bulgarian triangle folder, ALG trigger, RS Regulate Rail (finally found one at Kalash Bash 2k19), Magpul rubberized grip and mlok AFG, Vickers limited edition AK sling and of course, the absurdly expensive Circle 10 magazines. Likely an Ultimak rail in the future.

While I adore this rifle, I’m considering adding a KNS piston in the future to make it shoot a bit flatter. It’s one snappy gal.

View attachment 7083712
Thats an awesome AK, the handguard is the kitties titties.

Reactions: Jay Ell Gee
Correct. JDI is importing these in limited numbers. Just takes a long time.

I am planning to do a future run of 922r-complaint SG 550 rifles based off of the JDI conversion kits. I'm accumulating the U.S.-made components now and have begun ordering the conversion kits.

No, I have no experience with the SG 751. As attractive as they are, I see no way to make one into a 922r compliant rifle.

Correct. JDI is importing these in limited numbers. Just takes a long time.

I am planning to do a future run of 922r-complaint SG 550 rifles based off of the JDI conversion kits. I'm accumulating the U.S.-made components now and have begun ordering the conversion kits.

No, I have no experience with the SG 751. As attractive as they are, I see no way to make one into a 922r compliant rifle.
Sweet. Guessing you like those rifles quite a bit then?