• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Another Picture Thread - All Other Semi-Autos

roller lock guns are fun to shoot

hk_clones.jpg

Get em while its hot gentlemen, rebate deal ends Aug 31
Yes theyre Century-imported but actually are built by MKE, an HK licensed manufacturer. On old HK machines. They're legit, and its pretty cut and dry - the MP5 is still the best SMG on the planet, next to maybe the SIG MPX and B&T APC's..

AP5 is compatible with all HK kit also, including F/A trigger packs.

Reactions: LOS
Damn. What does one have to do to convert an MP5 clone to full auto?
Get a HK full auto trigger pack. Or make one yourself on the down low(🖕 the ATF!).
Expensive.. but the nice thing is you can throw it on any roller delayed HK.
Have you a f/a MP5 and grab a HK23 to go along with it and can use the trigger pack on both..
Michaels Machine has parts kits for em IIRC, the MM23 and MM21..
I’ve heard the HK21’s recoil is a bit vicious, but the 5.56 HK23 is LEGIT

I kinda meant, what is the legal nfa process
Class 3 permit(allows you to own any f/a that was made pre-1986.

Or.. a buddy with a class 3 FFL and get a dealer sample(can own any machine gun with this one).

Or.. 🖕 the ATF and find someone who has/grab a 3D printer and a little at-home lathe+mill and hook all your buddies up with cheap trigger packs, f/a Glock selectors, etc as God and JM Browning intended. /sarc(somewhat..) 😍

@MSTN would know the licensing stuff better than I.. this stuffs just off the top of my head.

Last edited:
Reactions: reubenski
How’s it shoot w/ match ammo?
Also, does it run well with the cans?

And which model SIG red dot is that?
I’ve put an atlas bipod up front and got consistent hits on an 8 inch plate at 300 yards, have never tried for groupings though because I know they aren’t phenomenally accurate. I have the most fun shooting it fast with an obnoxious brake. If you can handle the gas it’s a blast to shoot suppressed, thinking of getting the OSS/HUXWRX flow-through can for her to help with the gas. That is the Romeo5 / Juliet3 magnifier

Reactions: Forgetful Coyote
I’ve put an atlas bipod up front and got consistent hits on an 8 inch plate at 300 yards, have never tried for groupings though because I know they aren’t phenomenally accurate. I have the most fun shooting it fast with an obnoxious brake. If you can handle the gas it’s a blast to shoot suppressed, thinking of getting the OSS/HUXWRX flow-through can for her to help with the gas. That is the Romeo5 / Juliet3 magnifier
Wanting to pick up a Juliet 3 to go with the red dot on my Haenel.. phenomenal rifle btw, Haenel CR223(beat the HK416 in Germany’s own service rifle trials/designed by same guy who designed the 416).

How’s the recoil on the Tavor?

Attachments

• 9A241942-7F78-41AA-9DF4-37CCB04CA521.jpeg
    9A241942-7F78-41AA-9DF4-37CCB04CA521.jpeg
    354.5 KB · Views: 94
  • 4D30F139-855A-4347-ADC2-3509868DDE96.jpeg
    4D30F139-855A-4347-ADC2-3509868DDE96.jpeg
    509.7 KB · Views: 98
Reactions: Longshot231
That’s a beauty, love the color scheme. I typically run the tavor with the triple port brake made by POF. There is no muzzle rise, recoil is just a gentle push.

Attachments

• 2100B592-938B-4EEA-BF90-018590D14AC9.jpeg
    2100B592-938B-4EEA-BF90-018590D14AC9.jpeg
    368.4 KB · Views: 75
Reactions: Longshot231
IMG_6766 2.jpg

IMG_6771 2.jpg

Get em while its hot gentlemen, rebate deal ends Aug 31
Yes theyre Century-imported but actually are built by MKE, an HK licensed manufacturer. On old HK machines. They're legit, and its pretty cut and dry - the MP5 is still the best SMG on the planet, next to maybe the SIG MPX and B&T APC's..

AP5 is compatible with all HK kit also, including F/A trigger packs.
AP5 core ( no brace/ optic mount- only one mag ) just $1099 at Atlantic+ $239 for the SB hkPDW and $90 for another couple of mags=MP5 2 pin clone for Scorpion money....

Does the AP5 have a fluted chamber? Is brass reloadable after shooting it in this gun?
per their site:
Barrel Twist. 1:9.8 inches. Barrel Lands/Grooves. 6. Barrel. Cold hammer forged 32 chrome molybdenum vanadium. Fluted Chambers.

I'm not a reloader, haven't checked the brass.

New SG553P from JDI. One of 15 recently imported. Here's why I think this is the ultimate 553: Diopter sights. Steel lower. Gray/green color scheme. 1x7 twist barrel. Welded Pic rail. Flawless coating and lettering. Classic Rotex flash hider. I would have preferred a 1/2-28 threaded muzzle, but you just can't have everything.

IMG_2496.jpg
IMG_2497.jpg

Last edited:
@MSTN
SG550 vs A2
SG550 is one helluva rifle

Hmmm, I like the vids by Henry and Co. well thought out. But I have a statement followed up and a question. We all like brand new shiny gear so how much of that was just lust at first impression, now the question what was the round count on the AR again, too keep it apples too apples couldn’t/shouldn’t it have been a little less long in the tooth?

JMHO…..

Last edited:
Hmmm, I like the vids by Henry and Co. well thought out. But I have a statement followed up and a question. We all like bride shiny new gear so how much of that was lust at first impression, now the question what was the round count on the AR again, too keep it apples too apples couldn’t/shouldn’t it have been a little less long in the tooth?

JMHO…..
I like the 9HR vids but they are not scientific by any means. Half the guns are using surplus ammo, some factory match ammo, some handloads. Some guns are shot in near tornadoes while the next gun is in perfect weather. Great entertainment, not something to take too seriously.

Pure nolstalga here as I built this back in 2010-2011 and during covid I decided to tear it down and rebuild it into a 6.5 PRC. I may still re-build an upper in 300 SAUM since it was so fun to shot. If I had to do it over (and I might) I'd do an 18" 300 SAUM and run something like 185 Juggernaut OTMs
It's quite a bit more sleek now days, with a smoother, lighter 18" hand guard and smaller optics

Armalite 300 SAUM
24" sending 190 VLDs around 2900 fps.
Took it out to a mile a few times, and took my 2012 antelope at 931yds on vid (old shitty video)
300SAUM.jpg

Seekins SP10 almost completely rebuilt.

Proof 20" 6.5 Creedmoor steel barrel.
JP LMOS BCG and SCS buffer system.
AR gold AR10 trigger.
Razor 6-36 in spuhr mount with Holosun up top.
A419 sidewinder (bought it back before the 4 port hellfire came out)

Attachments

• IMG_20221009_143028725_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221009_143028725_HDR.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 83
Seekins SP10 almost completely rebuilt.

Proof 20" 6.5 Creedmoor steel barrel.
JP LMOS BCG and SCS buffer system.
AR gold AR10 trigger.
Razor 6-36 in spuhr mount with Holosun up top.
A419 sidewinder (bought it back before the 4 port hellfire came out)
Plans for a can?

My "Sugar Badger" build.

Honey Badger barrel assembly
Honey Badger Hand guard
Honey Badger Shorty Stock
Radian Raptor clear ano charge handle
All upper and lower parts are off getting "Tungsten" Cerakote
Stripped upper/lower are an SBR Registered PA set. (H-157 BRIGHT NICKEL for those interested.)
Probably going to buy "Literally the Best Trigger Ever Made" at some point.

20221101_213505.jpg

Last edited:
Another 6 LB 15 OZ .308 with next to nothing recoil:

As I learn more about the AR platform, I'm reasoning that this comes down to the balance between weight reduction of the rifle and tuning of the operating system.

So, I'm thinking a lightweight barrel is most of the weight savings, and would increase felt recoil, while a long(er) gas system, lighter BCG, heavier buffer/spring will decrease it. I suppose gas port size and the muzzle break are also factors. Am I missing anything?

On this particular build, did you already have a tried and true formula, or did you have to figure this one out from scratch?

Last edited:
A week ago I would've said the same thing. A Proof CF 16" 308 is 2lbs. A Wilson "Ranger" contour weighs the same. A Rainier weighs 8oz more. And there are variations in between. But that doesn't make a 9lb gun into a 6lb gun. Go to VSeven's website are check out their 22oz receiver set, titanium BCGs, magnesium foreends, and titanium lower parts and gas blocks. But these are $4K AR10's.

If you've followed MSTNs builds you'll see he's been up to these types of builds for a hot minute.
I definitely enjoy seeing his builds. Been thinking about paying his shop a visit if he has a storefront.

I actually meant for my post to be more of a question. After re-reading it, sounds like I'm trying to tell him what's what... I think I'll edit it.

I was just over at V7 looking for small parts to build out a lower.

I started really digging into the weeds on the AR platform summer of last year and am continually surprised at how much there is to learn and know about just ONE rifle platform.

I now have all these "head builds" floating around while I try to stomach the cost of accessories for just one rifle (financially, you can have 2-4 rifles, or 1 that's all "finished" :ROFLMAO: ). Project I'm doing now is "what I would have done if I'd known back then."

My goal isn't to build the lightest .308 gas guns. It's to build the lightest that will shoot MOA or better through a combat load out. Added bonuses are long term reliability, low felt recoil, and stunning good looks.

The biggest potential weight savings building an accurate but lightweight is in the Proof CF barrel. While you can make a stainless barrel as light as the Proof CF, the SS won't behave properly in terms of precision when it gets even a little hot. Forget about hanging a can off of a skinny SS barrel, too.

Where else to save weight next? Why not everywhere?!?

Bolt carrier group - A .308 actually works optimally with a low mass carrier, IMO. But not a 6.5CM!
Receiver set - V Seven makes some top shelf lightweight stuff.
Forend - Ditto above. And looks right.
Muzzle device - Ditto above, again. The V Seven Fusion titanium brake is quite effective and weighs next to nothing.
Small parts - Did I mention V Seven?!?
Furniture - There's a surprisingly large delta in weights here. And some really good lightweight choices.
Scope - Same as above. Kahles scopes are my choice here.
Scope mount - Not the smartest place to save weight. A Spuhr 9 ounce scope mount is strong enough to stiffen an upper receiver. That's my choice. But a 5 ounce Scalarworks LEAP mount can be very tempting.
Suppressor - When suppressing a gas gun, I've gone full on to CGS. Extremely lightweight and effective suppressors that require no muzzle device.

IMG_2715.jpeg

16" 308 barrels

Proof CF - 2lbs 3oz
Proof Steel - 2lbs 8oz
Rainier Ultra Match fluted - 2 lbs 10oz
Rainier Match - 2lbs 8oz
Rainier Select - 2lbs 5oz
Criterion Hybrid - 2lbs 5oz
Wilson Recon - 2lbs 0oz
Wilson Ranger - 2lbs 3oz
VSeven 16" w/ titanium gas block - 2lbs

A Proof Carbon is about 0 to 7 ounces lighter than the barrels I was looking to use. I would argue the biggest weight savings is in the optic and furniture. But all those things being equal, speaking strictly of the build itself, it really seems like if you want to shave real weight off it has to come from the receiver, handguard, and BCG. And maybe an aggregate of all the small parts if you can afford to go titanium.

ETA:
To compare 15" hanguards:

VSeven 15" magnesium handguard weighs 7oz
Wilson 14.6" handguard weighs 12.8oz
SLR Ion Lite 15" weighs 12.7oz

A VSeven magnesium handguard is half the weight of a conventional handguard and easily makes up for even the heaviest of barrels listed above.
I wonder if V Seven is using some special sauce in their handguards? I remember when BCM was using magnesium they had the lightest rails around, but they bent easily, and they switched to aluminum, calling it the KMR-A (they still make a big deal of the "alpha" on their product page, too).

This is our version of a Ar15, just a little different. We made the upper the serialized receiver as it houses the buffer tube now. This is a heavier platform designed for precision. The rifle below is still a work in progress. This uses all AR parts internally, including the barrel, bolt/carrier, recoil system(carbine length) trigger group and mag. Early testing shows its a very solid platform and can handle bull barrels with ease.

Rhineland R2000 rifle
r2000 production.jpg
right side.jpg

Last edited:
This is our version of a Ar15, just a little different. We made the upper the serialized receiver as it houses the buffer tube now. This is a heavier platform designed for precision. The rifle below is still a work in progress. This uses all AR parts internally, including the barrel, bolt/carrier, recoil system(carbine length) trigger group and mag. Early testing shows its a very solid platform and can handle bull barrels with ease.

Rhineland R2000 rifle
View attachment 8004525
Who makes that bipod? Thanks