• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any locksmiths in the house?

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 6, 2011
    MA
    Tried the YouTube video search methods, paper clip, mail file etc.

Guess I bought the one cabinet lock with good security.

Need to get into this.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Pins are on the right.

Heads of the pins are square.

Unsure if it turns clockwise or counter clockwise. If a hook counter clockwise. If just a bar clockwise.

Next step is a big screw driver and force.

Searched on line for On-Q cabinet locks.

Found this picture.

D620B5AC-5B7B-4E0C-9C01-13200332E482.png

I thought these keys on my gun bench were for the cabinet and I think I am right.

image.jpg

Mother fuckery won’t fit in the hole.

It’s like one of the pins is popped out of place and cock blocking it.

I'm way late to the party, but making yourself a few picks is actually quite easy and fast, and it is times such as these where learning and finesse advance.

BFI (Brute Force and Ignorance) works too, don't get me wrong. But there may come a time where you HAVE to get in to something, and you don't want to destroy it. A bro of mine lost his safe keys. He brought the whole safe to me here in my house, for me to work on. (Yes, I knew it was his as I'd seen it at his house numerous times previously - identifying stickers and all that)

After opening, I put in a new set of locks. He went and had a spare set of keys made, and gave them to me. "For next time" , he said.

Last edited:
    Make some picks
    Streetsweaper bristles work great- Amazon does too
    Those locks are pretty easy to pick with the right tools- 15sec max

Reactions: Nik H
    Make some picks
    Streetsweaper bristles work great- Amazon does too
    Those locks are pretty easy to pick with the right tools- 15sec max

Electricians fish tape would have been used in a pinch.

I had the keys on further invest.

I think the lock was fucked up.

Now it is fucked up.

Fire up the plasma cutter on 40amps dead center....make a few small circles.....knock out with appropriate sized punch.

Fire up the plasma cutter on 40amps dead center....make a few small circles.....knock out with appropriate sized punch.
    My work injection molds all the plastic for these….I had been looking for an excuse to own one because they seem to be built like tanks…..I missed my chance.

1678657790470.jpeg

I keep a set of these around. They come in handy when the wife or kids can't figure out what they did with the keys.

Wafer lock like that, you should be able to open it easily with improvised "picking' tools. There's pretty much no lock easier to open.
    Go watch some more videos. lol

If your tried it "pick" it, that's the problem (assuming you were trying to turn it the right direction). You're better off rocking it, just random wiggle waggle on that sucker.

^(paid to pretend to be a locksmith)

Oh hell, I can post me own video that I did a week or so ago. I'm using a "rake", but I'm not raking, I'm rocking.

Last edited:
    Electricians fish tape would have been used in a pinch.

I had the keys on further invest.

I think the lock was fucked up.

Now it is fucked up.
    Just buy some cheap picks online they are a couple bucks each, why waste time trying to figure out the proper spacing.

I think the lock was broke.

Those keys I had were the right ones.

One of the pins must have broke out of its position or something.

Reactions: akmike47
    Well strictly speaking, that lock shouldn't have pins. It has wafers. And I have to say, I've drilled oodles of locks, but I've never drilled a wafer lock because there's never any reason to, they're just so easy to open.

You can just kill it with a big drill bit and the center plug should fall out.

2h.JPG

Last edited:

I keep a set of these around. They come in handy when the wife or kids can't figure out what they did with the keys.
    That is Lockpicking Lawyers company. I have the covert companion and the sparrows disc pick that he and Bosnian bill designed.

For the longest time I could never understand why people called tensioners "wiper inserts".(thinking they're inserting them in the lock, sure. But calling tensioning "wiping?")

Walking through the parking lot at work, where they're all over the ground for some strange reason which I've never understood, I picked one up one day and thought "I could make a tensioner out of this." Doh! Idiot. lmao