• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up any oklahoma shooters?

Re: any oklahoma shooters?

Sapulpa Oklahoma here. I don't have any private land to offer. When it cools off I am going to scout some public use land with maybe a electric line clearing to set something up on.

Not the bump the thread too much but I am new to the forum and doing some work over in Watonga. Is the range over by Weatherford the closest public range?

*edit* Whoa momma, didn't realize I have been registered for so long without ever posting.

Looking for 1,000 to 1,500 somewhat near Mustang/OKC.. Anyone own some land?

Moving to OKC for an excellent job opportunity. Let's go shooting. I'm hear now looking for a home 250-300k has to have a shop and great elementary education close by. Thanks for the help.

Not sure if you found a home, but sounds like you'd be wanting Piedmont, Blanchard, New Castle, Mustang, Yukon, or Moore maybe.

Best schools are Deer Creek (Edmond) Moore, Mustang supposedly.

Have friends in Each of those cities and they fill me in on their likes and dislikes.....

Also, you may lose your mind trying to get around Edmond. Very poorly layed out road structure and TOO many people rammed in there. Add rain or wx and forget it. it takes 40 mins to go 5 miles.

Anyone in OKC area that's a Glock Armorer and/or gunsmith.

Buddies G23 has a terrible trigger, and would like to change sites. I believe Ol Yeller is rec'd for such work, but looking around he seems to be hit or miss for getting things done timely as he works/gunsmiths.....

Any Thoughts or Recs would be great. I'll pass it along.

I would point you towards Ol Yeller, he did some stuff to my glock and it only took a week.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wolf22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Best schools are Deer Creek (Edmond) Moore, Mustang supposedly.

Also, you may lose your mind trying to get around Edmond. Very poorly layed out road structure and TOO many people rammed in there. Add rain or wx and forget it. it takes 40 mins to go 5 miles.
</div></div>

Mustang schools has some of the best ratings for schools, at least the elementary schools do compared to Edmond schools. Mustang is also working a new bad ass high school facility.

Like Wolf22 said, the trafffic in Edmond is so bad these days we decide to move away. These two reasons made the move to Mustang so much easier.

Not sure if you are still home shopping or not, but check out Yukon schools. Forget Mustang, I won't say why on this thread, but forget it. Yukon and Piedmont area have some nice acreages for sale right now. By the way, I live in the Okc/Yukon area.

Hey everyone.
Im a newbie to the forum. Have been shooting since i could carry a rifle. Im an ex-cop and looking to learn more about long range shooting. Live down by chickasha if there is anyone who wouldn't mind showing me the ropes a little.
Matt

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gruffskin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OKC, looking for a place to take my .260 out to 300+. Any help from the hide??
</div></div>
Whwer in OK do you live?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gruffskin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Moore </div></div>

It is a bit of a drive for you but if you want to make the drive to Tulsa I can take you to Red Castle where we can shoot out to 600 yards on paper and 640 yards on steel.
PM me if you are interested.

I actually have a buddy that works out there and as soon as I can get some time I am headed out.

Gruff

Shot at Banner Road two weeks ago. 100 yards is ok with the .22 but need 500 or better. Sounds like Tulsa is the better place. PM me and I'll meet anyone in Tulsa for a weekend shoot. I'm from Wyoming. OK. is a different animal when it comes to finding a good place to shoot.

Norman, ok here.

I'm new to the hide and have been a hunter all my life but recently got interested in LR shooting. I came across a deal too good to pass up on an FN SPR in 308 so I jumped on it. I have only got to go out with it one time and put 40 rounds down the tube. It was great! Last 10 shots of the day was at 418 yards and 8 of 10 rang the 4" gong and I'm hooked.

I have been reloading for my pistols for 2 years now but purchased dies, bullets, powder, and case prep equipment for 308(target)and 25-06(hunting)to get started working up loads to get the most out of my rifles. I will start loading after I get a good amount of once fired brass for my 308.

Elk City here. Been shooting for a while. Not to make you easterners jealous but I have a 850 yard private range and have shot at a 1000 yard 15 miles from here. Hey, not much else to do with flat land and few trees.

Last edited:
Bump for scariness when trying to shoot at the local OKC ranges…………..guy needs to find land around those parts, link up with competent folks with land, or shoot from the TIV.

I'm moving to the Yukon/Mustang area mid May (up from the DFW area) and am just getting started in rifle/long range shooting. Went to Banner Road a few weeks ago just to get a few rounds through a new rifle and my AR.

Tulsa area here. Would love to find a place around 500 meters or more to ding some steel. Red castle membership is closed with no waiting list spots and no range I know of will allow anything but paper... Shooting .223 so wouldn't probably be going much past 500M.
I hit up happy hollow sometimes when I just want to punch some paper at 100 or 200 yds.

Tulsa area here. Would love to find a place around 500 meters or more to ding some steel. Red castle membership is closed with no waiting list spots and no range I know of will allow anything but paper... Shooting .223 so wouldn't probably be going much past 500M.

I hit up happy hollow sometimes when I just want to punch some paper at 100 or 200 yds.

I hear ya on Red Castle. US Shooting Academy only has a 300yd range.

Hit me up if you'd like to hit the range sometime on the weekend.

Marlow area here. Shooting out to 300 at the SCRAP club. If work will let me I will be making the drive to badlands to stretch the legs out on my 300 and 308. Plan on taking the basic sniper course as soon as I can.

OKC here. Member at OKC gun club. Having a 338 built, know people in the Boise City area that we can really stretch the distance IF can find some elevation to see far enough. Awfully flat around there. I am interested in seeing if we can shoot out on Black Kettle Natl Grasslands out by Cheyenne OK. Anyone every try going there for long stuff? I'm thinking 1500ish out there should be doable if its legal to target shoot out there.

Just built a 1000 yard range up by Beaver, Oklahoma (eastern panhandle) I've been into long range for a while and there's a few guys around here starting to get interested but would love to meet new people to come out and shoot with us! We'll start having shoots out here eventually... My number is 5805271834 would love to hear from shooters in my area!

If anyone is in southern OK and needs a place to shoot sometimes, you're welcome at my place with me as long as you aren't a mall ninja and practice decent firearms safety. It's not public. It's my personal range. It goes out to 1,150 yards.