• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Any Savage Shooters that are interested....

outlaw81

Private
Minuteman
Apr 16, 2011
SE OK
I just got back from shooting a pretty good group with two of my rifles and wanted to pass on the load info if anyone wants it.
The first is for a Savage 10fp .308 win. 24"
44gr. r-15
168gr smk coal 2.809
I managed about 1/4moa at 100. Couldve been better if I didn't rush it.

Next is for a Savage 12 300wsm. 26"
63gr. H4350
190 smk. coal 2.87
same story as above.

Re: Any Savage Shooters that are interested....

If the groups are the ones you posted pics of, they are not about 1/4 MOA they are "about" 1 moa.
Thanks for posting your load data. R15 is a real performer in the 308, very popular.

Oh I understand. The ones I was talking about are the touching holes. If I had done my part they would've been one hole. LOL.

Two weeks ago during an F class event, my 10FP and I shot a 6", 67 round group at 600 yards.

Virgin Lapua brass
45.5gr Varget
175 SMK
CCI BR2
2.785 COAL
2825fps

So it likes a jump? Awesome! Im still trying to find the perfect load for everything. I just put a bell n Carlson on mine. Gonna do some serious shooting tomorrow.

Have you shot any 155grs out of it yet?? I managed some fairly impressive groups while doing some load testing with Varget.

I had one lighter load of 42.0gr that printed under 1/2MOA of a 5-shot group. COAL of 2.815". Mine likes a bit of a jump as well.

DK

In your Savage have you had better luck with R-15 or Varget? I have only ran Varget in my Model 10 308 but have been kicking around the idea of trying some R-15.....

Varget works great for me plus temp doesn't have an effect.
T

Varget and r15 perform very similarly and have a wide range of temperature tolerance. They are considered by many to be the ultimate 308 win powders. But to each his own.