• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone else truly love the Browning SA22 (semiautomatic breakdown)

Rio2019

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2020
Taos, NM
I guess my love affair with the venerable Browning SA22, designed by John Moses Browning, began about the time I was 20-21 years old. A friend I was working with had one for sale, and of course, a fool and his money are soon parted. However, it was certainly not foolish to buy this .22. The year was about 1970, or 1971, and for the some of $150 I was able to buy a Belgium Browning BA22. I don't think I had an errand round the short time a owned the rifle. However, Uncle Sam came calling and was on my way to Basic Training. I decided to sell the Browning, very bad mistake, to bring in a little extra money before my journey to Lackland AFB. What a wonderfully designed and operating firearm, sleek, light weight, well designed, and very, very accurate. So yesterday, I ran across a Miroku made Browning, and while not a Belgium, Miroku makes a very fine rifle. This one was made in the mid 90's and really is 99.0%. Anyone else out there have fond memories of the Browning SA22, either Belgium or Japanese made? I look forward to your comments!

A441435B-E1DD-41D4-B228-ACB1F8CA0BCA.jpeg

27A97715-AA44-4A19-B593-989FDC2618D2.jpeg

I bought a new Japanese one last year. I haven’t shot it much but it’s not 100% reliable. I also have mixed feelings about the cas ejection to the bottom. I mounted a scope (proprietary mount and rings). I haven’t shot it for accuracy, but it seems to shoot in the 3/4” at 50y with mid grade ammo.
I do like the design of the rifle. The trigger is also pretty good.

Reactions: 10ring1