• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Anyone know if this is good? GRSC 1-6

sf88

Private
Minuteman
Aug 18, 2011
Virginia
FFP 1-6, http://shop.nordenperformance.com/1-6x24-FFP-Scope-CRS-16.htm
Can't seem to find much on it anywhere. I've given up on waiting for the S&B 1-8 and I have no desire to buy the Leupy after handling one. I would just go with the Swaro but I don't care for their lack of ranging reticles. Anyone have any experience with one of these? Doesn't appear to be mil based but rather uses the size of a human head to determine distance, which I could live with since it appears to have daytime illum. Any insight would be appreciated! (This is going to go on an 18" 5.56, already decided I don't want to go 2.5-10.)

Re: Anyone know if this is good? GRSC 1-6

I reviewed it on ar15.com. Here is the link (its about half way down the page). low power variable review thread I am quite pleased. It is manufactured by a different company than the 1-4x (hence the large price difference) and has optics fitting the price. Very comparable optically with the Vortex Razor HD and for a very obvious reason. As for the illumination, it is about as bright as a conventionally illuminated (non flash dot) scope gets but I wouldn't really say its daytime bright. Ranging can be accomplished with the human head circles or alternately using the 10" dashes. It is very flexible in that regard. Technically it does have 6 mil dots on either side of the horseshoe as well as .1mil adjustments (which are very good) but that's not really the point of the optic ranging wise and I have never used them. For my part I find I range mostly using the 10" dashes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJimFish</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I reviewed it on ar15.com. Here is the link (its about half way down the page). low power variable review thread I am quite pleased. It is manufactured by a different company than the 1-4x (hence the large price difference) and has optics fitting the price. Very comparable optically with the Vortex Razor HD and for a very obvious reason. As for the illumination, it is about as bright as a conventionally illuminated (non flash dot) scope gets but I wouldn't really say its daytime bright. Ranging can be accomplished with the human head circles or alternately using the 10" dashes. It is very flexible in that regard. Technically it does have 6 mil dots on either side of the horseshoe as well as .1mil adjustments (which are very good) but that's not really the point of the optic ranging wise and I have never used them. For my part I find I range mostly using the 10" dashes. </div></div>

Appreciate the info, how robust would you say the optic felt mechanically? I'm struggling with whether or not I should buy this or a swaro or just wait for the S&B.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Appreciate the info, how robust would you say the optic felt mechanically? I'm struggling with whether or not I should buy this or a swaro or just wait for the S&B.</div></div>

I am totally pleased with the feel of this optic. The clicks are crisp, precise, and the adjustments move with the amount of force I would expect. As to whether you should buy this or a Swarovski or an S&B, that is complex issue that deals heavily with price and reticle preferences. Though I have heard nothing but good things about the Swarovski when it comes to the optical quality it does not come with a reticle that I find satisfactory for ranging. I would love for Swarovski to remedy this but I don't think that they really have a clue in that regard. To me this makes the Swarovski a non-starter. The S&B is another story. It will have a ranging reticle of the mil dot variety (rumor has it they are tweaking the one you have seen in pics of the various prototypes because it was so light.) The S&B will also have a flash dot and a 25yd 1x paralax setting, these are unqualified benefits for short range use. I think with the S&B it will come down to price, your personal preferences for reticle types, and perhaps exit pupil as the preliminary numbers for the S&B's 1x exit pupil are significantly smaller than the GRSC. When I last heard from S&B (yesterday actually) current release date is Jan-Feb 2012. It's hard to say definitively if this will come to pass though given how many delays there have been in this optic. For my part I am betting that a good push will be made with this particular tentative date though since it coincides with Shot show. Given how many prototypes S&B has floating around I also doubt that anything significant stands in the way of release. For my part I speculate that this last delay in release had nothing to do with the 1-8x itself and rather is a result of production capacity being used for the U.S. Army PSR sniper scopes that they recently won a contract for. That is purely my speculation based on the timing of the contract announcement and the last delay.

Incidentally, I will be reviewing the S&B when it is released. It will be head to head with the GRSC 1-6 as well as the Premier 1-8 and the Leupold 1-8. I am very excited about the prospect of lining all these up side by side.

Incidentally, I will be reviewing the S&B when it is released. It will be head to head with the GRSC 1-6 as well as the Premier 1-8 and the Leupold 1-8. I am very excited about the prospect of lining all these up side by side.
^^^^^^^^^^^
Screwed up QUOTE above from BIGJIMFISH

Add the Swaro to that list as well, a head to head match up of the 1-6's and 1-8's