• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Anzio Ironworks

M198gunner

LtCol
Minuteman
Jul 27, 2012
CONUS Southeast
So, I am looking to pick up a single shot 50 that is lighter in weight. I currently have an EDM arms Model 96 that I might unload, bought it and then got shipped overseas so it has never been shot. With how much I move it is just to much to travel with. I came across one of these Anzio's at a gun show and thought they felt nice. Anyone have any time behind one of these. I see on their site I can get a single shot with a SS fluted barrel threaded for around $3,400. I am looking to spend in that range. They claim .49 MOA with the SS barrel and match ammo (of course a good shooter as well).

What are members views on this rifle for quality, function and accuracy? Is it worth the price? With the price of match 50 I figure I will only need to shoot one round at a time and not in rapid succession.

Thanks in advance for any inputs.

I too recently went through the 50 cal research. After it was all said and done the best bang for the buck I could conclude was the armalite AR-50 or the one with the match grade barrel. After I really looked into these anzios and others AND talked to them on the phone.... I was turned off by things here and there. One would say they arent taking any orders, so that was a dead end street, another claims they are the only ones that can barrel their rifles... because I was wondering about getting a krieger 50 cal barrel and put it on one.... but they wouldnt do that... safety wise narrowed some things and features down I didn't like too... If I was you I'd pour my money into the match grade armalite. Thats what I am going to do. Very true about not needing a repeater 50...

Invest your money into the AR50 you will not be disappointed. Order it with the 60moa mount and depending on the scope you put on it you can reach out pretty far. I have gone out to 2200 yrds easily with mine with Amax reloads.

"ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ"

All,

what is the accuracy that can be expected with either the AR50 match barrel or the Ferret50? I will have to research the Ferret, never heard of it.

Dogtown,

Thanks, I have just received an email back from the owner. Very fast response. If my questions are answered he seems like the one I will likely buy from.

If you have an M96 Windrunner, you already have the .50 I would buy. I would have a hard time getting excited about selling it (especially having not shot it) to buy a cheaper rig.

bm11, believe me I am torn. But with how often I move (3 times in a 3 year period) I just have to many guns and the M96 is just to much for my needs. I am slowly consolidating and have been selling off and buying better guns. This 50cal sale will be my first trade down in some sense but up in others. I have been buying up otherwise with my recent addition of a GAP 10 and my Seekins (iRMT-3) rifle that should be done anytime now.

Do you need a .50 at all? I ask because you haven't shot the one you have, and it certainly isn't cheap if you do start shooting. The rifle isn't a huge portion of the expense if you start shooting any volume at all.

The only reason this was not shot is I purchased and then got moved overseas. Before the EDM Arms I had a Barrett Model 99 that I did shoot. I sold it to get a more accurate rifle and thought the magazine fed would be nice. With time to think I realized it would not be needed for what I will do with it. The EDM Arms is great and the reviews are awesome (Why I purchased) it is just more then I need and I could get another accurate 50 for less and use the extra to invest in a nice bolt action in 308 or 300 WM. If you have any info on those that would be appreciated as well. I have been looking at GAP, TacOps, Black Ops, Surgeon and some others in the bolt action world.