• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

AR 15 Stock Recommendation

Shadowstalker

Private
Minuteman
Sep 29, 2010
Tualatin, OR
I have a Rock River AR 24"bbl that is a tack driver with Sierra's 69g HPBT; but it has a Skeleton Stock that gives just a lousy cheek weld. I was looking at their new "Operator" Stocks; but was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions for something along that line?
Thanks for the Help

Re: AR 15 Stock Recommendation

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: S 07</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Magpul PRS </div></div>

I personally think the PRS doesn't work nearly as well as it should. I think an A1 or A2 with an adjustable buttplate that can be extended, raised/dropped and rotated offers more than the PRS. (Accuracy Speaks Buttplate)

If you're looking at the PRS, try and find someone in your area that has one and try it out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Salmonaxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: S 07</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Magpul PRS </div></div>

I personally think the PRS doesn't work nearly as well as it should. I think an A1 or A2 with an adjustable buttplate that can be extended, raised/dropped and rotated offers more than the PRS. (Accuracy Speaks Buttplate)

If you're looking at the PRS, try and find someone in your area that has one and try it out. </div></div>
I couldnt agree more I had a magpul prs on my lar-8 and switched back to a standard a2 . less stuff to full with or lose.

I see you are in Oregon,and not too far from me.
Should you decide to ever come out towards Douglas Ridge Rifle Club,i can let you try a few different AR's .
One with the PRS 1st Gen,one with the ACE rifle length,and a standard A2 all setup on accurate varmint rigs.
RK

Thanks for the info gentlemen; The PRS looks like what I'm looking for. Time to hit the gun show next week

the PRS is an awesome stock for an AR, however it adds alot of weight and when hauling the rifle around it can be a PITA!

I recently replaced my precision AR stock with the magpul ACS

It is a good stock but make sure you get the one to fit your buffer tube (civilian or military)

Need a PRS? I have one left in black and one in FDE that I can get shipped out tomorrow via USPS Priority.