• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Ragin_cajun

Private
Minuteman
Dec 31, 2011
ok heres the thing, ive heard a lot about how a 50bmg will break scopes but i just dont see it. if there is something that i cant see then let me know because i dont want to waste money on a scope that wont hold up. my ar50 has recoil as tame as a kitten, its less than my 308 and the muzzle blast doesnt hit it so im lost. by my understanding my 308 should break a scope faster than the 50 but i may not be seeing everything. does anyone have any real experience with a 50 breaking a scope (not "a buddy of mine had this or that").

Re: ar50

Linky

Not saying yours will flex that much, but this is where it comes from. I think with a bolt gun it would be a lot less. I had an AR-30 in 300 mag that had very little recoil. There muzzle break works great.

The muzzle brake is harder on the scope. The recoil affects the scope before the muzzle brake does anything.

maybe its just me but i think that video just shows a weak scope mount instead of horrible recoil. i think the rear tap screw for the mount should be further back

Mine has yet to break a scope.

That video is bunk. The rail looks like it's not even tightened.

I will agree that the percussion from the action is probably hard on optics though.

Yea either the rail wasn't tightened or was missing a screw on the end. You shouldn't have that much space without a screw