• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

auto progressive press with external powder measure

pby5cat

Private
Minuteman
Jun 17, 2012
Agoura Hills, California
So I have a chargemaster 1500 powder measure that works fine, but my press is a hornady LnL auto progressive. Is there some die I can use that will allow a funnel or something to be placed on the neck so I can dumb the charge in?

I use a caliber specific Satern funnel.

I just drop it in one of the holes in the toolhead. The cone-shape of the funnel allows it to self-center; the case will automatically engage the funnel, then lift it up on the ram upstroke.

I use a caliber specific Satern funnel.

I just drop it in one of the holes in the toolhead. The cone-shape of the funnel allows it to self-center; the case will automatically engage the funnel, then lift it up on the ram upstroke.

That's what I do on my 650 although the funnel is hit by the primer magazine. Had to modify the funnel a little.

If you do this, a real important warning. DO NOT POUR POWDER INTO FUNNEL UNLESS RAM IS FULLY RAISED (Handle down)!!!! If you forget this you will become real accomplished at cleaning your press :)

Let's just say that I became a real expert after the first couple of memory lapses.

I'm working toward this, except with a 650
imagetmi.jpg

Dillon has a die and funnel on their BL 550. You can find it on their(bluepress) site by doing a search for funnel.

I bought one of these, but prefer the satern for a couple reasons.

First, its bigger making it more difficult to spill when pouring into from the pan.

Secondly, the satern is lifted by the case, giving visual indication it's ready for charging.

On my 550, i use the cartridge specific internal powder funnel with a Saturn funnel on top. This was the origional Saturn funnel and it fits the inside of the powder die really well. I'm not sure how well the newer version works but they look different.