• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Automatic trimmer that chamfers and deburs???

wmaples

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 5, 2017
Before I pull the trigger on a Giraud, I just wanted to ask here if anybody makes something that is automated? Im talking something like the case mate for the AMP annealer? I don't really reload THAT many rounds but time is important since I travel for work and I like cool things. Anything I need to look at?

I tried the rt1200 in my Dillon . In my opinion it sucked . Sold it and tried the possum works or whatever they are called also bought a trim it. As of now those are all gone and I have a Giraud. Honestly my biggest regret isn’t buying this machine sooner. I have a family kids in travel sports etc... time is valuable. Buy the Guraud and don’t look back.

Reactions: Trek
This is about where I am at with it too. Thanks for the insight.

I’ve never heard of a trimmer that you don’t have to actively feed, be that with a press pull via Dillon or by hand like every other.

I mean, I’m sure there is something for mass production but for a reasonable reloader the giraud is the best there is. Has to be fed one at a time but it only takes 2 seconds per case.

Imma echo @spife7980 here and say Giraud. It’s fast, efficient, and does a bangin job with cases. Setup is no real challenge. Depending on how many calibers you reload, it is handy to have additional cutting heads that you can set and forget for each. It’s a big investment with regards to case prep but the time it saves just cannot be quantified. Easily one of the best purchases I’ve ever made.

Reactions: Codiekfx400
The only issue I have with the Giraud (which is worth every penny) is that if the brass doesn’t trim, there's no chamfer.
Even if there’s no growth, I still like a fresh, light chamfer after sizing.

I have recently added a rubber o-ring under the lock ring which allows minor on the fly adjustments which helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: charnicus
The only issue I have with the Giraud (which is worth every penny) is that if the brass doesn’t trim, there's no chamfer.
Even if there’s no growth, I still like a fresh, light chamfer after sizing.

I have recently added a rubber o-ring under the lock ring which allows minor on the fly adjustments which helps.
Fuck that’s a good idea.