• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Autotrickler V3 - CE Products?

Just a "heads up" troops, looks like the clear lids are back in stock at Area 419 👍🙂. Anyone on backorder get a shipping notification? 👍👎🤞🙂
After loading for a couple of days, I am convinced the clear lid is a must have, especially when that one errant kernel manages to pop out of the cup and land on the platen. If you didn't have a clear lid, you would never see it and the rest of your drops would be off. 1 kernel isn't much, I know, but. Plus the rigidity it adds over the one that came with is a big factor for me.

I received my eBay reducers today. I have three now. The first I bought is from Dan636 on here. It is the same one made of brass in Elfster's videos. Very well machined and threaded both inside and out. The ones from Ebay are not threaded and are smooth on the inside. , I wrapped them with teflon and they screwed right in. The Ebay reducer is a set of two different sizes both of which are bigger than the brass one. All three seem to be good to go.

View attachment 7411755View attachment 7411754View attachment 7411753

I also installed 3 panels as seen below, back, left and front. My setup sits on the far left of my bench and it made more sense to work from the right side. Eliminated all draft issues and so far I haven't bumped the trickler. In fact, it is a non-issue, I don't even think about it being there when I place the cup. The other thing I did was put the clear plastic cover back on the scale, that combined with the weight of the 419 lid made the top more stable.
View attachment 7411752View attachment 7411751
What is the purpose of the Teflon? (I just got my reducers from ebay yesterday.)

I got my setup today.

Attachments

• IMG_1507.JPG
    IMG_1507.JPG
    533.2 KB · Views: 114
What is the purpose of the Teflon? (I just got my reducers from ebay yesterday.)
The reducers aren’t threaded and are slightly smaller than the id of the trickler tube. Adding the Teflon makes for instant threads. It was probably 3 to 4 wraps and then screw it in, but start with 2and work up. My tube was level and my slider was towards the + end and I could consistently watch the last 2 kernels drop in.

Reactions: bunny too
@bunny too and whoever else bought reducers based on this thread I'd appreciate feedback. I think they are fantastic additions. Just like any thing it may take a bit of use to dial everything in but it makes this part of the process so enjoyable.

Anyone who’s curious as well mine should be shipping today or Monday I paid my invoice recently. Ordered on July 14th number 6442RS

Also, I recall seeing a pic somewhere if someone’s set up using a granite plate with an anti static mat under their scale. How does this work?

Also, I recall seeing a pic somewhere if someone’s set up using a granite plate with an anti static mat under their scale. How does this work?
I would not use the mat, kinda defeats the purpose of the granite, just make sure to hook the ground wire up to your line conditioner or surge protector.

I would not use the mat, kinda defeats the purpose of the granite, just make sure to hook the ground wire up to your line conditioner or surge protector.
Can you explain the ground wire hooking into the other two places? I’m somewhat confused.

Can you explain the ground wire hooking into the other two places? I’m somewhat confused.
On the back of the scale you will see a screw for a ground wire, run a wire from that to a three pronged plug (power prongs are unused) and plug that into your power supply, preferably a surge protector, line conditioner or uninterrupted power supply. The power adapter for the scale is a two prong and thus no ground.

I talked to Adam about this. Reports it is unnecessary to use a line conditioner or other methods to ground the unit. Just use a good, quality surge protector and should be GTG.

Ordered mine through Unknown Munitions, and had it in the exact timeframe they described (about 2 weeks). Great customer service and perfectly packed. Would highly recommend anyone to go through them for the Autothrow.

Must have been a surge in orders right around July time. I ordered mine the 20th and I'm #6521RS. So only 79 behind Bb214....
The wait is killing me 😫😫😫

For anyone who is looking for a dust cover for their unit, I got linked up with a guy who makes his own. CE Products referred him and I'm incredibly happy with the quality of it. He usually does high end radio covers so is used to working with sensitive electronics. I can forward his contact info if you're interested.

(Not my pic, just one he sent to me. Mine looks identical though)
V31.jpg

For anyone who is looking for a dust cover for their unit, I got linked up with a guy who makes his own. CE Products referred him and I'm incredibly happy with the quality of it. He usually does high end radio covers so is used to working with sensitive electronics. I can forward his contact info if you're interested.

View attachment 7421301
Can you just post the info, think many would be interested.

Reactions: LV Precision
I'm not positive what the rules on posting it up are so I'll check that out first.

It's fine. As long as you're not the vendor, trying to hock their stuff personally, there's no issue with members just recommending a vendor for a certain product.

Reactions: CShooter92
For those asking about the dust cover, here's the website: https://radiodustcovers.com/

I believe the price is the same as the 419, but with this you can have anything you want stitched into the cover. Just another option.

For those asking about the dust cover, here's the website: https://radiodustcovers.com/

I believe the price is the same as the 419, but with this you can have anything you want stitched into the cover. Just another option.
Thank you. I am very happy with my Area419 cover but these covers would be perfect for other items on the bench. Especially for those of us who have garage workspaces.

Mines supposed to be delivered tomorrow. Of course I got called to work on my day off

View attachment 7421301
How much was yours. I don't see a price or option on his site.

So just got my invoice and paid it but noticed my order number went from 6501 to 7138. Should I contact them??

No that’s normal. I think it’s because they put in two separate orders. One for the deposit and then one for the paid in full. That’s what mine shows in the website anyhow is as two seperate orders

So just got my invoice and paid it but noticed my order number went from 6501 to 7138. Should I contact them??
No, that is normal. You should get it in a week. Tracking does not become available until it crosses the border in two days.

What are you guys putting your scales on?? Balance slab/table, granite??

What are you guys putting your scales on?? Balance slab/table, granite??
80 LB granite surface slab with Airy points ( I used Teflon furniture buttons). It is a beast, I can reload right next to it and it does not twitch.

Paid on Monday and still no shipping info. Was under impression would get it when it got to customs in a couple days.

Paid on Monday and still no shipping info. Was under impression would get it when it got to customs in a couple days.
It usually does, have you tried a "UPS My choice account'? They are free and should give you the information you need.

Got to run my autothrow for the first time today! Should of ordered that a year ago! Loaded up some dasher rounds for the am..
4ABDF45F-3B1A-4610-B0DF-FBFE887F8356.jpeg
18E6ADB0-ABED-4A92-B43C-C91EC735E938.jpeg

Last edited: