• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Awesome rifle pictures

mdmp5

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • May 7, 2009
    My dad is a pretty damn good pro photographer, and I asked him if he could take some nice hi resolution shots of my rifle. We set it up on a platform with a standard background and 2 flashes operated by electronic slaves. He used a Nikon D700 digital camera, ISO 200, F11 at 1/25 second. He did some cropping and scaled down the file size. I think his work is great, and I am gonna ask him to shoot pics of all of my rifles and pistols.

DSC_4455mail.jpg

DSC_4456mail.jpg

DSC_4459mail.jpg

Re: Awesome rifle pictures

the great thing about digital photography is that there isn't much to do, other than set up the lighting and the background. He just gets a light reading, then punches in the aperture, ISO and shutter speed. These pics were taken in about 5 minutes

Show off!! There has to be a better way to get pics on this forum? Just imagine if everyone could take pictures like that when they sell there guns.

Maybe you can take a picture of your rifle with a reflection of itself--kinda like a 1980s school photo!!
    smile.gif

Looks good--now its time to camo up the FN! It's like tattoos, the first one is hard--the rest--a piece of cake!

Awesome photos and a beautiful stick! Thanks for sharing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice!! Are those Near rings?</div></div>

yes sir, that is a Near Alphamount. It is a 1 piece mount.

SPR A1a. It is an A3 stock

Very nice, you got to love the FN’s. I think it would look good against a darker more forbidding background as well. Cool beans.

nice work. i miss shooting in a studio. as mentioned, try a black or darker background. looks great

with a black background, you have to illuminate the background with a separate light