• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bad start to my weekend

desertrat1979

Private
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2006
Southern NV
I just ruined my last 500 CCI large rifle primers. They were sitting on a shelf in the cabinet with a milk jug that had water and window tint solution in it. Mysteriously the fucking jug got a hole in the very bottom. The damn box soaked all the way through, the packs were soggy, when I opened all 5 of them all of them were soaked..........There is no amount of cursing that can be done.

I will try to find some in vegas next week, any info of places to order online. As luck would have it, cabelas and midway are ,shockingly, out of stock.

Re: Bad start to my weekend

That plastic is designed to breakdown over time. It's part of the modern pollution control eco thingy.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Remember the standard storage procedure for ammo components is a cool dark place with no moisture present. Just a bullet point to remember in the future.

Well on the plus side, I dont have to worry about a hazmat charge from bruno's. I decided to try my secret little hole-in-the-wall place. I have gotten powder from him in the past when it was hard to get. I walk in and what do I see. 4 boxes of Federal 210M's. Now I am not a high volume reloader, so I had them sit a box of 1000 to the side till thursday when I get paid. Then I got a 100 ct pack to finish loading what I had. They also had winchester primers and CCI pistol powders.

Yes I will be changing my storage procedure as well.