• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Barrel Coatings?

Milan metal

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 9, 2012
I am building my Grendel and I want to coat my barrel to match my upper and lower. What do you think is the best or whats the best place to have it done?

Re: Barrel Coatings?

I bought a Noveske stainless barrel and had ARPredatorHunter here on the hide Cerakote it black for me. Fast, reasonably priced, and quality work.

You could Duracote or Cerakote or KG Guncoat it a single color by yourself---U need ARP or 1 of the other artists if u go camo or custom-mix colors

If black is your goal, a lot of people swear by salt bath nitriding, both to protect the barrel and to prolong barrel life.

Like I said before I want to match the OD green that is on my upper and lower but I am not sure if Cerakote or Duracoat is the exact same color (or close). I heard you can mix some and not others. I am not sure where to go from here!