• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Be Careful, THEY know more about you than you think.

If you are in business for yourself you can’t ignore calls.

Could be current or prospective customers/vendors/ employees / etc etc etc
They can leave a message. When they do you can be sent to you as a text

Once you've identified the spammer you can block the number or you can have fun with it. Find a hate spammers website that all post the number for a denial-of-service attack

Don’t over think it. The phone company sells your number.
When we moved into our new home ATT offered a bundle that included a home phone. I was given the number. I didn’t even plug a phone into the landline of 6 months. I didn’t even know the number to give it out.

later I found an old home phone in a box and figured I might as well plug it in. Immediately we received BS phone calls
AT&T also sells email address. I signed up for AT&T and even before I had service installed I had more SPAM than I've ever had coming to my box.

AT&T also sells email address. I signed up for AT&T and even before I had service installed I had more SPAM than I've ever had coming to my box.

That's why I don't give out email addresses or phone numbers. If they require it for said service, I give them bogus info.

I always run into this road block when purchasing a car, or when I refinance my mortgage. I tell them, I will give the requested info if they sign a document stating they will not make public, share, or sell the information, and if they violate that request, then they pay $1K per violation. It usually ends there.

Years ago, I was getting flooded with credit card applications in the mail. Typically it's one company in South Dakota that does this for all credit cards. I sent a certified letter to their legal department, with the a letter (contract) stating that I charge the following fee's to receive junk mail from them; unsolicited mail processing fee $50 per letter, paper waste disposal fee, $25 per letter, and contract varification processing fee $1000 per letter. If they continue to send applications in the mail to me, they agree to the terms of the contact. That stopped all those letters. Years later, I only get the occasional credit card application letter, but associated with a order I placed online for goods, like Cabela's.

Reactions: deersniper
"Regularly" ?

Are you at all able to think quantitatively? Even just a little?

What percentage of all response calls to an address, in all cities, in all states, in a given year do you think results in your accusations actually happening?
"Regularly" ?

Are you at all able to think quantitatively? Even just a little?

What percentage of all response calls to an address, in all cities, in all states, in a given year do you think results in your accusations actually happening?

What is your idea of a acceptable level of casualties of American citizens due to wrong addresses that are being obtained by questionable sources?

Does that line up with a individual’s constitutional rights?

I think lumping in over zealous, often times under trained, officers and the rare instances this happens with all law enforcement is getting pretty close to LE bashing. Which is strictly forbidden on this site.

Understand?

As to how they get information like phone numbers and such?

Lexus Nexus comes to mind...
Your right, I was stereotyping.. I hate it when people do that to me.
The problems you mentioned are gonna get worse before it can get better though.

Thanks for the friendly nudge back on course.

Sometimes it’s easier to remember the bad you’ve seen first hand over the good.

Reactions: MarinePMI