• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best commonly found on shelves bourbon/ scotch/ whiskey.

At the end of the day, the best is what YOU enjoy, regardless of price or reputation.
I enjoy a large selection of liquor and drink any given one depending upon my mood.

Except scotch. I can't drink it unless I am having a fine cigar, and even then, I don't enjoy it as much as something else. For me drinking scotch is like licking a dirty tire. Or having a peat bonfire in my mouth (Ardbeg).

However, I lack for little.
20181226_142953.jpg

This is just what I have on display.

For my money I’ll take Buffalo Trace or Jeffers then Crown Royal, Pendleton, or Blantons

Reactions: bullseye13
At the end of the day, the best is what YOU enjoy, regardless of price or reputation.
I enjoy a large selection of liquor and drink any given one depending upon my mood.

Except scotch. I can't drink it unless I am having a fine cigar, and even then, I don't enjoy it as much as something else. For me drinking scotch is like licking a dirty tire. Or having a peat bonfire in my mouth (Ardbeg).

View attachment 6992451
McKenna 10 year is solid, unfortunately it has made a name for itself and is on allocation and only shows up sporadically around here. How is the Whistle Pig? Been wanting to try that one.

Reactions: TimeWillTell
The Whistle Pig is a premium rye with a premium price. It's good and quite complex and spicy. For the money, it's hard to beat Templeton rye. Clean, smooth and affordable. Better than Bulleit rye.

Eagle Rare use to be my go to for on the shelf bourbon but it has now become hard to find. Obviously being in the heart of bourbon country (central Ky) demand is higher then others.

I've actually started drinking rye whiskeys because they are much more available where I'm at.

There’s carbs in just about all the flavored whiskeys
Your killin me man! Friend of mine brought that to new years party for shots. I dont think its something that could be your main drink for the night, but for a shot or two or six it's good.

Just curious, but has ANYBODY tried any of that "Tim Smith's 'CLIMAX' Moonshine" stuff? Or any of the flavored/aged versions? As-Seen-On-TV

I decided to take a chance this evening, and came away pleasant surprised. As I am supremely confidant in my man card, and have a staunch, unblemished 45 year history of heterosexuality I submit this as an alternative. Obviously, not whiskey, but the way they age it reminds me of bourbon.

20190116_170306.jpg

Just curious, but has ANYBODY tried any of that "Tim Smith's 'CLIMAX' Moonshine" stuff? Or any of the flavored/aged versions? As-Seen-On-TV
Not these particular brands, but my experience in general with legal “moonshine” has been negative. They pretty much all suck, especially if compared to the real deal from an experienced producer of the real deal. I’m willing to have my mind changed, but my current opinion is that all these legal moonshine producers are doing is catering to the rebel in us, in order to sell us garbage that we wouldn’t buy otherwise.

I just tried some Ezra Brooks 90 proof. It's a little "oakey" but it's cheap ($20 or less) and has much better flavor and finish than JD or Evan Williams or Jim Beam. It's probably the best in it's price range.

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
I decided to take a chance this evening, and came away pleasant surprised. As I am supremely confidant in my man card, and have a staunch, unblemished 45 year history of heterosexuality I submit this as an alternative. Obviously, not whiskey, but the way they age it reminds me of bourbon.

View attachment 7005469
That's not a challenge to your man-card at all. That is, as long as you're drinking that stuff STRAIGHT. You start talking about mixing it with coke/pepsi/mountain-dew/orange julep or any other coconut holding, umbrella sticking, maraschino cherry dunking CRAP and your card will hereby be revoked, shredded, burned, ashes-driven-over and then shot out of a cannon. :D

And, if you REALLY want to get this venue, look at a bottle of Remy Martin Louis XIV Grand Chablis......
And you can store your fine Dijon Ketchup in the Baccarat crystal decanter, after the weekend!

Myself, I don't have the spare change to afford such flavors. Hence why I have to imbibe and enjoy the gamut of Bourbon's.

Reactions: Soulezoo

View attachment 7005469
My Friend, only those ignorant of Armagnac are going to criticize. Enjoy that neat of course in a snifter. And a fine cigar.

My Friend, only those ignorant of Armagnac are going to criticize. Enjoy that neat of course in a snifter. And a fine cigar.
I would be an ignorant one! What is it? Some kind of cognac?

I would be an ignorant one! What is it? Some kind of cognac?
Yes, sort of. Roughly speaking, Cognac is made in Cognac region of France with only certain grapes and usually triple distilled to obtain a more neutral taste. Armagnac is usually single distilled in the Armagnac region of France with only one or two grape varietals and noted for a deeper more complex flavor. To the uninitiated, Cognac will be smoother (usually- as long as we are comparing like to like in quality range) and Armangac more complex and heady. Again, readers digest version.

Ok, supremely decadent, but I keep a bottle of armangnac because every once in a while I order a whole foie gras from Hudson Valley and make a mouse with it. Fuck a man card when there’s fine French cooking. I don’t care how gay it may sound some of it tastes like a ten minute orgasm. I shit you not. Don’t knock it till you try it.

Ok, supremely decadent, but I keep a bottle of armangnac because every once in a whole I order a while foie gras from Hudson Valley and make a mouse with it. Fuck a man card when there’s fine French cooking. I don’t care how gay it may sound some of it tastes like a ten minute orgasm. I shit you not. Don’t knock it till you try it.
I cannot disagree with any of that.

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
I just tried some Ezra Brooks 90 proof. It's a little "oakey" but it's cheap ($20 or less) and has much better flavor and finish than JD or Evan Williams or Jim Beam. It's probably the best in it's price range.
Old Grandad Bonded and WT101 are $20-22 here and far superior. But the Ezra 7 year is really nice for $40.

Old Grandad Bonded and WT101 are $20-22 here and far superior. But the Ezra 7 year is really nice for $40.
I drink a lot of WT101. It is about $38 here out the door while the Ezra is about $28. In WA state, total taxes are about 35% - 40%.

I haven't tried the Old Grandad yet, but it's on my list.

@TheGerman: I opened the bottle. It's good. It's much more like an Armangac in body and flavor. Will definitely stand up to a Cuban cigar. What it isn't is smooth and silky like the 1738. Complex flavor, rich and leathery.

Last edited:

View attachment 6992451

Tell me about the Buffalo Trace White Dog, I’ve never seen that before

Tell me about the Buffalo Trace White Dog, I’ve never seen that before
White Dog is the unadulterated distillate before barrelling. That's about as close to real corn moonshine that can be legally sold. It tastes a lot like turpentine and will remove paint. It's a tough guy liquor if ever there was one.

I drink a lot of WT101. It is about $38 here out the door while the Ezra is about $28. In WA state, total taxes are about 35% - 40%.

I haven't tried the Old Grandad yet, but it's on my list.

Another vote for WT 101. It's become a mainstay in my cabinet.