• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Building a .338 Lapua Inspiration Pls.

Re: Building a .338 Lapua Inspiration Pls.

Thats a sweet set up. I have one very close to the same specs. Same scope. Rifle is a hammer!

How far off are the CIP Mags ?? Can seekins bottom metal and mags be fitted to Surgeon XL actions ?

Scott thanks for the info greatly appreciated
I have the Badger set up on a rifle that will be delivered this week .
good to hear that I would have to load midgets to get it to cycle/
Bill

Thanks to your thread I own this now!!!!!!

IMG_0140_0275.jpg

IMG_0139_0274.jpg

Mine is a Manners t2 stock Lawton 30" barrel with Lawton brake , badger metal. nightforce 5.5 x 25 NSX scope I shot it at 600 yds first time fist shot 9 ring next 3 10X
these are unbelevable
Build one there one long range unit
I did not belive it till I shot this one how accurate they can be
Bill

Dave agreed this rifle take the place of a lof of others and man there accurate as anything
Bill

Guys I have had a small change in that I intend to now chamber for the .338 Norma Magnum.......rest of the build stays the same.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill Stoffels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Post pictures of the Thunder trap??? </div></div>

My forms went in 1 month ago. This will be the 2nd can I've gotten from AWC. The first was a Titanium Archangel for some .22's. I cheaped out and bought the Stainless T Trap because weight isn't an issue when you're not gonna be carrying your 16# plus stick around. I'm just wondering if I need to hang a red flag from the front of the can so no one walks into the rifles massive extended length with that rock creek barrel. Might have to put a little wheel underneath it for transport.

If I could have only one caliber this wold be it .
I have been impressed by the low recoil and the performance from my manners / lawton set up .
best to date 2.8" at 600

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill Stoffels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I could have only one caliber this wold be it .
I have been impressed by the low recoil and the performance from my manners / lawton set up .
best to date 2.8" at 600 </div></div>

X2 Gonna shoot at 600/800 on Wednesday w/my BORS on the Remington.

Crap thats right out of DARTH VADER

this must be quite the SHIZZLE!!!!!!!!!!!

Worth it

???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill Stoffels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Crap thats right out of DARTH VADER

this must be quite the SHIZZLE!!!!!!!!!!!

Worth it

??? </div></div>
I mounted it and downloaded my bullet info. took it out and zeroed it at 100yds. Wed. I'll give it the test and shoot at 400,600 and 800yrds. The range for this has all three distances with staggered berms. This allows you to acquire and shoot steel silouhettes at all three distances. According to BORS,with your bullet info and the scope zeroed at 100,you can use the scopes reticle to range find,by adjusting up or down with the Elev. knob which in turn has the computer give your distance to target in meters or yards. Then,it automatically allows for bullet drop and your first shot should be "x" We shall see. The scope now sits up a bit higher than my low NF Rings. More like a Medium. But the barrett rings are similar to my DD Ross .50 rings,very beefy. Kinda wierd sitting at the range trying to read the book and make adjustments. More info than I can digest at one sitting.

I have had a BORS system for sale for awhile on here if you want to look at getting one....

not to hijack the thread or anything.
smile.gif

Well,I shot the .338 w/BORS on my NF 5.5x22x50 at 400,600 and 800 yds. Can't say that I can't live without it. I believe if you;re shooting at varying ranges constantly its a great piece. Most of my shooting is done at the same fixed ranges of 400-1200 yrds. Its just as easy(and quicker) to range find,look at your dope sheet and do your ups than it is to use the range finder on the BORS. You have to hold the rifle EXTREMELY STEADY and use your elevation knob to move your reticle from below to above or above to below the target,press enter than wait for your distance to appear on the screen. It happens fairly quickly,but if you're not VERY STEADY,you will get an erroneous reading. My RF worked as quickly and I don't have to be as steady with that. My .02 I too listed it for sale/trade in the optics sectionn. Live and learn. Sometimes too much technology is a step backwards/sideways??

Wello, that target says it all. Fantastic machining to get that type of accuracy.

Surgeon XL, Mac A5, Pac Nor fluted custom tube (1-9 tw), Jager Arms brake, PM11 4-16, TPS rings, CG Trigger, Min SAAMI reamer, metalwork coated in parker grey duracoat.

Smithing done by me.

_ASC0196.jpg

_ASC0197.jpg

It shoots,,,,,

300SMK92gRL25SurgeonXL.jpg

My .338 Lapua Mag
M700 Action with Sako extractor
28.5 Pacnor with QD brake, 1-10" twist
McM A5
NF NXS NPR1 on TPS rings and 20 MOA base

IMG_0047.jpg

Thought I would add my new one.

UGSW Infidel 338 Lapua
AICS w/ Viper Skins and accu-stack
Nightforce 5.5-22x56mm NP-R1
Badger Rings

IMG_9315.jpg

^^^ sexy ^^^ bring it back to the USA... I'd love to buy this from you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotAGuru &#8853;</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill Stoffels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Improved appears to be a little better at performance but what is the effect to the barrel life??
Bill </div></div>

The barrel life of a improved case is better unless you load super hot overpressured loads. The sharp shoulder keeps some extra gas in the case preserving the life of your barrel. </div></div>

Is there any evidence of this? If it's going to Improve on the 338LM then it's going to do it by burning more powder exerting pressure for longer, which means higher temps for longer times. To me that reads as less barrel life, no matter what the shoulder angle is wrt the regular 338LM.

Barker machine works action, Broughton barrel with muzzle brake, the, what ever chassie system you would like. As far a round, i would go with a 338 RUM. You get the same performance as the Lapua at half the cost..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

AICS 2.0 CIP, modified to take Stiller TAC338 repeater. 25" Bartlein 9.3 twist with APA Fat Bastard. USO SN3 5-25 and Atlas V8 bipod. Waiting on an Elite Iron Sierra can that according to the nice lady @ the ATF this morning says may be to me by early April.

Accurate Ordnance did the work - great job by everyone over there with great customer service and communication.

DSCN00230002.jpg

GAP 338 LM, 28' Bartlein barrel 9.5 twist, Surgeon XL action, McMillan A4 stock, AAC Titan silencer

okaqlv.jpg

338 LM
Stiller Tac338
Rock 1-9.4 twist Sendero Contour 26''
Manners T5
Jewel
Seekins DBM

And its a shooter....
20ux3zl.jpg

92.8 Gr H1000 w/Berger 300gr @ 600 Yards

Good shoot!!!!
What bullets????

Alfredo338

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Redmist</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Surgeon XL, Mac A5, Pac Nor fluted custom tube (1-9 tw), Jager Arms brake, PM11 4-16, TPS rings, CG Trigger, Min SAAMI reamer, metalwork coated in parker grey duracoat.

Smithing done by me.

_ASC0196.jpg

Good shoot!!!!
What bullets???

Alfredoh338

_ASC0197.jpg

It shoots,,,,,

300SMK92gRL25SurgeonXL.jpg

</div></div>

Here goes,
Surgeon XL action
24" rock barrel 1 in 9.3 twist
badger FTE brake
Mcmillian A4 built to USMC contract specs
Jewel trigger

Just started load developement. With Berger 300gn hybrids....I've got the muzzle velocity to stay supersonic well past a mile.(which is further than I plan to shoot it routinely). Making it a very handy extended range rifle.
A5C4415C-6CB0-4AB5-8F1D-2964B42DA7AD-3491-000003FCDC53AB88_zpsbda73ecf.jpg

pick a better builder that can stand up to there timeline. don't care who it is building a rifle set a date and finish on the date or before

get in on the longrifles group buy and have one built in a timely manner. I sent them an action/barrel and brake for a 338 edge build. 6 days after it was received I got a call to pay up. it was done, machine work and cerakoted in 6days........ group buy is going great and prices are hard to beat. food for thought. 300g berger in my edge is 2930's outta 30'' bartlein.

lostcoyote,
I feel your pain. Customer service is a thing of the past and one thing seems to hold true: people will disappoint. It is a hard decision you face. Talk to the most senior person you can and hopefully your issues will be resolved. Good luck to you. Jake

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

help,, i need some inspiration to keep from pulling my order fron surgeon rifles
they told me i would have my fifle out the door no later than april 15'th.
2 weeks later, i call to ask why it has not shipped - and am told it is a few weeks out.
2 more weeks pass by after that call... now they trell me it is a few days away.
2 weeks later, nothing.
i am tired of calling and becoming a "pest"... i just want a fucking answer.
if they are missing a trigger, then just tell me - DO NOT BULLSHIT ME.

i am fucking tired of being bullshitted.
how long should i wait before calling back in and yanking my order?
they have $5600+ of my money and i can not even get an honest answer.
i just want a fucking honest answer!

wot would you do?

Be polite and call every two weeks. As far as I can tell, all gunsmiths lie on delivery and suck on scheduling. I needed a gun for the Nationals in 2005, called a well known builder and ordered away. He promised six months delivery. NINE months later and two weeks before go time, no damned gun. I got all the usual bullshit answers and he was ready to ship, looking for a box, did not know the number to FEDEX or some such shit. I am in my car driving east and my dealer calls,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,"you package is here and this gun looks awesome." GREAT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I am 600 miles away and driving to the Nationals with no gun, only my back-up gun and a prayer.

Find a back-up rifle, keep checking in every couple of weeks and hope for the best. It always takes longer, something always goes back-ordered and someone always has a sick relative to slow the time table down. People always walk in the door wanting something out of order or ahead of schedule for their critical needs.

Remember this when doing your next build.