• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Burris XTR3!!!

I'm really happy with my warranty claim as far as how fast and easily it was handled.

BUT my only complaint was that it was a $1700 mix up and I never heard from a single Person, even after calling twice and putting my number in the call back queue both times.
I even emailed them after the fact as well as filled out a survey (5 stars) , saying how much I appreciated the quick remedy but would have liked to have some person to person communication, and still got nothing back.

They started at 1800 I believe, a couple places are already selling at 1400-1500.
Do you have a link to anyone selling them for that price? I tried to find it but only found the xtr2 for that price.

Mk machining had them below 1500 with a code, i forgot who else
Are you sure about that? I bought mind from MK and Tyler did not offer me a code??? @Tyler Kemp was there a code you offered on the XTR III?

I have seen no place that is selling the XTR III under $1700, if you have links please share.

Reactions: D_TROS
Are you sure about that? I bought mind from MK and Tyler did not offer me a code??? @Tyler Kemp was there a code you offered on the XTR III?

I have seen no place that is selling the XTR III under $1700, if you have links please share.
They have a 10% off code. That's still not below $1600. While i was searching the xtr2 kept popping up around the $1400 range. I don't think the prices are dropping. I believe they are close to MAP agreements at the current price.

Last edited:

I could be wrong, I could have sworn I saw them around 1500

sooo...no actual links??
Please, post deals if you find them but near the $1500 is going to be hard to find for the first year IMO.

Regards
DT

You aren't wrong. See posts #901 and #903 in this thread.
Post #901 was a claim for Dvor that was never verified so it would be difficult to just say "XTR III's are selling for $1399" based on an unverified price. Post #903 was for MK Machining 10% off Code (SCOPEVEMBER) which is the lowest I've seen the XTR III (that I could validate) but nowhere near the $1399 price point. The reason this is important is because we do not want to falsely deflate the value of the scopes based on hearsay. Like DT mentions above, if there is a deal that truly benefits Hide members then please post it here, but please don't post unverifiable pricing that nobody can actually get.

EDIT: Update price

Last edited:
Reactions: JakeM
Post #901 was a claim for Dvor that was never verified so it would be difficult to just say "XTR III's are selling for $1300" based on an unverified price. Post #903 was for MK Machining 10% off Code (SCOPEVEMBER) which is the lowest I've seen the XTR III (that I could validate) but nowhere near the $1300 price point. The reason this is important is because we do not want to falsely deflate the value of the scopes based on hearsay. Like DT mentions above, if there is a deal that truly benefits Hide members then please post it here, but please don't post unverifiable pricing that nobody can actually get.
Never said 1300

Reactions: spife7980
Never said 1300
Yeah, for the 3-18 it was 1500 and some change but it was below 1600 and I remember it as it was hard as hell for me to not jump on it but I have been trying to cut back so for the first time ever I had self control. Wish I would have for 1500 now. But I don’t remember for a couple weeks sthere was an xtr3 for 1500, I can’t find the link though so I now assume they caught hell and scrubbed it.

Last edited:
I'm really happy with my warranty claim as far as how fast and easily it was handled.

BUT my only complaint was that it was a $1700 mix up and I never heard from a single Person, even after calling twice and putting my number in the call back queue both times.
I even emailed them after the fact as well as filled out a survey (5 stars) , saying how much I appreciated the quick remedy but would have liked to have some person to person communication, and still got nothing back.

I actually have some input on this. In digging into the scope sent back to Greeley by @khuber84 , I had a lengthy conversation with the sales manager for Burris. We were trying to determine the status of his scope and why he hadn't received a call back. We knew it was checked in, but then it went quiet.

We actually discovered an engineer had grabbed it from whatever shelf it was on and started troubleshooting it before it was entered into the system that keeps track of its progress. So there was essentially, no record of its status.

The good news is that it got worked on quickly, and Monday morning they had determined what it was doing. So they decided to send Khuber a new scope.

I think they are working hard to step up their game for the XTR3. This is the busiest two months of the year for Burris, and they dont have a massive staff like some bigger optic manufacturers. I think they are grabbing these scopes up and trying their best to handle these service issues quickly. Time spent emailing and calling customers takes significant time away from repairing and sending out scopes. There aren't dozens of people in these departments. With a couple fellas out for hunting season there is less than a handful.

I would agree with you fellas that a return call or email would be appreciated. I'll forward it as an issue. Hopefully at the end of the day they are able to effectively clear up the issue and everyone gets a good functioning optic in hand.

Wow, there's some resistance to sales prices here.

Dvor had the XTR3 3.3-18 SCR MIL for $1400 and the 5.5-30 SCR MIL for $1500 (+$50 for SCR2), for me the sales tax killed the deal though. That deal is no longer available.

MK Machining has their 10% off code (SCOPEVEMBER) that brings the 3.3-18 SCR to $1530 and the 5.5-30 SCR to $1620 (+$45 for SCR2). No sales tax for (presumably) out of state purchasers, and they include a throw lever and billet level (~$65 value if you were wanting it). Most models are back ordered though. Link: https://mkmachining.com/product/burris-xtr-iii/

Reactions: tam4511
Wow, there's some resistance to sales prices here.

Dvor had the XTR3 3.3-18 SCR MIL for $1400 and the 5.5-30 SCR MIL for $1500 (+$50 for SCR2), for me the sales tax killed the deal though. That deal is no longer available.

The "resistance" is because the price quoted from Dvor cannot be verified. I can tell you that "CS Tactical is selling Burris XTR III scopes for $999" (THEY ARE NOT BY THE WAY) but just because I say it doesn't mean its true, but posting something like that in a forum causes a misconception of value. What we're trying to ascertain is the validity of post #901 which claims Dvor was selling the XTR III for $1399 and $1499 respectively for the 3.3-18 and 5.5-30; however, there is no conclusive evidence that this was actually true.

Why does this matter you might say, well it matters because it hurts the value of the scope, if members start thinking they can get an XTR III for a lower price point, then it hinders valid price sales from other dealers and just causes confusion in general. The consumer might say "why would I pay $1700 for this scope from dealer X when I can get it for $300 cheaper from dealer Y". This is part of the point with MAP (Minimum Advertised Pricing) and something that Nightforce and others have strongly adhered to. Sure, we all want to get a "good deal" but the manufacturer also doesn't want to devalue their product. If some dealer began selling Nightforce ATACR 7-35's for $1999 not only would that hurt the value of the scope in general but it would also cause problems for other dealers who are following the rules.

The Hide is a great place to find special deals, sales, blowouts, etc. but we should also strive to keep it free of misinformation.

Hard to believe on such a new scope but Optics Planet has them for $1589 and DVOR is a part of OP and regularly has flash sales on same items for %20 less. So it's not impossible they did. I snagged an XTR2 off DVOR for $500 one time.

Water under the bridge.

Hard to believe on such a new scope but Optics Planet has them for $1589 and DVOR is a part of OP and regularly has flash sales on same items for %20 less. So it's not impossible they did. I snagged an XTR2 off DVOR for $500 one time.

Water under the bridge.
Where are you seeing $1589 at Optics Planet? I just looked it up and I see $1699 for the 3.3-18 and $1799 for the 5.5-30

1574365551104.png

Where are you seeing $1589 at Optics Planet? I just looked it up and I see $1699 for the 3.3-18 and $1799 for the 5.5-30

View attachment 7187476

Is this not the one?
Screenshot_20191121-115257_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Plus their additional 11% off code makes the 3-18 scr2 now 1557+tax and the 5-30 scr2 is 1646+tax, the non scr2 reticles are 50 bucks cheaper.
View attachment 7187479

View attachment 7187478

Also, remember, based on your cookies OP will vary the pricing to try and entice you. Looking at them on your phone may be different pricing than when you are on your computer.

Edit: And here it is on my phone for even cheaper- 1485 before taxes
5F027874-D291-470C-8642-F01893250E1D.png

Last edited:
That is the one, can you provide the link please

Put in code work7 for 5% off

sounds like @spife7980 has a better code.

Also, remember, based on your cookies OP will vary the pricing to try and entice you. Looking at them on your phone may be different pricing than when you are on your computer.

Well that makes it very confusing spife.

So if you use the link from 2aBaCa (hopefully forthcoming) and the Coupon 11SALE are you telling me the price from OP will be $1589 plus another 11% off for a total of $1414?

Again, these seem "too good to be true", can anyone verify? And guys, please realize I am not saying you are wrong, I'm just wanting to get verification and provide links and codes, etc. so that other Hide members can capitalize on the deal, but if you are wrong or misunderstood then we need to know that as well.

Put in code work7 for 5% off

sounds like @spife7980 has a better code.
That link takes me to the same page with $1699 price???

Well that makes it very confusing spife.

So if you use the link from 2aBaCa (hopefully forthcoming) and the Coupon 11SALE are you telling me the price from OP will be $1589 plus another 11% off for a total of $1414?

Again, these seem "too good to be true", can anyone verify? And guys, please realize I am not saying you are wrong, I'm just wanting to get verification and provide links and codes, etc. so that other Hide members can capitalize on the deal, but if you are wrong or misunderstood then we need to know that as well.
No special link, just the normal items page + code 11sale

3-18
https://www.opticsplanet.com/burris-xtreme-tactical-xtr-iii-scopes.html
1669 list price -184 (11% with 11sale code)= 1485 w/o tax
1485+118.83tax = 1604 w/ tax
1574366961537.png

5-30
https://www.opticsplanet.com/burris-5-5-30x56mm-xtreme-tactical-xtr-iii-scopes.html
1789 list price -197 (11% with 11sale code)= 1592 w/o tax
1592+127.38 tax = 1719 w/ tax
1574367125561.png

I really miss when OP didnt hit me with tax

Last edited:
I dunno man, It shows what it shows.

Maybe call them if your trying to order one at the best price. Although I would probably wait a week for any Black Friday sales.

No need to derail the thread further. I am not looking for a deal personally, I am wrapping up my review of the 3.3-18x50 and have found it to be a fantastic scope for the money.

People are crazy if they're selling for $1500....you're spending your time to literally make no money after shipping. The margins on the XTRIII are not amazing, although I'm assuming the big dogs get a better deal than me.

People are crazy if they're selling for $1500....you're spending your time to literally make no money after shipping. The margins on the XTRIII are not amazing, although I'm assuming the big dogs get a better deal than me.
At those prices they are selling below MAP. I guess Burris isn't concerned or just hasn't caught it yet. I got my personal scope today. At $1850 MAP price, i don't think there is anything better. If people find them cheaper, buy it. I have a few on order that will collect dust before i sell them lower than the MAP.

Reactions: Birddog6424
I didn't mean to start a whole pricing fued lol. I just was a little disheartened after making my first big boy scope purchase and seeing the price drop so much so quickly (I knew it would happen eventually). Maybe I was mistaken to the extent of the drop, but either way we should get back on track here.

I actually have some input on this. In digging into the scope sent back to Greeley by @khuber84 , I had a lengthy conversation with the sales manager for Burris. We were trying to determine the status of his scope and why he hadn't received a call back. We knew it was checked in, but then it went quiet.

We actually discovered an engineer had grabbed it from whatever shelf it was on and started troubleshooting it before it was entered into the system that keeps track of its progress. So there was essentially, no record of its status.

The good news is that it got worked on quickly, and Monday morning they had determined what it was doing. So they decided to send Khuber a new scope.

I think they are working hard to step up their game for the XTR3. This is the busiest two months of the year for Burris, and they dont have a massive staff like some bigger optic manufacturers. I think they are grabbing these scopes up and trying their best to handle these service issues quickly. Time spent emailing and calling customers takes significant time away from repairing and sending out scopes. There aren't dozens of people in these departments. With a couple fellas out for hunting season there is less than a handful.

I would agree with you fellas that a return call or email would be appreciated. I'll forward it as an issue. Hopefully at the end of the day they are able to effectively clear up the issue and everyone gets a good functioning optic in hand.
I appreciate that. I didn't want to make a big fuss about it, it just rubbed me a tad wrong to not get a personal response given the circumstance. But like I said, the actual handling of my issue couldn't have been better.

Last edited:
I'm sitting trying to decide between the XTR 3 in 3-18 and Vortex Razor Gen II 3-18. This is going a 22" 6.5 CM gas gun. This is my first long range gun/optic period so pretty much a giant noob. Trying to decide if Illumination is worth getting as I would like to hunt at some point but not sure if its the deciding factor over the XTR 3. Can anyone help me out and let me know which way I should fall? The cost between the two makes it a non-factor. I can also swing the higher mag of both if that makes way more sense.

Scope choices have completely frozen me.

I'm sitting trying to decide between the XTR 3 in 3-18 and Vortex Razor Gen II 3-18. This is going a 22" 6.5 CM gas gun. This is my first long range gun/optic period so pretty much a giant noob. Trying to decide if Illumination is worth getting as I would like to hunt at some point but not sure if its the deciding factor over the XTR 3. Can anyone help me out and let me know which way I should fall? The cost between the two makes it a non-factor. I can also swing the higher mag of both if that makes way more sense.

I personally have never used illumination. Both are good options. Both have good turrets, clear glass, great reticle options, and warranty's. I love the eye relief and eye box on the Burris. The vortex isn't far behind though. I chose the Burris because it is American made and i am very pleased with my decision.

I'd definitely reccomend the XTRIII, especially for a hunting rig since it's much lighter.
And an illuminated model should be out soon next year. I'm thinking about picking up a 3-18 for that purpose when they drop.

As I've posted previously, I love my 5.5-30

Reactions: GreySix
Enlighten us, please.

I think he is saying that if in his opinion, it's currently the nicest scope in it's class for <$2k, how much nicer is it when you can get it for even less..

Last edited:

I have both. If you don’t mind the extra weight, want illumination and a more useable reticle under 10x, plus the best warranty service in the business, go Vortex. Really, for what the AMGs are going for right now that might be the best option in that price range if you want a lighter option from Vortex. When I get my 3-18 back from Burris I will probably keep it, but I think there are other scopes out there that could fit the bill as well.

I have both. If you don’t mind the extra weight, want illumination and a more useable reticle under 10x, plus the best warranty service in the business, go Vortex. Really, for what the AMGs are going for right now that might be the best option in that price range if you want a lighter option from Vortex. When I get my 3-18 back from Burris I will probably keep it, but I think there are other scopes out there that could fit the bill as well.
Keep in mind the amg is a 30mm tube, so you have less adjustment and the XTRIII has a better fov.

Reactions: cracker777
I've been debating the XTRIII, Mark 5HD, and a Vortex Razor Gen2 over the last couple days. I probably blew it by missing all the good sales but not trying to rush out and snag an optic that I probably won't touch before early 2020 anyway. Probably going to snag an XTR3 after all the reading I did. I just need to see if the XTR3 is going to be released with Illumination at SHOT and what the price point is going to be before finally pulling the trigger. Thanks to all for the comments and feedback and those that went and bought scopes and wrote up their experiences!

Keep in mind the amg is a 30mm tube, so you have less adjustment and the XTRIII has a better fov.

AMG does have less adjustment range at around 27 mrad, but that is still sufficient for most needs. XTR3 has 35 mrad of adjustment in the 50mm model and 26 in the 56mm.

FOV when on the same magnification is the same between AMG and XTR3.

ILya

Reactions: Wyzrd
AMG does have less adjustment range at around 27 mrad, but that is still sufficient for most needs. XTR3 has 35 mrad of adjustment in the 50mm model and 26 in the 56mm.

FOV when on the same magnification is the same between AMG and XTR3.

ILya
Not trying to be difficult sir but when I asked Vortex what was the FOV for my AMG at 6 power they told me around 20 feet. I am finding this optic challenging at rapid close in hunting. The 3.3 x 18 Buriss looks interesting. The 3 x 18 Kahles serves me very well but at a steep price difference.

R/
Chris

Not trying to be difficult sir but when I asked Vortex what was the FOV for my AMG at 6 power they told me around 20 feet. I am finding this optic challenging at rapid close in hunting. The 3.3 x 18 Buriss looks interesting. The 3 x 18 Kahles serves me very well but at a steep price difference.

R/
Chris

No worries. I can do difficult...

Note, that I specifically said "when at the same magnification". AMG has 20.4ft FOV at 100 yards on 6x. XTR III 3.3-18x50 based on Burris' published specs has the exact same 20.4ft FOV at 100 yards. Now, XTR3 can be dialed down to lower magnification which will give you a wider FOV, but at the same magnification, they will look about the same.

ILya

R/
Chris
FOV AT 100M on low power = 2=
Once again I'm not trying to call out the Dark Lord of optics. Actually playing with the idea of dumping my AMG for another lower powered short optic that would serve me well paired with a PVS-30.

FOV AT 100M on low power = 2=
Once again I'm not trying to call out the Dark Lord of optics. Actually playing with the idea of dumping my AMG for another lower powered short optic that would serve me well paired with a PVS-30.

No need to feel apologetic. I am here to have a discussion. If everyone always agreed, it would be no fun.

See my post above.

ILya

Un
No worries. I can do difficult...

Note, that I specifically said "when at the same magnification". AMG has 20.4ft FOV at 100 yards on 6x. XTR III 3.3-18x50 based on Burris' published specs has the exact same 20.4ft FOV at 100 yards. Now, XTR3 can be dialed down to lower magnification which will give you a wider FOV, but at the same magnification, they will look about the same.

ILya
Understood. If I can find another way to reproduce my Ultra Short S&B results or Kahles 3 x 18 without having to sell one of my organs that would be great. Last question. How long is this Buriss?

For some odd reason I can not find S&B or Kahles banging on my door screaming it's CYBER MONDAY, hmm. Capitalism at it's finest hour. Pay up

Un

Understood. If I can find another way to reproduce my Ultra Short S&B results or Kahles 3 x 18 without having to sell one of my organs that would be great. Last question. How long is this Buriss?

13.3"

I have only seen the prototype of the XTR3, but I really liked what I saw. I expect it to be an excellent design. WHen the illuminated version comes out, I will do a full test.

As far as reproducing your results from really fancy scopes, I can suggest another really fancy scope: TT315M. Still one of my favourites, along with the 3-24x52 March.

With less expensive scopes, interestingly, Vortex PST Gen 2 3-15x44 has a suprisingly nice view and the FOV at the same magnification is about the same as XTR3 and AMG.

ILya