• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Bushnell 3-21 with Horus Reticle Scope at Shot Sho

longgunner

Private
Minuteman
Oct 5, 2009
So Cal
Did anyone else see the Bushnell 3-21 FFP scope at the Horus booth at the shot show? This scope looked very promising, even for a bushnell, but no one knows about it or when it is coming out. Any Info?

Re: Bushnell 3-21 with Horus Reticle Scope at Shot Sho

I saw it too. Hope it's available soon and not too expensive. I have a hawk that I really like. I hate dailing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longgunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did anyone else see the Bushnell 3-21 FFP scope at the Horus booth at the shot show? This scope looked very promising, even for a bushnell, but no one knows about it or when it is coming out. Any Info? </div></div>

1 word....

<span style="font-size: 17pt">Prototype</span>
was looking at it at Mammoth.

Time will tell.

I would expect availability for the commercial market to be August or September. There are some nuances with the Horus reticle that need to be polished, but after that it should be GTG.

34 mm tube
27 mils elevation
Locking turrets
Side Focus 75 yds to inf

Probably looking at retail around $1400.

I hit up the Military Rep, and asked him, I will advise when I hear more.

I borrowed and used the Bushnell scope in question at the Trainup and Cup last week on an AIAX .308. It was the HDMR 3.5-21 with the Horus H58 reticle.

The scope worked perfectly all week. 34MM tube, 26Mils of travel, front focal plane, locking turrets, focuses down to 25 yards. I used the scope for hold offs but also did a lot of dialing from 100 yards to 1000 yards repeatedly over the week.

The HDMR 3.5-21, which stands for Horus Designated Marksman Rifle, will be available around the end of May and will retail for around $1600. I'm told it will first be available through Horus Vision, and then other retailers.

The DMR 3.5-21, which stands for Designated Marksman Rifle, will have the new GAP reticle and I think, don't quote me, a regular mil-dot reticle, and will be offered a little later. There's a few things still needing to be worked out with this model. It will retail for around $1300

Everyone who looked through the scope was impressed. I would not hesitate to recommend this scope to anyone as a primary optic. I didn't baby the rifle package at all during the week. They both took some knocks in Jacob's mouse trap, or gallows, or maze, whatever it's called as well as the other stages that required movement.

Two thumbs up from my experience with the scope.

2a88fd79.jpg

2f895223.jpg

9c9d34ed.jpg

Here's what the Horus H58 reticle looks like.
708d53fd.png

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tburkes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I borrowed and used the Bushnell scope in question at the Trainup and Cup last week on an AIAX .308. It was the HDMR 3.5-21 with the Horus H58 reticle.

The scope worked perfectly all week. 34MM tube, 26Mils of travel, front focal plane, locking turrets, focuses down to 25 yards. I used the scope for hold offs but also did a lot of dialing from 100 yards to 1000 yards repeatedly over the week.

The HDMR 3.5-21, which stands for Horus Designated Marksman Rifle, will be available around the end of May and will retail for around $1600. I'm told it will first be available through Horus Vision, and then other retailers.

The DMR 3.5-21, which stands for Designated Marksman Rifle, will have the new GAP reticle and I think, don't quote me, a regular mil-dot reticle, and will be offered a little later. There's a few things still needing to be worked out with this model. It will retail for around $1300

Everyone who looked through the scope was impressed. I would not hesitate to recommend this scope to anyone as a primary optic. I didn't baby the rifle package at all during the week. They both took some knocks in Jacob's mouse trap, or gallows, or maze, whatever it's called as well as the other stages that required movement.

Two thumbs up from my experience with the scope.

2a88fd79.jpg

2f895223.jpg

9c9d34ed.jpg

Here's what the Horus H58 reticle looks like.
708d53fd.png
</div></div>

Thanks for showing us the new Bushnell!

I've got a few questions for you.

Does it have Illumination? If so how much of the reticle lights up?

5 mil per rev knobs?

Zero stop?

Thanks

You're welcome.

No Illumination
Correct on the five mils per rev.
No zero stop

*tag*

Wow, so many choices now. Got to add this scope to the list of scopes tugging at my heart.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tburkes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You're welcome.

No Illumination
Correct on the five mils per rev.
No zero stop </div></div>

Even so...it's still a great value,especially with the H-58.If those are the retail prices then the street prices are going to be very reasonable.

BTW,how would you rate the glass?

The glass is very nice.

I was present at the Bash in the fall where a guy who has extensive experience looking through and using high end scopes made the comment after looking through it in the field, "the only glass I've seen better is the Hensoldt" Coming from this guy was impressive.

Fwiw-I looked through this scope and through a S & B at the horus booth and thought the bushnell had better glass, now this was in the convention center, in artificial light. I have no clue how it would fair in low light conditions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adam B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fwiw-I looked through this scope and through a S & B at the horus booth and thought the bushnell had better glass, now this was in the convention center, in artificial light. I have no clue how it would fair in low light conditions.</div></div>

if this thing ends up having better glass than a s&b for under $1500 they will be flying off the shelves, i wonder why they aren't going to make them with illumination as a option?

Wow, scope companies have really started to step up their game in the last few years! Its good to see a few more options showing up at more affordable prices.

There, originally, was an illuminated option. In the design of the H58, only certain aspects of the reticle are illuminated. A reticle that is illluminated and non-illuminated is built using two different processes: etch/fill and chromium deposition. The etch/fill portion is illuminated, however we found significant reflection off of the chromium deposition parts due to the ridges created on the top/bottom of the stadia by the deposition process. When you turned the illum up to 6-7 the whole reticle would "partially" illumiante and was not up to the standards that we had set or thought would be acceptable. Fortunately, the scope is designed for illumination, so when we perfect that process it will be in the line.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grendel 6.5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There, originally, was an illuminated option. In the design of the H58, only certain aspects of the reticle are illuminated. A reticle that is illluminated and non-illuminated is built using two different processes: etch/fill and chromium deposition. The etch/fill portion is illuminated, however we found significant reflection off of the chromium deposition parts due to the ridges created on the top/bottom of the stadia by the deposition process. When you turned the illum up to 6-7 the whole reticle would "partially" illumiante and was not up to the standards that we had set or thought would be acceptable. Fortunately, the scope is designed for illumination, so when we perfect that process it will be in the line. </div></div>
Grendel 6.5 - you speak as if you are part of the design/QC team on this scope. Is this true or am I mis-interpretting your post?

You beat me to it ranger1183 I was going to ask the same thing.

This scope has been used at many matches over the last year or so, on a .338 Lapua Magnum, and hasn't failed yet.

In my opinion, with this type of offering from Bushnell, it's pretty clear that they are really serious about competing with anyone on the market, and are doing a great job of it. The opinion that so many have had over the years of Bushnell scopes being cheap in price and quality is ending, as far as the quality aspect is concerned.

I predict that their market share of the military/tactical scope world is about to start increasing.

Even if a guy has some of the high end glass, he probably has several rifles and may not be able to put the high end glass on all of his other rifles. You can just about buy three of these scopes for one of the top of the line scopes, and not give up much at all.

How's the eye releif on that scope?

Wow...illuminated version too. Now THAT is tempting.

Now I'm feeling all indecisive. Illuminated Bushnell with Horus, Nightforce Beast, S&B 3-20, and March 3-24....

Hmmm...can you guys at least do something about those ugly Bushnell turrets?

I had no issues with the eye relief. In all honesty it's not as good as the Hensoldt, but I didn't compare it to the S&B.

CanPopper, LOL, I guess it's in the eye of the beholder. I like these over the Hensoldt turrets. I think they work great.

Robert, I'm not sure and won't even guess, I'll try to get an answer for you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RWSGunsmithing</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So is this going to be a Bushnell branded scope or Horus? I ask because I curious on who takes care of any warranty work. </div></div>

I'm guessing Bushnell as I have heard that other reticles (non Horus) will be available.

I am glad to see everybody is coming around, bushnell is the only major company i see currently that is actively following what the civilian markets needs/wants. they have great ffp mil/mil rifle scopes/spotting scopes. They also have a set of reasonable priced rangefinding binos.

Bushnell currently has there shit together and i absolutely love the 3 bushnell ffp scopes i have (especially considering what they cost).

Can't wait till the 3-21 comes out with the gap mil reticle, i doubt it will get the hype the viper pst did but it will be much better i think, hell it will probably be nicer than the vortex razor.

Any idea when there due out? I have a rifle that might need a new scope.

And if it will be offered in mildot? Non of that fancy stuff

what the point of dialing with the horus reticle, isn't this supposed to preclude needing to dail the range?? and thus the need for a ton of scope travel??

Oh to the Great Bushnell Reticle Gods, please make the Horus Vision H-27 reticle an option!

news_0031_02.jpg

Seems impossible the glass would be that good for this price, but I am certainly willing to entertain the thought!

This has me putting off any scope purchase at this moment.

Ive been wanting to try a Horus reticle and with the current prices on other quality scopes using one, I have been waiting to see if an affordable option that retains a high quality level would come along.

Looks like this might be it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh to the Great Bushnell Reticle Gods, please make the Horus Vision H-27 reticle an option!

news_0031_02.jpg
</div></div>

Also another prayer to the Great Bushnell Knob Gods. 10 MIL knobs for 2012!
grin.gif

yeah - nice scope! i think this will go perfectly on my POF 308! BTW, i used to own a horus hawk, and personally I feel that around 6x is where you can start to use the finer markings in the reticle. But that's just my experience with it.

I have recently purchased the Bushnell DMR (otherwise known as the Horus HDMR) from Horus last week (along with 21 other people). We have all put about 1000 rounds through guns while using the optic.
It does in fact have the H58 reticle in it. Let me tell you, It is a very nice piece of glass, and if your military, you can order it from Horus vision right now.
The glass has very good clarity. The turrets adjust nicely and lock which is great when zeroing your optic. The parrallax clears out really nicely as well. The reticle mils out correctly to targets. No problems what so ever.

What is really great, if you are military, you get an awesome piece of glass for 1/3 the cost of a S&B, and less than half the price of a Leupold, and like I mentioned, its very durable.

Are they gone or can they still be purchased? We want 4?

Does anyone actually answer the phone at Horus? How do you get in touch with them? Are they really a company? Should I call Bushnell?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: toddconley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone actually answer the phone at Horus? How do you get in touch with them? Are they really a company? Should I call Bushnell? </div></div>
I love the Horus Vision system and have owned, at one time of another, all most all of their scopes. Having said that, frankly I'd recommend you talk to Bushnell.

Could u explain the system? I would like to have one myself?

Holy Cow! Only $849 for a Bushnell Horus whose glass quality is almost as good as S&B and Hendsoldt?

Anyone looking to make a quick buck?
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: toddconley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone actually answer the phone at Horus? How do you get in touch with them? Are they really a company? Should I call Bushnell? </div></div>
I love the Horus Vision system and have owned, at one time of another, all most all of their scopes. Having said that, frankly I'd recommend you talk to Bushnell. </div></div>

You and I feel the same!

Guys,

Horus is selling a limited amount of these scopes(around 200)with an H58 reticle in it for military personnel. The sale is conducted through Horus, but as stated previously, active military ID is necessary.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SingleShot85</div><div class="ubbcode-body">More importantly,

as advertised for educational/ research purposes, no warranty or up grade will be available to these promo scopes</div></div>

I just read the same thing....hmmm.