• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Can you guys that live in the nw post your DIY camo pics?

-paradox-

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 15, 2013
Hey guys I live in Washington and am looking for some rattle can pattern ideas. I see lots of cool desert camo jobs but not many with greenery!

Having just done my AI and living in the NW I figured I would post up with what I came up with. I used the Krylon flat cammo colors you can get at any Walmart (brown,green,tan). A few points, firstly this was my first attempt at putting cammo on a rifle and secondly Id say total time spent including cutting out the stencil ended up being around an hour. That being said I think it turned out decent for this environment and time invested.

The AI was originally black.
I went with a dark brown base coat with green and tan accents.
For a more blended look stay back a ways and use sweeping application sprays.
I think in total it only has 3 or 4 coats.
I didn't put any kind of sealant on it, I actually like the way it looks when it gets scuffed up a bit.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

If you want to take more time then I would go with what alnkal00 did http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...05081-ma-ten-multicam-krylon-*pic-heavy*.html

It is an amazing job and would work well for our AO swapping out the white for a tan or something.

Post up what you come up with.