• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

carbon fiber stocks from evil empire

Ok,

A quick trip to the range...quick sighters and then three groups

- Stock mid-80s Rem 700 w/heavy barrel that I had the barrel cut and threaded at 18"...got lucky, she shoots pretty well
- Intent is to be a lighter weight carry gun, so Bushnell Elite 3200 10x scope
- TBAC 30-BA titanium can
- Entire rig with can and empty mag weighs in at 10.1lbs. I have a 16" fluted lighter barrel that drops about 1/2-3/4 lb that I did not have time to spin on
- Slight mag feed issue with the bolt not picking up the next round...need to trouble shoot it a bit more
- Still sorting out the 168 AMAX load for this rifle, 168 SMK GTG.

BL: shoots just about as good in this stock off two bags as it does in my XLR chassis and A LOT lighter. The stock does exactly what it is supposed to do.

33xzp8o.jpg

wmh475.jpg

2lxzh9d.jpg

vtb if you make one for the savage model 10 and need someone to put it through its paces id be glad to help you with that. Bear season is fast approaching in the northwest and a lightweight stock that doesnt flex would be just about ideal for carrying through the cascade mountains searching for big bruins.

Hello surfr716.
There is a problem - we have 0 (zero) savages at hand. i suppose we have almost none in Russia.
If there is a print of reciever with clear dimensions - it could allow us to make inlet for it.
Or we can make blank with formed barrel channel and action channel and send it to your gunsmith (who will make the inletting)

vtb if you make one for the savage model 10 and need someone to put it through its paces id be glad to help you with that. Bear season is fast approaching in the northwest and a lightweight stock that doesnt flex would be just about ideal for carrying through the cascade mountains searching for big bruins.

I talked to him and he sent me pictures of what he needs to take measurements from to make a stock for the savage long action. Ill be uploading them to him today, so hopefully some time soon he might have something for us to try out.

Hello all.
ABader sent me pics of Savage reciever.
now i need to get dimensions to make 3D model of it:

savage-top-la_zps290b18ba.jpg

savage-side-la_zps0bae4367.jpg

Hope some Savage owner can help (i think SA and LA version differs in "L" dimension, and the lenght of magazine cutout "C", but i could be wrong)

Wow - I'm interested in a tactical style stock with adjustable LOP and comb. In Canada!

I've been on the road for a week, and I get home to find a box from Mother Russia! Carbon Fiber Tikka T3 stock( this thing is REALLY good looking!) in hand.....I'll mount the barreled action and scope tonite.....heading to the range tomorrow!

Edit to add- it appears the Atlas BT15 forend rail will work just fine....the sling swivel studs in the stock are threaded into threaded inserts that are bonded into the stock, so I simply turned out the studs, and used the button head screws that Atlas sells to mount the rail. Now I can run my favorite bipod!

Last edited:
Is there a possibility of getting these with a UD layer on top, so it has a matte black look?

Also, to address concerns about balance, what about leaving a pocket in the rear where one can place lead weights? It sounds counterintuitive to want to do this, but it's something F1 has been doing for a long time. They have minimum weight restrictions, and building the car below the weight allows them to place ballast based on the track.

For us, we could balance the rifle with effectively less overall weight than a regular stock.

Is there a possibility of getting these with a UD layer on top, so it has a matte black look?

Also, to address concerns about balance, what about leaving a pocket in the rear where one can place lead weights? It sounds counterintuitive to want to do this, but it's something F1 has been doing for a long time. They have minimum weight restrictions, and building the car below the weight allows them to place ballast based on the track.

For us, we could balance the rifle with effectively less overall weight than a regular stock.

1. uni-directional layer - no problem.
2. pocket (tube) inside the rear of the stock - no problem

If you need a solidworks model of a savage rimfire let me know, I have it modeled up. Not sure if any savage rimfire owners have that sort of cash though, lol.

Here is my 7-08 Tikka T3 modified for the Civilian Service Rifle matches :

t3_csr10.jpg

A tactical carbon fiber stock should be great for next update ;)
The same on the just delivered Lite 223 20" version should allow a very ligthweight config. The accuracy is already here, lightweight will be the next step :

223_6911.jpg

R93 long range varmint...broken stock.....Serious question VTB: How can I buy your stock ?

VTB: I'm new to this forum: apologies if not using correct format or etiquette. I have a Blaser R93 Long Range Varmint in 308. The Stock cracked at pistol grip section last week. I would be very happy to buy one of your carbon fibre stocks for replacement. I already use a carbon fibre suppressor from TLD. Is is possible to buy ? Is it possible to take my receiver from existing stock ? Thanks for guidance. I am UK based.
bucks n bullseyes
Bangs, Bucks & Bullseyes

Ok,

So I have had VTB's stock for over three weeks and not been able to get it to the range yet. Busy, life, and a need to cut a little clearance for part of the safety selector. So, I will at least upload a few pics, show what has to be done, and give a few general observations.

- VTB certainly seems GTG to do business with!
- The stock is very nice; 100% top notch craftsmanship
- The DBM setup is nice, well inleted, but just a little proud. All very square and even, just not flush
- You can see the rough pencil marks showing where the relief needs to be cut in for the safety pivot
- DBM works fine with my AICS and Alpha mags
- Bedding is done very well; my action fit like a glove
- A few (cosmetic only) voids on the show line between the bolt handle cutout and ejection port relief--not noticeable with the action in
- Plenty of room around the recoil lug to bed in your action/lug--clearance for/aft so this probably a must do
- Where the CF cloth meets is a work of art
- While I have not shot this yet, no reason this should not shoot to the action and shooters full potential...rigid, bedded right, and dimensionally stable...can't ask for more.

Now the pics....range report with TBAC 30BA on an 18" 308 coming up.

2vnqmvq.jpg

ounupz.jpg

35hpwlw.jpg

2d972hd.jpg

67mm2p.jpg

141b9l.jpg

jhx56t.jpg

2dheb0i.jpg

6fxq35.jpg

Hi VTB. Sorry if this is a repeat message. New to the forums. Having seen these stocks, and the thread - I would be very interested indeed in buying an R93 Carbon stock. My Blaser R93 Varmint Long Range in 308 has now a cracked stock at the pistol grip. 3 years old. It has to be replaced - and the light weight will help in the hills and mountains. I already use a Carbon Fibre supressor on it from Thomas Lowe Defence, so would match up well.
I'M UK based. Is this possible ?

Hi VTB. Sorry if this is a repeat message. New to the forums. Having seen these stocks, and the thread - I would be very interested indeed in buying an R93 Carbon stock. My Blaser R93 Varmint Long Range in 308 has now a cracked stock at the pistol grip. 3 years old. It has to be replaced - and the light weight will help in the hills and mountains. I already use a Carbon Fibre supressor on it from Thomas Lowe Defence, so would match up well.
I'M UK based. Is this possible ?

pm inbound

What's next, model wise? And are there many hoops for you to jump through in order to export, & or import them? I wouldn't want you to run afoul of the wrong bureacrats, & wreck a good thing.
That said, if you need a US based volunteer to test & evaluate them, I'll offer up my services in advance. Especially if you make something like a close cousin to the McHale, & or the T5... assuming a crate of ammo comes with the stock so that I can REALLY wring it out properly ;-)

All,

My experience with VTB was simple and painless. He shipped the stock, sent a tracking number, I could track it online, google translated the locations and status fine (entering customs processing, exiting customs processing, etc) and it showed up via US Mail at my doorstep. Very simple...he even trusted me to pay him (via $aypal, again easy, and please hold your opinions of $aypal) after I had it, range tested it, and decided I wanted it.

I can't speak for the evil empire, but from what I could find (insert I am not a lawyer disclaimer here) importing a gun stock INTO the USA is not controlled.

BL--If interested, IM VTB and you can have a stock for your 700 on its way.....

ZY

We've finished polishing molds for tactical version with A3ish foreend:
A3-51_zpsf573a33a.jpg

and recieved from CNC shop molds for tactical version with A5ish foreend:
A-5_zpsaaea399f.jpg

Hello,

I'd love it if you'd duplicate the Finnish M39 stock for the Mosin-Nagant, handguard included. It'd just make a tough rifle that much tougher.

Also, I'd be all over it if you could make one for a MkII lefty model with a heavy barrel. I'm not impressed with the wood Savage used for their BTVS model.

Regards,

Josh

Walking slowly but in right direction - we've done first cheekpiece:
01_zps7a185dbd.jpg

02_zps273dd552.jpg

Dry weight (no fill, no inserts) - 1oz.

If you can come up with one, with adjustable cheek for a savage 110 with factory varmint I will take one.

I showed the photos of your beautiful stocks to my .300 Win mag., Remington actioned HS Precision rifle and it began "quivering with anticipation" of being "mated" to one of your stocks. OOOOEEEEE!

Now for pricing on your tactical stocks. DAYMN! You Ivans do such nice work.

Expect big things with that new tactical stock. I'm sure they will be in high demand for some one after the word gets out.
Any indication on price?

OK OK. Can't resist at longer. How can I get? And how much? Rem 700 SA .308

Rootbrain

Wow these have definitely peaked my interest. Now if ony we had an email or website to look further into them...

I've been on the road for a week, and I get home to find a box from Mother Russia! Carbon Fiber Tikka T3 stock( this thing is REALLY good looking!) in hand.....I'll mount the barreled action and scope tonite.....heading to the range tomorrow!

Edit to add- it appears the Atlas BT15 forend rail will work just fine....the sling swivel studs in the stock are threaded into threaded inserts that are bonded into the stock, so I simply turned out the studs, and used the button head screws that Atlas sells to mount the rail. Now I can run my favorite bipod!

I would be pleased to read your retex about the stock mounted on the T3... ;)

These stocks are bad ass vtb. Please please make one in a 700 left hand version. I would donate a testicle on the black market for it.

Beautiful stocks!

Could you explain a bit more on how the two halves are joined, and how the barrel channel is created?

Are they formed separately, and joined after being molded - or are they molded together as 3 parts?

Cheers!

We use 3K bi-derectional prepreg.

We cook everything togeher.
there are 3 parts - two halves (left and right) and inlet (which forms barrel and action channel)
How carbon is inserted:

1. we take left half (for expample) and we consider it bottom half - we put it on the table
2. we attach inlet to this "base" half - so technically our matrix now consist of two halves.
3. after that we lay layers of carbon (+epoxy of course) - layer after layer. each layer (from matrix surface to center) is a bit longer at the edge of the matrix half.
4. we put a pressure camera (made from silicon) inside "bottom" half.
5. so the layers of carbon from p.3 now curled on the pressure camera.
6. at the same time at the "upper" half we lay layers of carbon in opposite principle - most closest to the matrix layer is up with the edge of matrix, next is shorter, next layer is shorter again.
7. we connect two halves together and after than we apply pressure inside the camera - so layers are pressed together with overlapping.

number of layers - from 3 at buttstock to 10 at the action and pistol grip area

I think a picture will explain it better:
matrix2_zps5f02f7a1.jpg

After that we push camera with 8 bar pressure and cook stock it in the owen for 8 hours: starting from 30C. temperature increase is done by steps, each step is 30C and 1 hour long.
Peak temperature is 120C and 4 hours long.
After that we remove the pressure from the internal camera and "ease" carbon by cooking it for another 8 hours at 80C

So basically each stock shell is been cooked for 16 hours from 30C to 120C and back to 30C

Anyway - feel free to ask questions - i'll try to explaiin the details.

I may have missed it somewhere but whats the lead time on the tactical version with adjustable cheek piece? Ive shot the CA stuff and looked over it pretty in depth and from the pictures this looks to be a pretty competitive option especially with a pocket in the rear. A sub 8.5lb 6.5Creedmoore is what Im after! Good looking stocks for sure! Very interested!

Thanks so much for the details - now I understand the need for your big metal molds :)

I'd love to see some more pictures of how you lay-up the carbon and mate the barrel channel component of the mold, if possible? In my head, this area is rather complex!

Do you use vacuum at all to control the amount of resin, or does the prepreg take care of the ratio?

Again, thanks for taking the time to explain - your process looks great, and the joins look beautiful.

A lot of guys have been asking about a website, though now that VTB is a sponsor, is the SH Store a possibility? That's if/when he's ready to produce and ship to the US.

It's probably been mentioned, but since these are coming from Russia, what about a Group Buy to make it worth his while?

Last edited:
Hello SH.

Regarding website - though domain name is registered i honestly don't see the urgent need to build website for the stocks right now.
All guys who may need our stocks are here. And since now there are a lot of questions regarding our stocks and technology i need to answer on them -So why build copy of SH forum?

Now we're in the following status:

1. We're sure and it was proven by numerous tests (done by more than 20 shooters in US, Russia and EU) that Remington stocks (and alike - where recoil lug is connected to the action) work great. They shoot good, group well and allow assembly\disassembly with right torque without change of parameters.
2. We're sure and it was proven by 4 testers that Blaser stocks work fine. We're found nuances of inletting the Blaser chassis inside the stock and eliminated them (that's why it was important to test it)

But

3. We're still in process on Tikka's with 50/50 positive result ratio. It means that some stocks work fine, but some start to throw shots horizontally. We think that it was the problem with recoil lug area - we've milled too wide channel to the recoil lug and recoil lug starts to "slip" left and right from one shot ot another.

And to find the exact reason for that we have to recieve feedback from testers (who recieved the stocks on pay-only-if-you-happy basis):
1. In Russia 2 stocks work fine.
2. 1 stocks is still in transit to Australia,
3. 2 Tikka's stocks are in US:
3a. "Will Fennell" had this problem and had passed our stock to his gunsmith - he should make complete bedding and test the stock after that.
3b. "timjoebobbradley" had recieved the stock but there is no answer from him regarding the results from 9th of August (actually no answer at all). I assume there is some life issues and our stock is not in prioirty and we can consider this stock lost.

So we're now assume we know how to make stocks for Tikka T3 correctly: We've redone (remodelled and CNCed the matrix) the inlet and tactical stock will be with new inlet already. We've ordered batch of titanium recoil lugs and changed the mill programm. Plus we glue recoil lugs in stock permanently.
But we'll need to assure our assumptions are correct. We'll do that with first tactical stock for Tikka T3.

Yes - we've lost money on some of the stocks but i hope it was done for the reason.

Anyway - it's your support and positive feedback is what moves us forward. Thank you for it.

Sincerely,
Valentin