• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CLOSED! **ROUND3 !!**, (100YARD), Semi-Auto, 6group, 30round SHOOTOUT!

Shot with my JP LRP-07 with front sand bag D & nothing in the rear @ 100YARDS!
Average was 0.743
Best group was 0.432
Rifle used = JP LRP-07
Barrel Length = 22"
Optics = mil/mil 3-15 Premier LT FFP
Mount = Alamo Four Star one piece QD

Shot with reloads
1xfired 6.5 CM Hornady
Remington large rifle primers
43.0 gr IMR4350
Barnes 130 gr VLD bullet
2.81" OAL
0.508 + 0.746 + 0.887 + 1.398 + 0.489 + 0.432 = 4.460 / 6 = .743 average over 6 groupings @ 5shots each / 30 total bullets:
21npjex.jpg

71snlf.jpg

t8aolj.jpg

nice run seabasshwd! nice looking rifle also! i'll get you on the boards very soon (delete your entry on shootout#2).

Had nothing else to do this afternoon and swapped some scopes around. The old OBR (pre-1000) ended up with a Vortex PST 2.5-10 FFP and I needed a quick zero. Following a few corrections I shot the following 5-shot group with 155 Sierra Palma handloads using XBR 8208. Most of us have become numb to super accurate .308 gassers, but this shot group reminds me of just how well Mark Larue nailed it back in 2010. Everytime I think about selling it for something new and shiny, a quick trip outdoors or a place like Shooter's World's indoor 100y range reminds my of just how accurate it is. I know it's not 6 groups of five, but I work too much to spend that much time on, well.... a post. I am VERY confident it would print these all day long being I have not cleaned the barrel in at least 500 rounds.

Lates,

KE

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Jan092014_7454.JPG
    Jan092014_7454.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 37
  • Jan092014_7455.JPG
    Jan092014_7455.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 41
  • Jan092014_7456.JPG
    Jan092014_7456.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 36
  • Jan092014_7464.JPG
    Jan092014_7464.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 32
Finally! One of my 2 projects arrived. Still waiting on my RRA upper to complete
the second build, but the White Oak Armament upper arrived just before I went to SHOT last week.
Took it out to the range for the first time yesterday.
Of course I'm very happy with the results, but I'll be back to try again with the regular scope on it.

bluto51

Shot on 1.23.2014
Six groups of 5 shots each = 30 shots total

Rifle: White Oak Armament Upper, JD lower, Timney trigger (3lb.), Fail Zero NiB BCG
Barrel: 24" WOA Stainless Varmint in 5.56/.223 1:8 twist
Scope: Meopta ZD 4-16X44 RD (on loan for a review)
Ammunition: Norma .223 77gr
Conditions: Gusting at 10-15 mph

.687 + 1.078 + .921 + .473 + .969 + .552 = 4.68 ÷ 6 = 0.780 ave. = 0.78 MOA

Best Group = 0.473

Best Group

30 Shot Target

White Oak 24" Varmint in 5.56/.223

P.S. My review of the Meopta ZD 4-16X44 RD is here.
On Target Review: Meopta ZD 4-16X44 RD Illuminated Mil Dot Special | Hawaii Reporter

Last edited:
now that's what I call some nice shooting my friend! i'll get you on the boards ASAP!

kick ass looking rifle also! nice look and perfect set up!

Finally! One of my 2 projects arrived. Still waiting on my RRA upper to complete
the second build, but the White Oak Armament upper arrived just before I went to SHOT last week.
Of course I'm very happy with the results, but I'll be back to try again with the regular scope on it.

bluto51

Shot on 1.23.2014
Six groups of 5 shots each = 30 shots total

Rifle: White Oak Armament Upper, JD lower, Timney trigger (3lb.), Fail Zero NiB BCG
Barrel: 24" WOA Stainless Varmint in 5.56/.223 1:8 twist
Scope: Meopta ZD 4-16X44 RD (on loan for a review)
Ammunition: Norma .223 77gr
Conditions: Gusting at 10-15 mph

.687 + 1.078 + .921 + .473 + .969 + .552 = 4.68 ÷ 6 = 0.780 ave. = 0.78 MOA

Best Group = 0.473

Best Group

30 Shot Target

White Oak 24" Varmint in 5.56/.223

P.S. My review of the Meopta ZD 4-16X44 RD is here.
On Target Review: Meopta ZD 4-16X44 RD Illuminated Mil Dot Special | Hawaii Reporter

BTW, damn close on the sub moa all day long also!

did you get the bullseye bonus tho?

elfster,

Thanks. Missed the bullseye bonus by a couple shots. You guys are lasers at 100 yards. It's
impressive to see shooters throw down aggregate scores in the half-MOA range or even below.
My hope is that there's the possibility of a better average as I settle-in behind this new rifle.
The 300 yard challenge is a must. For some reason my results are usually pretty good at that distance.

Last edited:
Just bought a 308 AR once it gets here I will be mounting my new scope and trying out this challenge.

Built on a Remington R25 Reciever set.

Bartlein barrel, 1-10 twist, M110 contour. 20", threaded 5/8x24 with thread protector
JP .936 adjustable gas block
Magpul PRS
Ergo deluxe grip
CMC trigger
Omega free float fore end
Chambered for 175 smk

20950BD8-41CD-4C1A-AC8F-05D17E9C6291.jpg

When you cluster rounds at 100y, move to 200 and attempt to pull then back in. Then 300y if equipment can hang. The fundamentals at 100 translate down range.

omg, that thing is sick!

Just bought a 308 AR once it gets here I will be mounting my new scope and trying out this challenge.

Bartlein barrel, 1-10 twist, M110 contour. 20", threaded 5/8x24 with thread protector
Magpul PRS
Ergo deluxe grip
CMC trigger
Chambered for 175 smk

bro, what "new scope" are you putting on this beast? I'm really looking forward to your entry. Lovin the rifle.

Magpul PRS
Ergo deluxe grip
CMC trigger
Chambered for 175 smk

An Hdmr 3.5-21 tremor2 in an adm recon mount . Rifle should be at my LGS this week so I hope to be able to make an entry soon after that and thanks again for the
Compliment

I have a Bartlein on my bolt guns and I've put a few of them in the lathe, the run out is minuscule and they shoot lights out. When I have the funds I'm going to cut the barrel extension off of one of my LMT barrels and put on a Bartlein and a Syrac gas block. I can't wait to see how yours shoots!

Shot this group on 2/9/2014

LMT MWS 308
Shot prone with bipod and rear bag
Ammo was 168 Hornady AMAX 168(top row) and FGMM 175 (bottom row)
Best group was 1.065
Avg group was 1.508

I am new to precision shooting so I hope this will getter better with practice. After I shot this I did some searching to find out what I could be doing wrong and learned I was "muscling" the gun. I was using a bit of pressure on my trigger hand to keep the rifle on target apparently this is very wrong so I hope to get back to the range this weekend and improve on this and work on natural point of aim and breathing.

elfster if I have missed something I need to add to this please let me know

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 31
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    726.6 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
looking good and ill get you added later today!

if possible, please change your thumbnail pics to full size pics like everyone else.. just edit your existing entry.

Shot this group on 2/9/2014

LMT MWS 308
Shot prone with bipod and rear bag
Ammo was 168 Hornady AMAX 168(top row) and FGMM 175 (bottom row)
Best group was 1.065
Avg group was 1.508

I am new to precision shooting so I hope this will getter better with practice. After I shot this I did some searching to find out what I could be doing wrong and learned I was "muscling" the gun. I was using a bit of pressure on my trigger hand to keep the rifle on target apparently this is very wrong so I hope to get back to the range this weekend and improve on this and work on natural point of aim and breathing.

elfster if I have missed something I need to add to this please let me know

Today I took my newest acquisition, a Les Baer thunder ranch out for the first time. This rifle has a half moa guarantee from the factory, and two 1/4moa test targets to validate its chops. I didn't quite get there today, but feel confident with some new hand loads, I'll get into the 1/2 minute club eventually. The gun is temporarily wearing a primary arms 4-14, which isn't a bad scope, but not exactly what I had in mind for this rifle. Also used was a gg&g bipod and wotg sand sock.

The rifle itself worked great. It came out of the box with its carry handle perfectly zeroed, of course I took that off immediately. The included 20 round magazine was total garbage though, with the last round of every mag failing to feed, the bolt failing to lock open, and the last round dropping free with the mag when dropped. No problems were encountered with lancer or magpul mags.

Finally, because this is a new rifle, I wanted to see what it liked. I accordingly shot groups with three different hand loads utilizing the 77 grain nosler. The cfe223 loaded at 223 velocity was a clear winner, while my usual go to 556 pressure tac load was pretty disappointing. Although not pictured, it also shot some Norma match 77 smk into about .7 moa (2 5 shot groups). I could obviously post a much better score by repeating with only the favored load.

Ronnl001/Les Baer thunder ranch ar15/.596+.625+.965+1.023+1.168+1.392"/6=.9615" = .918 MOA AVERAGE.

Edited to add: I couldn't load my bipod at all on the bench I was shooting from. I think this also may have contribute to my groups opening up, as I have a lot harder time being consistent without some loading of the gun due to shooting fatigue.

Last edited:
Dude! Thats awesome! Ill get you on the boards when i get home. Im currently writing this post chillin next to the ocean on my ipad in the dominincan republic / punta cana. Fuck that negative 40 shit in wisconsin right now! Currently loaded off my ass checking out the hot bitches walking the beach. Thank god for wifi and tits!

Today I took my newest acquisition, a Les Baer thunder ranch out for the first time. This rifle has a half moa guarantee from the factory, and two 1/4moa test targets to validate its chops. I didn't quite get there today, but feel confident with some new hand loads, I'll get into the 1/2 minute club eventually. The gun is temporarily wearing a primary arms 4-14, which isn't a bad scope, but not exactly what I had in mind for this rifle. Also used was a gg&g bipod and wotg sand sock.

The rifle itself worked great. It came out of the box with its carry handle perfectly zeroed, of course I took that off immediately. The included 20 round magazine was total garbage though, with the last round of every mag failing to feed, the bolt failing to lock open, and the last round dropping free with the mag when dropped. No problems were encountered with lancer or magpul mags.

Finally, because this is a new rifle, I wanted to see what it liked. I accordingly shot groups with three different hand loads utilizing the 77 grain nosler. The cfe223 loaded at 223 velocity was a clear winner, while my usual go to 556 pressure tac load was pretty disappointing. Although not pictured, it also shot some Norma match 77 smk into about .7 moa (2 5 shot groups). I could obviously post a much better score by repeating with only the favored load.

Ronnl001/Les Baer thunder ranch ar15/.596+.625+.965+1.023+1.168+1.392"/6=.9615" = .918 MOA AVERAGE.

My wife and I spent our honeymoon in punta Cana. Loved the tiki hut airport and the topless euro girls!

Receivers: Mega Billet
Barrel: Krieger 20" SS 1:7.7 DCM pre-ban (has around 50 rounds on it now)
Trigger: Geissele HS NM
Bipod: Harris S series
Rear Bag: Red Tac bean bag
Scope: Millet TRS-1 4-16x50
Mount: RRA Cantilever 30mm
Stock: Standard A2

Load:

Top row of three: 25.6gr 2000mr / 77gr SMK / Rem 7 1/2 / LC brass (.43 MOA ave)
Bottom row of three: 25.9gr 2000mr / 77gr SMK / Rem 7 1/2 / LC brass (.598 MOA ave including the two self-inflicted bad shots in the middle)

Average: .556" / .53 moa
Best: .365" / .35 moa
Worst: .902" / .87 moa

I screwed up my fifth group because my buddy started lighting off his ak right next to me, and consequently sprayed my paper on accident, got me flinching, blah blah blah. I'll try it to shoot a sub 1/2 moa average again when I have time, but I'm trying to get ready for the regional match in 4 weeks and probably won't be shooting this rifle again until after that.

Last edited:
RONN, I got ya on the boards. sorry for taking so long. I was on vaca. looking good my friend!

Edited to add: I couldn't load my bipod at all on the bench I was shooting from. I think this also may have contribute to my groups opening up, as I have a lot harder time being consistent without some loading of the gun due to shooting fatigue.

heydogman
Rifle:dpms lr .243
Barrel:Krieger ss bull 23"
Scope:Sightron 24x
Mount:Warne
Bullet:Berger 68gFBHP
Average:.3755
Best Group: .350
.376+.440+.368+.352+.367+.350=Avg .3755

Once again went out with three different brass/primer combinations.Norma with Tulas.Lapua Palma with Rem 7 1/2.Lapua Palma with CCI 450.Still undecided as which is the best.

DSCF3382_zps96e8a0ed.jpg

DSCF3370_zps51517388.jpg

DSCF3384_zpsfb0cafc1.jpg

DSCF3381_zpsc2e47284.jpg

DSCF3386_zps9e9dc266.jpg

DSCF3385_zps49924e1f.jpg

DSCF3383_zpsec3cf7e9.jpg

Last edited:
holy shit dude!!!!! you just shot .5moa all day long and cleared it by a long shot! and was only two bullet holes short of the grand prize .375 all day long! wow, just amazing... just amazing! your reloading and shooting skills are amazing.. and the rifle doesn't hurt one bit ;)

Kick ass job like usual and i'll get you updated this very second! Please post a pic of your rifle with your existing entry if possible.

heydogman
Rifle:dpms lr .243
Barrel:Krieger ss bull 23"
Scope:Sightron 24x
Mount:Warne
Bullet:Berger 68gFBHP
Average:.3755
Best Group: .350
.376+.440+.368+.352+.367+.350=Avg .3755

Once again went out with three different brass/primer combinations.Norma with Tulas.Lapua Palma with Rem 7 1/2.Lapua Palma with CCI 450.Still undecided as which is the best.

DSCF3382_zps96e8a0ed.jpg

DSCF3370_zps51517388.jpg

DSCF3384_zpsfb0cafc1.jpg

DSCF3381_zpsc2e47284.jpg

DSCF3386_zps9e9dc266.jpg

DSCF3385_zps49924e1f.jpg

DSCF3383_zpsec3cf7e9.jpg

Are we allowed to shoot our groups similar like we shot for score in bench rest to correct for wind???

It has been many years since I was playing with the bench rest guys. We used to shoot group size at 100 & 200 yards. We also shot for score at the same distances except we shot at a different kind of target. I could not find the exact one we used, but you can use this one to play with. I put a black dot in the center of the green circle which is a little smaller then 1/8". The object is to touch the black dot in the center with one bullet on each target. We used the lower right target as your sighting target which you could shoot at it as many times as needed. The target here is on an 8+1/2" X 11" paper.

OK now that you have the target set up at 100 yds. and are sighted in and ready to shoot for the black dot. The lower right target is used to help you with the wind. FIRST shoot at the lower right dot and lets say your bullet hits just outside the green at 5 o'clock. Then you immediately aim at 10 o'clock the same distance outside the green and shoot. If everything is going well your first bullet for score will hit the black dot. (GREAT). Then you aim and shoot at the dot in the lower right target and note where the bullet hits. If it hits the black dot you immediately aim at the black dot on the next blank target. Then you repeat this on the other 3 blank targets. Hitting a Dot is an "X" which are the tie breakers. This will also help you keep your groups 1/2" or less. The wind can move your bullet 3/4".

You need a very accurate rifle to hit all 5 black dots. The one I was shooting at the time is a 6mm Norma BR. and would consistently shoot in the low .1" groups. I only hit 5 for 5 dots once at 100 yds. and 5 for 5 at 200 yds. once. I have hit 4 for 5 at each range quite a few times though.

If you hit the GREEN it equals 10 points and if you hit a Dot you get 10+1X. That is how it is scored. If my memory is lacking please correct me. Thanks.

If the "Accuracy Nut" above had shot at his twenty 1/2" dots using this system to overcome the wind he had a much better chance of hitting all 20 target "DOTS".

White Oak Armament « Accuracy Nut ? The quest for the highest firearm accuracy possible

The NRA has the target we used, but I could not find it.

Attachments

• TARGET +6 .jpg
    TARGET +6 .jpg
    3 KB · Views: 31
I went to the rifle range with my girlfriend today on a nice spring day & to have her run my shootout challenge. Mind you she has never shot a rifle before. I gave her some pointers on how to use the rear sandbag, how to cut the round circle target into 4pcs of pie with the crosshair, don't move your scope view once you commit to your shots, keep an eye on scope shadow, blah blah blah and either she is a natural talent behind an AR rifle or we all need to get our shit together. She ended up in BOTH the top 10 with a .989" sub-moa average AND with a .646" best group! Damn, she almost kicked my ass! LOL! She was using my rock river arms 20" varmint that I just purchased that has only 35 rounds down the tube before we started with our groups. I think both the rifle and the girlfriend are a keeper!

I wasn't able to improve my average, but was able to improve my best single just a tad. Regardless, and sorry to say. My girlfriend just kicked some of you off the top ten and got 9th place! Damn!

Harris bipod front / rear sand bag
Rifle used = ROCK RIVER ARMS VARMINT
Barrel Length / Type = 20" SS BULL
Optics = moa/moa 4-16x50 vortex viper FFP
Mount = LARUE QD LT158

Shot with my reloads 55grn vmax with 24grns varget & cci primers

elfster1234's GF:
average = .989"
best single group = .646"
IMG_20140408_165931_zps27173ff6.jpg

IMG_8864_zps8f330511.jpg

elfster1234:
average = .852"
best single group = .511"
IMG_8861_zpsc3d9dbbe.jpg

rifle used, 20" bull barrel rock river varmint with vortex 4-16 FFP
IMG_8221_zpse578e531.jpg

Last edited:
Thats some good shooting!!! BUT it helps back my theory that i've been thinking for a long time...That when shooting groups at 100 yards, it has MUCH more to do with rifle/ammo than it does the shooter.

ETA: Elfster, i saw that you were in the DR...That place is awesome!!! I actually married a Dominican girl and now have a nice place down there and all. Wwhenever i'm stateside im constantly dreaming of the DR. Message me next time your down there.

Last edited:
Hey Elfster, what's it take to get my name on the list? Did I miss something?

Yes and no... I honestly think that at 100yards its 40%rifle, 40%shooter, and 20%ammo... The further you go past 100yards, the more the shooter% increases due to wind and mirage..... So far tho, yes..... This shootout thread should give a solid idea if a rifle manufacture is worth the money or not IMO.... Is it perfect? No..... Have i seen better real world info from regular joes like myself enough to give me an idea what to expect if i purchase a rifle from said manufacture? Maybe not but you would be hard pressed to find better real world info anywhere else on the net.

Thats some good shooting!!! BUT it helps back my theory that i've been thinking for a long time...That when shooting groups at 100 yards, it has MUCH more to do with rifle/ammo than it does the shooter.

ETA: Elfster, i saw that you were in the DR...That place is awesome!!! I actually married a Dominican girl and now have a nice place down there and all. Wwhenever i'm stateside im constantly dreaming of the DR. Message me next time your down there.

Not trying to be a dick. Your trigger happy ak47 friend needs to get an AR10! So he is not spraying the entire range down with with 7.62 bullets :)

Ah no worries man. It's all good. I'd love to be able to have time to shoot groups with my fun gun AND get in my practice time with my service rifle AND work up loads for all of my guns that I haven't even shot yet, but right now it's all work until I get my high master card. I'll be back, and I'll have that top spot. Just wait. ;-)

Edit: I tried to sell my buddy on a big frame AR and he just said "I'll just borrow one of yours" lol.

Last edited:
I realize that it is hard to photograph the calipers showing the group sizes, but they look like the measurements are from outside to outside. Do you subtract the caliber from the outside measurement to give a center to center size of the group measurements?

you can either zero out the calipers on the bullet used and measure outside to outside,,,, or measure outside to outside and deduct the caliber width

I realize that it is hard to photograph the calipers showing the group sizes, but they look like the measurements are from outside to outside. Do you subtract the caliber from the outside measurement to give a center to center size of the group measurements?

I am just one or two range trips away from being ready to post some groups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's my entry, shot today with my 16" LaRue OBR. I had an 18mph wind gusting to 35 from the 8o'clock. I had paper targets, but the wind kept blowing them off so I cut off the side of a clay pigeon box and used that.There were turret adjustments made between group 1 and 2 and between 2 and 3. All groups shot with the YHM Ti can, Harris Bipod, and Accushot rear monopod. Load was 178gr Hormady Amax, 43.3gr Varget, CCI BR primer, FC brass, loaded to mag length. By my math, it comes to a 0.798" avg. This rifle has shot better groups... and worse, but it was pretty consistent today.

1614afc9-c489-4822-a221-be37aaf6f397_zps89fd578d.jpg

2ECB2A0A-9572-4658-B42D-9DDDD42ACFBE_zps2cirvoyb.jpg

Here is the stick
82377A32-FF0F-46B9-AB10-9A23AE34DCB2-1499-0000040C2075F32C_zpsdb7cd64a.jpg

Edit: I just realized that it looks like there is a bullet hole in the second "0" of the 0.550". It is not and I can take better pic of it if needed.

Last edited: