• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

co-ax press primer station?

bug guy

Private
Minuteman
Jun 24, 2012
ca
will the co-ax primer station on top of the press work with larger magnum rifle primers?...ordered one to load up some .338 lapua stuff or should I be looking at another primer seating option..Thanks

Yup, it will work just fine. Slow but sure. There are faster ways to prime and some of the hand held tools are as fast as any. Also RCBS makes a priming tool that's one of the best.

You have to watch the case length, but I primed 300WM on my B2. If you have a B3 or the longer yoke mod, you should be fine. Personally, I use my Lee Hand Auto-Prime.

I have used mine for my 30-30, but only when my RCBS hand tool is set up for something else and I just need to run a few 30-30's quick. It seems to work pretty well but it is kind of slow, having to pick and place each primer one at a time. And the set-up is not my idea of a great system, not sure how to make sure everything is centered but I'm close enough it works.

I used it on the 338 Lapua cases and it worked fine. Had to use it cuz the cases wouldn't fit in my RCBS hand tool...