• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Confederacy snowflakes

Here are some questions:

If the Civil War had not happened, when and how would slavery had been abolished?

If it were not for the fact that the Southern economy depended heavily on the cheap labor of enslaved peoples, would there have been a Civil War?

Philosophically, is slavery a moral activity, and/or can it be engaged in humanely and ethically?

I agree with J-Huskey. Wasn't alive then and had nothing to do with slavery or segregation/discrimination since. I enjoy history and can accept that the world is a complex place with lots of good and bad. I can read history with an objective point of view and have no problem accepting painful "truth" when the evidence dictates. The civil war being one of them. Also, this is the biggie, I choose what I allow to offend me. Something that happened over 150 years ago is generally not one of them. It is difficult for me to understand how anyone could accept slavery then or now. But that was a different time. For those with fair sensibilities, here is something that will probably fry your circuits, slavery is still practiced today.

My great grandfather and his six brothers all fought in the civil war--all for the Confederacy. They were all poor farmers. None owned a single slave. I was raised in the South in my grandfather's home (the son of that great grandfather) where blacks were respected, the N-word was never used or allowed, the family voted Republican, and we went to church. Don't visit my reloading room, you will be offended--I have the Stars and Bars on my wall. I'm not offended by that flag or the side my ancestors fought on. I don't look at the world through the prism of prejudice or discrimination.

The North had no problem acquiring wealth through the raw products produced by slaves or the services provided by slaves. The shipping companies that shipped the slaves from Africa to America were owed by Northerners, those same ships carried finished products to Europe/Africa before picking up another load of slaves. Lastly, after slavery was abolished in the North, what happened to all of those slaves? Released to freedom? No--they were sold to new owners in South America. Ever wondered how there are black Hispanics when the indigenous groups had brown/red complexions? Well, now you know. Also, the North was far from hospitable to escaped slaves.

No one, no matter the side, has clean hands when it comes slavery and what is happening today with regard to race relations. One thing I am certain, slavery is not the cause. Politics-- policy that has destroyed the Black family and encouraged irresponsible behavior, along with the glorification of those who succeed through crime have done what slavery never could. Getting fathers back into Black homes, teaching respect for one's self, setting standards/expectations, and encouraging education/job training would go a long way to improving the plight of Black youth. All of us would benefit by putting God back in the pubic square.

If you are going to post on this forum at least doing a little historical reading before you post. That is unless you are just trying to stir up stuff or trying to make yourself feel morally superior. Not a good look for you.

Here are some questions:

If the Civil War had not happened, when and how would slavery had been abolished?

If it were not for the fact that the Southern economy depended heavily on the cheap labor of enslaved peoples, would there have been a Civil War?

Philosophically, is slavery a moral activity, and/or can it be engaged in humanely and ethically?
Another question...

If the south left the union over any other perceived issue... would there have still been a civil war?

Reactions: Dewey7271
What exactly doesn’t the flag represent today?

Because no one I’ve ever talked to who flies a confederate flag agrees with racism, white supremacy, or agrees that slavery wasn’t a good thing.

Most people see it as a symbol of “southern pride” in general..

Just because some assholes use the flag at kkk protests doesn’t change the meaning of the flag or change what it’s represents..... that’s like saying the American flag is racist because the KKK also flies it at their rallies
The Stars and bars were virtually unused until brought back by the KKK. I am happy to consider any evidence that it was actually flown prior to then. How does it represent Southern pride? The time to reclaim it from the KKK is long past. Now we are defending the Betsy Ross from false claims of racism.

Reactions: LucasTNT
I agree with J-Huskey. Wasn't alive then and had nothing to do with slavery or segregation/discrimination since. I enjoy history and can accept that the world is a complex place with lots of good and bad. I can read history with an objective point of view and have no problem accepting painful "truth" when the evidence dictates. The civil war being one of them. Also, this is the biggie, I choose what I allow to offend me. Something that happened over 150 years ago is generally not one of them. It is difficult for me to understand how anyone could accept slavery then or now. But that was a different time. For those with fair sensibilities, here is something that will probably fry your circuits, slavery is still practiced today.

My great grandfather and his six brothers all fought in the civil war--all for the Confederacy. They were all poor farmers. None owned a single slave. I was raised in the South in my grandfather's home (the son of that great grandfather) where blacks were respected, the N-word was never used or allowed, the family voted Republican, and we went to church. Don't visit my reloading room, you will be offended--I have the Stars and Bars on my wall. I'm not offended by that flag or the side my ancestors fought on. I don't look at the world through the prism of prejudice or discrimination.

The North had no problem acquiring wealth through the raw products produced by slaves or the services provided by slaves. The shipping companies that shipped the slaves from Africa to America were owed by Northerners, those same ships carried finished products to Europe/Africa before picking up another load of slaves. Lastly, after slavery was abolished in the North, what happened to all of those slaves? Released to freedom? No--they were sold to new owners in South America. Ever wondered how there are black Hispanics when the indigenous groups had brown/red complexions? Well, now you know. Also, the North was far from hospitable to escaped slaves.

No one, no matter the side, has clean hands when it comes slavery and what is happening today with regard to race relations. One thing I am certain, slavery is not the cause. Politics-- policy that has destroyed the Black family and encouraged irresponsible behavior, along with the glorification of those who succeed through crime have done what slavery never could. Getting fathers back into Black homes, teaching respect for one's self, setting standards/expectations, and encouraging education/job training would go a long way to improving the plight of Black youth. All of us would benefit by putting God back in the pubic square.

If you are going to post on this forum at least doing a little historical reading before you post. That is unless you are just trying to stir up stuff or trying to make yourself feel morally superior. Not a good look for you.
OK, my first deliberately snarky comment--it does not look as if you read my posts.

I fully support anyone’s right to display the Stars and Bars—and all of everyone’s Constitutional rights. I just hate what that flag is used to represent today. The fact that slavery once was legal does not mean that it ever was right or that those who held slaves were right to do so.

Trying to change minds about that flag is my attempt to move us away from that past.

Best of luck to you on that.
Hasn't been any real success on that by organized professionals.
Theres a dragon/windmill over there you will have better luck moving with cutlass and lance.
Best, and VR

MY Flag !

20200613_132102.jpg

Have a good day.

The Stars and bars were virtually unused until brought back by the KKK. I am happy to consider any evidence that it was actually flown prior to then. How does it represent Southern pride? The time to reclaim it from the KKK is long past. Now we are defending the Betsy Ross from false claims of racism.
Brought back by which KKK..... do you have any proof it was the KKK that made it popular?

Reactions: Yasherka
Several years ago my state voted to change our State flag which contains the Stars and Bars. The vote was not even close.
Today our legislature is at it again. Hardly anyone flies it. Not Ole Miss, not Mississippi Sate, the city of Tupelo, and many other cities. If I were black, I would not want my child to walk under it and be reminded that families were often separated and sold, maybe never to see it other again. To me this was the ugliest part of slavery.
I'm ok with changing our flag, but as long as my fellow rednecks want it, it stays. If the citizens of Mississippi offends you, stay the hell out of my State.

Reactions: Jscb1b
Several years ago my state voted to change our State flag which contains the Stars and Bars. The vote was not even close.
Today our legislature is at it again. Hardly anyone flies it. Not Ole Miss, not Mississippi Sate, the city of Tupelo, and many other cities. If I were black, I would not want my child to walk under it and be reminded that families were often separated and sold, maybe never to see it other again. To me this was the ugliest part of slavery.
I'm ok with changing our flag, but as long as my fellow rednecks want it, it stays. If the citizens of Mississippi offends you, stay the hell out of my State.

Well to which end do we take this?...tear down the pyramids?...the Colosseum?....

Why is it just the confederate flag?....did the us not benefit from slavery before the war?.... is the US flag racist and needs to be replaced?

Well to which end do we take this?...tear down the pyramids?...the Colosseum?....

Why is it just the confederate flag?....did the us not benefit from slavery before the war?.... is the US flag racist and needs to be replaced?
Oh these types of idiots would fly the pee-EU flag, or communist flag instead.

I haven’t been to Mississippi but would like to visit. I’ve heard it is beautiful and I’m sure I could learn a lot. And my self-preservation instinct would kick in to keep my mouth shut. I wonder how much of the vote was resistance to being told what to do.

Brought back by which KKK..... do you have any proof it was the KKK that made it popular?
It is widely understood to have been promoted by the KKK during the civil rights movement in the 1950s.

What is there to elaborate on, you barfed up a load of weapons grade bullshitium.
So, no then? You haven’t contributed to the conversation at all—just sniped from the sidelines.

I have as much evidence that the flag wasn’t “virtually unused” as you do in proving that it was. I do know however that there was, and still is an enormous amount of southern pride. So logic dictates that the stars and bars flew in the south far after the civil war and long before the KKK. He’ll look at state flags as proof if you must.

It is a representation as southern pride in the fact that an organized group of states exercised their freedom to stand up to the powers that held them down and said, “no thanks. And if you won’t take our no thanks then to hell with you.” There has not been anything close to that in 160 years in this country.

Reactions: mardad and vh20
I have as much evidence that the flag wasn’t “virtually unused” as you do in proving that it was. I do know however that there was, and still is an enormous amount of southern pride. So logic dictates that the stars and bars flew in the south far after the civil war and long before the KKK. He’ll look at state flags as proof if you must.

It is a representation as southern pride in the fact that an organized group of states exercised their freedom to stand up to the powers that held them down and said, “no thanks. And if you won’t take our no thanks then to hell with you.” There has not been anything close to that in 160 years in this country.
The two flags closest in appearance to any used by the Confederacy are Georgia's and Mississippi's. Georgia's first was adopted in 1956 and replaced briefly in 2001, and then again in 2003 by a less objectionable flag still related to the Confederacy--definitely a push back to the civil rights movement. Mississippi's was adopted in 1894, so not a modern f/u to civil rights.

I haven’t been to Mississippi but would like to visit. I’ve heard it is beautiful and I’m sure I could learn a lot. And my self-preservation instinct would kick in to keep my mouth shut. I wonder how much of the vote was resistance to being told what to do.
Don't worry, you would be welcomed!

The two flags closest in appearance to any used by the Confederacy are Georgia's and Mississippi's. Georgia's first was adopted in 1956 and replaced briefly in 2001, and then again in 2003 by a less objectionable flag still related to the Confederacy--definitely a push back to the civil rights movement. Mississippi's was adopted in 1894, so not a modern f/u to civil rights.
You forgot South Carolina!

Reactions: Lapuapalooza
I don't think the "Stars and Bars," or what ever you want to call the Southern flag, should be on a state flag. That is as far as I am willing to go. Revisionist history is no history at all. As I have posted, when all of the statues are removed and all of the streets and military bases remained, what next? The same problems are going to remain. Who/what is the next target, and the next... This bunch of ill-educated rabble even defaced the Massachusetts 54th monument a few days ago. Think someone should tell them it was a black regiment from the Union Army??? Nah. Not me.

• Love
Reactions: Fig and j-huskey
By the way, the last known lynching in Mississippi was about 1930, about 25 miles east of Ole Miss. Four young black men/boys were in a small community (Etta sometimes called Rocky Ford) They came to the outside well for a drink and rest from logging. One of the boys/men made a comment that was not well received by a white girl/lady. The boys ran and were tracked down by blood hounds. They were taken into custody by the sheriff of Union County.
The boys were taken to the hospital in New Albany, where the girl was hospitalized from her trama. She identified the one who offended her and he alone was taken to the Union County Jail. Later in the day, a mob was forming so the sheriff loaded the boy in his car and attempted to carry him to the adjoining county for safety, image that!
The mob got ahead of the sheriff and blocked the road. The sheriff backed up and headed to Lafayette County (Ole Miss). The mob blocked the sheriff on a bridge and took the boy/man. He was taken back to the site of the offense and burned alive!
As a young man, I'd heard of this scar on my state, but learned more details by reading two students from Ole Miss thesis. Today NOBODY will be kinder or more helpful to you if you are in need!

All I know is that I am so very happy to not have my past generation’s relatives antics brought up every day and rubbed in my face like I had anything to do with it. They raped, pillaged, looted, killed and kidnapped people everywhere they went. My relatives were Norse Vikings and I make no apologies for them. It’s not my fault that I’m genetically more inclined to bludgeon you with an axe than argue over semantics....

Unlike if you were to wander into libtard territory with a confederate flag, or a MAGA hat.
Are you kidding? I take my life in my hands wearing a red Alta ball cap in my neighborhood.

The flag of the Confederate States of America is the flag of traitors and rebels. Period.

If you want to fly a flag of losers....then...what does that make you? A loser.
Question:

What about folks that fly their nation's flag on our soil? For example, Mexican flag. They lost to us in the U.S./Mexico War (which was before the Civil War, btw) and the terms of their surrender are detailed in the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo.

Are they losers for flying their flag on OUR soil?

I know if I was residing in a foreign country, I wouldn't fly my home nation's flag because I believe it to be disrespectful as I would be a guest on their soil.

The flag of the Confederate States of America is the flag of traitors and rebels. Period.

I don't know your home state, but chances are it is not sinless. You are calling me and the citizens of Mississippi losers? Could it be you have some insecurity issues?

Where do you fucking people come from....its rhetorical, I know full well.

Aw....you are correcting us on the stars and bars actually being square....yes...I know.
It's as if you are saying a rectangular version doesn't exist.....honestly, I didnt read all your drivel. I also didnt read all this thread.
But I do know fucking history. I also know what my elders told me.
The rectangular stars and bars is a Second Confederate Navy Jack.
Oh...and thanks for the history lesson.

Reactions: Lapuapalooza
Question:

What about folks that fly their nation's flag on our soil? For example, Mexican flag. They lost to us in the U.S./Mexico War (which was before the Civil War, btw) and the terms of their surrender are detailed in the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo.

Are they losers for flying their flag on OUR soil?

I know if I was residing in a foreign country, I wouldn't fly my home nation's flag because I believe it to be disrespectful as I would be a guest on their soil.
I wouldn’t fly my flag in a foreign country either. On the hand, I’m glad I live in a country where people can fly other countries’ flags even if I disagree with them.

Many in this thread should study the average price of a slave in the early 1800s.
The last list I saw historically quoted the cheapest purchase was 1000 bucks.
Make me a list of the percentage of the population that could afford this.
This would be considered a clue.
While we are at it give me a run down of what happened to the slaves north of the mason dixon line
before during and after the civil war.
Might check the numbers being taken from Europe to africa against the ones headed towards
the americas.
How many angles can we beat this drum to what ends?
Might check to see where they are still selling them a minute ago.
Only prudent thing to do if we are truly interested in the slave issue...

R

Here are some questions:

In all likelihood, the practice of slavery would have been greatly diminished (if not outright eliminated) by technology.

No, and fucking hell no. It's impossible to engaged in the practice without depriving a man of his God-given rights.

When the southern states left the union was it illegal/ against the Constitution?
What charges were brought against the president of the Confederate States? Why?

You regurgitate this BS so I assume you have facts to back up your input?
I sincerely hope you are not lashing out because of feelings.

In all likelihood, the practice of slavery would have been greatly diminished (if not outright eliminated) by technology.

I don't really agree with the idea that slavery ends as technology advances simply because of technology. I am pretty sure that slavery only ends when society sees it as the criminal act it is. I am sure there are lots of uses that people could find for slaves in a technology advanced society that would be profitable enough to warrant keeping them, so that idea is totally baseless to me. The cotton gin being one example it made work easier for low skilled slaves to accomplish.

Socially has advanced a bit since the confederacy some of you need to let it go what Epstein was doing is exactly what most southern plantation owners were enjoying every day.

My point is that all this matters not.

Mostly I don’t fucking care.

The war is over. Anyone who wants to revise history and ignore those lessons are doomed to repeat it.

My ancestors were indentured servants. So what?

I never owned slaves and neither did you.

Get over it.

I moved to Alabama from the North to get away from liberal assholes.

When the southern states left the union was it illegal/ against the Constitution?

I don't know if Jeff Davis was ever charged with anything. I do know he wasn't prosecuted because that would have most likely resulted in the courts confirming that the State's have the right to freely leave the union.

I'm only aware of one side disregarding the Constitution in that mess.

That "stars and bars" mean something to a lot of people. Like, people who have cultivated the same patch of land and have grown up on it and raised families their whole lives. It is also home to a certain blend of music and folk instruments that possesses real medicinal and healing properties. Tread carefully around such subject matter,

That's all...

And some of us look back at our ancestors who owned land, were prosperous and did not own slaves, but lost everything to carpet baggers. That annual trip to the graveyards to view the headstones of grandfathers, uncles and cousins inscribed with a Confederacy reference is about a historical perspective, not an "us vs them" hatred.

I think this strays from the spirit of this thread's genesis, which is "it is all about meeee!". Having said that, the Confederacy was never charged with anything and the legal battle was over the right of states to secede or not. Does the Declaration of Independence confer the right of revolution and/or secession to states? Where does the CONUS address secession? How do the Articles of Confederation bolster the argument of one side or the other? That is what was decided in Texas v White. The whole thing is very much worth a read. Undertaking this effort is highly anti-Snowflake.

I don't see anything wrong with @LucasTNT calling people losers. Pretty much my entire life I have enjoyed the sport of insult hurling. My favorite humorists are masters of it (Samuel Clemens and Ambrose Bierce being practical deities of the art) and my closest friends are all cringe-worthy characters.

However, doing so with neither humor nor some argued position just makes you Don Lemon or Sean Hannity. But that is hardly the most disappointing part. The Snowflake's self-absorbed cries of anguish never, ever connect with the actual horrors of those shameful moments in US history upon which we should reflect. Be it slavery, the Civil War, The Trail of Tears, or many others that the WaPo does not currently find fashionable enough to glom onto. In fact, the effort is one of historical disassociation by extinguishing any artifact that may lend some perspective on what actually took place.

Sniffing the winds of Twitter for what aromatic social cause to take a whiff of then demonstrate that you are suffering the same plight of some plundered people by regurgitating whatever you favorite celebrity already vomited does not make you one with all those who have suffered being shuffled through a slave market or starved and frozen on a death march from your ancestral homelands. It does makes you a useful idiot, however.

Of course there is more than one level of hell. That video @SmileMaker posted is the worst form of political division. While the Snowflake has spinelessly confused principles with an inclination for social acceptance, The Lincoln Project simply takes the position of moral superiority based on the score (body count) at the end of game (Civil War). We won and they are losers. This is Ford vs Chevy except we don't drink beer together at the end of the day, and then argue about whose beer is more faggy. We vilify and shun one another. This trash of a video intends exactly such an outcome.

Last edited:
There are black slaves being sold at market in Libya TODAY, FUCKING TODAY; not 150 years ago, TODAY! Protests? Anger? Crickets. You are fucking hypocrite scum.

You communist fucks could give a shit about slavery or black people. You ARE the people you claim to hate. You haven’t changed one fucking bit.

After we took away all the Democrat‘s slaves and tried to reunite the country it was thwarted both by reconstruction as punishment and the KKK as a reaction to it. Once we overcame that shit show and integrated society it was then rent asunder and segregated by another wonderful Democrat, Woodrow Wilson. Then, in the 1950s and 1960s when Republicans were finally going to heal this wound again and finally integrate and make things equal, another wonderful Democrat, Lyndon Johnson, and a Democrat supermajority reinstituted slavery with the passage of The Great Society, which clearly did not include black people. They were rewarded for broken homes, dependency, and all manner of culture crushing “help”. Precisely according to plan this horrendous relationship has the junkie voting for the pusherman in perpetuity. Even with open and institutional racism on their necks the black population in the 1940s and 50s was not so horribly far behind the white population in every metric.

After 1965 it all started to plummet and went to hell. What the fuck do you think happened? You think integration, the end of Jim Crow, and full rights as an equal citizen caused this? Wake the fuck up. This was DONE to Black America by the same people who enslaved then, then segregated them, and then reenslaved them AGAIN!

Black people have every reason to be furious, but they’re mad at the wrong people. They should be burning their true enemy! They should be killing ANTIFA, and the Democrats who did this to them!

It would take their little communist revolution to finally sweep this shit away. I sincerely hope they’re successful and they really get everything they want. My Uncle Stupid trained me to kill communists. It’s always been what I’ve been best at and most wanted to do. Little did I know that in my middle aged they would all of a sudden start comMing to me! Domestic fucking terrorists and enemies of ALL Americans.

There are black slaves being sold at market in Libya TODAY, FUCKING TODAY; not 150 years ago, TODAY! Protests? Anger? Crickets. You are fucking hypocrite scum.

You communist fucks could give a shit about slavery or black people. You ARE the people you claim to hate. You haven’t changed one fucking bit.

After we took away all the Democrat‘s slaves and tried to reunite the country it was thwarted both by reconstruction as punishment and the KKK as a reaction to it. Once we overcame that shit show and integrated society it was then rent asunder and segregated by another wonderful Democrat, Woodrow Wilson. Then, in the 1950s and 1960s when Republicans were finally going to heal this wound again and finally integrate and make things equal, another wonderful Democrat, Lyndon Johnson, and a Democrat supermajority reinstituted slavery with the passage of The Great Society, which clearly did not include black people. They were rewarded for broken homes, dependency, and all manner of culture crushing “help”. Precisely according to plan this horrendous relationship has the junkie voting for the pusherman in perpetuity. Even with open and institutional racism on their necks the black population in the 1940s and 50s was not so horribly far behind the white population in every metric.

After 1965 it all started to plummet and went to hell. What the fuck do you think happened? You think integration, the end of Jim Crow, and full rights as an equal citizen caused this? Wake the fuck up. This was DONE to Black America by the same people who enslaved then, then segregated them, and then reenslaved them AGAIN!

Black people have every reason to be furious, but they’re mad at the wrong people. They should be burning their true enemy! They should be killing ANTIFA, and the Democrats who did this to them!

It would take their little communist revolution to finally sweep this shit away. I sincerely hope they’re successful and they really get everything they want. My Uncle Stupid trained me to kill communists. It’s always been what I’ve been best at and most wanted to do. Little did I know that in my middle aged they would all of a sudden start comMing to me! Domestic fucking terrorists and enemies of ALL Americans.

giphy.gif

That's the problem, it doesn't end with just that flag. The perpetually butt-hurt lefties out there will find something else to be offended by, and this will continue ad nauseum until the people who live in the real world quit paying attention to them.

Here you are railing with your facts and shit.
You've left out the feels and the loads of horse shit the celebs have parroted.
Instead of the trash taking itself out it willingly walks to the compactor.

R

Thats what the 1619 Project is about.

Reactions: Fig

Well said

To add.... don't forget about that "institutional racism" where, after the passage of the 1994 Crime Bill spearheaded by Biden, signed by Clinton, disproportionately punished blacks for crack and a whole bunch of other issues.........

To me, the Confederate flag means independence and freedom from leftist tyranny. Only an idiot believes the Civil War was fought primarily over slavery. It was fought over state's rights. And the Confederacy was 100% right on that count. All the bullshit unconstitutional federal government over reach came as a result of the Civil War.

The more leftists/communists say I cannot fly the flag, the more determined I am to fly it proudly.