• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cool: Zodiac Code Cracked

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    So they cracked one of the Zodiac Codes, how they did it is spelled out nicely in the video

This stuff is always interesting, I would have to think the references and misspelling of Paradise is a clue too because Paradise is also where his signature is in another code.

The reference to his death being slaves in the afterlife has to a clue. I bet there is a book right on the shelf pointing him out.

Back then, I bet you find a library reference to someone who took the book out to read.

Could a lunatic write a code like this? Or would it take the work of a mathmatician/cryptoanalyst? If a lunatic could write it then we're in trouble because there are a lot of whack jobs in the world. But, if it required a mathmatician/cryptoanalyst then that provides a clue to the person's background and/or education.

I watched several documentaries on Zodiac in the last month... how cool is this!

Guy was a stone cold nutball.

As I watched one of the shows, I wondered if he was using a book code... but no one uses a book code for one-way communications.

fascinating.

Sirhr

Last edited:

What were you looking at when you found that little gem.

Ill close with.

Ted Cruz.

1607740950239.png

Okay....maybe deliberate errors are made to make people think they haven't got the correct solution. Jeez the key alone has some letters using up to 6 characters of the code symbols. Miss using one symbol towards a letter can make it all out of wack. Deliberately not using the letters: J, K , Q , X , Z ??? Helps make the pattern harder cause I would think the solution would want to include those letters to make sure they don't miss a word/letter in the message.

I'd say that anyone that can read a book can create a cypher. You just need to think out of the box. But like most cops will say they catch the dumb ones first, the smart ones that make mistakes second.....the others just get away.