• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses Corey Alan Jackson from Range Time, Terre Haute Indiana. (Stolen Valor)

mm8o01.jpg

I wonder where is his military service at? Verify the link.
Range Time - Tactical Shooting - About Our Private Shooting Range and Training Course

5d0z1d.jpg

Wait Cory, How did you get an honorable discharge if you never served? This is stolen valor. It was used to promote his business. He got caught and got called out. (LIAR) Verify the link.
Range Time - Tactical Shooting - About Our Private Shooting Range and Training Course

kdtsg1.jpg

Wait, what happen to your honorable discharged? How did you get a medical discharge from a pre existing heart condition? You never even made it too boot camp. Verify the link.

Cory has been lying about this since 2013. He has made military claims and profited from it. These bios are from his websites so he can sell his training. He has also claimed Army 11b and deployments to the sandbox.

Where has he used the Military Service thing? I asked because I looked into him a few months back about a possible review. It didn't work out only because I went with a bigger draw. But I don't remember seeing anything at that site to indicate he was using his service record. So what he said he was in the Army. How many people say I went to college. You just assume they graduated: The real point is why try to ruin someone's life over what didn't effect you personally? I seem to remember a famous person saying He who is with sin cast the first stone. Just voicing my opinion like you all . We allow our Presidents to host terrorists in the Whitehouse. But an Internet guy made a mistake 10 years ago and we crucify him.

I had the same feelings and even used the word "witch hunt" but then Cory came out with the lame video where he did not clear the facts up and instead of taking responsibility for his false statements in videos and posts threw his admins under the bus. That was not some kid making a bad choice after finding out the realities of military life, that was an adult choosing to add insult to injury.

The sad part is that there was no need to make up the military service. You can be a man and a firearms instructor without having kicked in doors or killed people in far away places. A lot of the modern gun skills of the military came from the civilian side anyway.

Last edited:
[MENTION=79823]Rick53[/MENTION], there is a funny thing that is in the military and veteran community. We Trust, but verify. If you read my post, you would see that I am willing to a 1 grand down to see Cory discharge paperwork. I will make an apology and take this down if everything he has said is true. But if in the paperwork, it said he went awol and had an AR 630-10. Then he should donate 5 grand to a military charity and make a real apology to the military and veteran community that he seem to exploited the valor of military service and a title of Army 11b.

mm8o01.jpg

I wonder where is his military service at? Verify the link.

5d0z1d.jpg

Wait Cory, How did you get an honorable discharge if you never served? This is stolen valor. It was used to promote his business. He got caught and got called out. (LIAR) Verify the link.

kdtsg1.jpg

Wait, what happen to your honorable discharged? How did you get a medical discharge from a pre existing heart condition? You never even made it too boot camp. Verify the link.

Cory has been lying about this since 2013. He has made military claims and profited from it. These bios are from his websites so he can sell his training. He has also claimed Army 11b and deployments to the sandbox.
Where??? Have you got proof what you underlined isn't true? Where's everyone's proof and who are these people all coming forward complaining they were ripped off and want their money back? Where's your proof..You know what real proof is. All I see is an accusation

[MENTION=79823]Rick53[/MENTION], I am not going to argue with you over this. The proof is in this thread and take what you want out of this? I am not jealous or angry at the guy. I am just pissed that he has made military claims and he has profit from it. I am good. I did my time and served in the sandbox. Have a great day.

Rick53, there are a lot of people who have came forward to complain and Cory and Erika just deleted the comments off from their facebook and youtube. Just an FYI.

Are you serious??

Where??? Have you got proof what you underlined isn't true? Where's everyone's proof and who are these people all coming forward complaining they were ripped off and want their money back? Where's your proof..You know what real proof is. All I see is an accusation

Dude, you obviously don't read threads before posting, do you? :confused:

yes I read the threads: It seems pointless to ramble on. Idle words will one day be answered for. By all of us.

Rick53, who is rambling? You ask for proof and I show you. I told you I am will put a 1k for his discharge paperwork. If I am wrong I will take down this thread, give a 1000 dollars to rangetime and apologize to cory.

This cory guy is delusional. Makes a video to come clean and continues with lies. I would hope people wouldn't take classes from this clown, when there are plenty of good instructors/schools out there, with a real resume.

This cory guy is delusional. Makes a video to come clean and continues with lies. I would hope people wouldn't take classes from this clown, when there are plenty of good instructors/schools out there, with a real resume.
How do you know it's a lie. What I see is the guy was AWOL . Turned himself in and 3 weeks later discharged. Isn't it possible his medical records got him kicked out but they told him he had to go back and wait for discharge. That he got pissed off and didn't go back?

I see you ahve some proof but it's just not 100% as to the allegations -Aren't we supposed to give someone the Benefit until proved guilty?

How do you know it's a lie. What I see is the guy was AWOL . Turned himself in and 3 weeks later discharged. Isn't it possible his medical records got him kicked out but they told him he had to go back and wait for discharge. That he got pissed off and didn't go back?

I see you ahve some proof but it's just not 100% as to the allegations -Aren't we supposed to give someone the Benefit until proved guilty?
When I enlisted, they asked me if I had any preexisting medical conditions. At the time, I was under oath and had signed documents stating I would tell the truth or be in deep shit. He admitted to knowing about this condition, didn't tell the military about it, and then they found out anyway. (as they often do)

All the other damning evidence aside, this speaks volumes to a mans character. A man can change that character, and 14yrs is a long enough time to change it... however, judging by his most recent video, that character has not changed. At least not in the way that those of us whom hold honor, pride, integrity, and dignity above all else would expect to see in that long of a time period. You don't need to be an expert in body language to see how squirmy he was in that video. To the point where he'd have been better off NOT making it. There's a saying that goes something like: "Better to be thought a fool and remain silent, than speak and remove all doubt." I don't know the guy, and after the so-called "apology" video, I don't want to. An honorable man behaves a certain way when caught with his hand in the cookie jar, and I didn't see anything resembling that way during the course of that video.

He could have kept his mouth shut about his piss poor attempt at military service, and none of this would ever have happened. Instead, he noticed that the tattooed-up ex-special forces operator-looking types with military service backgrounds had an easy inroad to making money as an instructor... so he started tailoring his personality, history, and look to match. Anyone with a brain looking in on this from the outside can see this is exactly how it went down. The shit makes me laugh, because all of a sudden war-fighters have become celebrities. Anyone that's served a day, deployed or not, knows that military service isn't a fucking movie. It sucks. It sucks hardcore dick most of the time, while you're pulling KP, inventory, or wrenching on shit at the motor pool. You spend more time being an office bitch or in a warehouse somewhere than you do blowing shit up and shooting people... yet that is the only aspect of the military that has become popularized. Jarhead is still stuck in my mind as the most REAL military movie I've ever seen. Yet there is a shitload of money to be made off John Q Public that wants to come learn how to be operator as fuck. Everyone thinks that the best instructors are those with military backgrounds... when the opposite is often true. The equipment the military uses, is designed and built by CIVILIANS. The tactics are often designed by civilians. Go to any base in the free world, and you'll see civilian contractors making the whole goddamn operation function. So what the the point in lying, fibbing, or even not telling the whole truth when it comes to military service OTHER than to profit from it? Either financially or by getting an ego-boost... there IS no other goddamn reason. I was in the army guard. Fucking hated it. All 6yrs of it... and I was never deployed. I don't aggrandize it, and I damn sure don't brag about it. I figure if I couldn't hack 20yrs... then I have no business making it a big deal.

Some good friends of mine were deployed. Couple of them have several kills under their belt, and have been deployed several times. No matter where they go, people are fawning over them and wanting to hear stories. So I get the allure... but the truth is that those guys lives are FUCKED UP! Their families are screwed up, they have serious bouts of depression and when they are not in that mode, they are usually self-destructive and hostile. People have the image of them that is created by movies... and it's all BULLSHIT. The truth is, that most of those heavy hitting operator-types that all these firearm instructors are trying to be... only feel normal when they are the the worst situations possible. This doesn't reflect a happy well-adjusted American life. They GAVE and are GIVING their chance at normal lives away FOR THE REST OF US. Even if they don't get fuckn killed over there... it changes them. That kind of life is not something to be glorified! The husband/wife/kids that are all well-adjusted and happy/normal... THAT is what we should be glorifying. These guys going over there and sacrificing their chance at normal lives for us should be RESPECTED and HONORED, but definitely not glorified. Is that what you'd wish for your son/daughter? Or would you rather they stay safe? THATS why this pisses people off rick. Those of us that have served even in the little useless capacity that most of us performed when enlisted... KNOW he's full of shit, and we know WHY he is doing it, and it's selfish greedy bullshit. Those guys who's lives are permafucked as a result of being deployed, DESERVE MORE RESPECT than for the rest of us to allow a fucking poser to even SUGGEST IN PASSING that he's one of them when he clearly isn't. I served as 12b... technically "combat" MOS... but I didn't do SHIT. I don't deserve the respect those guys should get. Not even close. I teach precision rifle classes... and I get asked every damn time if I served. I say "yup, and I hated it, I got out as soon as my first enlistment was up. My best training and advancements in shooting came when I was a civilian." Christ... I watch that video and I see a little costa-clone wannabe. So don't think for a minute we don't know EXACTLY what he's trying to do.

No one is wanting to eat his lunch because he wants to look, act, talk a certain way though. It's the fact that he's trying to say something that is either an outright LIE, or simply not the whole truth. He was caught doing it... and is STILL not taking full and total responsibility for it. If he'd have said "hey, I said this and this here and here, and I was wrong... I'll never do it again" no one would care. Now here you are trying to defend against that backlash. Sorry my friend, but it's impossible... and that's because it SHOULD be impossible. You should not be able to say you were a (insert MOS here) or say in an interview that you have performed military service when you never even left reception station, and get away with it. This is 2014, and the internet will not allow something like that to persist without a course correction. So why fight it? His response to this situation, and the response of his supporters, could only end with the continued destruction of his reputation. Had he responded a different way, he'd have had a chance to salvage his dignity, and salvage his honor. All of the people pushing for his accountability would be satisfied, and go away knowing a lesson had been taught and learned. It's clear to most of us that nothing has been learned, so... the lesson will continue. He will learn, and the more he and his supporters resist, the longer and harder that education will be.

ORKAN, I agree with your 1st, 2nd and 5th paragraphs, you pretty much nail it. However the 3rd and 4th paragraphs are out there flapping IMO.

Not all of us are tattooed up, in fact, in my community, it's a small percentage who sport all the ink.

Does it suck? Yes and no, but unless you're a Supply guy, a mechanic or a cook, you won't find yourself in a warehouse, motor pool or kitchen in any of the SF/SOF MOS's. Even as a 11B I didn't find myself doing any of that stuff.

As for the best instructors, well, just look at who the big names are in the industry and a large portion of them come from SF backgrounds (and a lot more that are not widely known but still teaching classes locally,etc). I'm not saying there aren't some really good civilian instructors out there, my unit has brought in guys like Barnhart, Letham,etc, among others for training but at the end of the day, SF (Army) has some of the better instructors out there.

Tactics: I can assure you tactics are not decided by civilians. I don't even know where that one came from but its utterly absurd to think that its true. I could write a small book on all the military levels of buracracy that ensure that isn't the case. A civilian that wasn't previously from our community, that tried to tell us what tactics to use would soon find himself no longer being used. Thats not to say that some units don't adopt and or modify their existing training programs based on what they might be exposed to, but it doesn't drive tactics or change them from the core tenents of sound doctrine.

Civilian contractors making shit happen: yeah, there is truth in that, but in almost all cases, they were/are prior military and are doing what they learned in the military with more latitude in most cases. Most, if not all, are usually hired for their prior military experience in the first place.

The fourth paragraph: We're not all fucked up, in fact, it's a small percentage of people in my community that have the issues you mentioned. In fact, some of the people I know(myself included) who have good cause to probably be fucked up, are not. We do have people who have issues as well as a high divorce rate but in the Regular Army/military it's more than likely higher given the sheer numbers involved. I think your perception is based on the public only hearing about those who do have issues and nothing about the vast majority who live well adjusted and normal lives.

PZT, understood... and obviously I have no argument with any of that. I could have worded some of it a bit more "sensitive" but I'm really not very sensitive. I was irritated that this guy and his supporters can continue perpetuating this BS. Just wanted to offer a different viewpoint. Also... a lot of my statements were based on what I experienced in army guard pre-9/11... and all I ever did at drill was inventory shit and work on vehicles... and I was a 12B. When I wasn't doing that, I was dealing with some kind of paperwork. Clearly that is not how things are in the military today. If I wasn't jaded at uncle sam... I wouldn't have got out. ;) I hear all about the "stress cards" and crazy shit they have in boot camp now. I wouldn't WANT to be back in.

Anyway, no argument from me. I just hate these "stolen valor" types that try to weasel their way out of taking responsibility for it. Turns my stomach.

Mr. Schofield....awesome....I've read several of your articles on SOFREP. Good stuff. Can't wait to read what you come up with regarding this thread.

who is rick53 anyway, whats his dog in this fight? my guess some ballsucker that took a class, fell in love, and we are attacking his precious hero

There's more than one Cory in service, it's probably likely a Cory did go Awol but documents oddly dated can be easily forged in pdf writers, the documents can easily be a different Cory. Hell, just facebook anyone there's multiple people with the same name for just about everyone. You people are disgusting, you stalk anyone in the gun community who's on you tube.

This happens to every gun personality and I wonder why this community is so obsessed with stalking people and publishing their personal information.

So he wrote in something that sounded good for his class, once or twice, it's called marketing. Businesses do this daily. The military constantly publishes propaganda to gain enlistment. Stolen Valor must be a joke compared to the lives the military ruin with their propaganda.

I don't even watch RT never seen one video, but you people need a reality check. He didn't claim to be some veteran or mention he was in combat, I could see if he lied about actual deployment and tours, just saying you were 11b in a forum means nothing. Everyone lies on forums.

Last edited:
There's more than one Cory in service, it's probably likely a Cory did go Awol but documents oddly dated can be easily forged in pdf writers, the documents can easily be a different Cory. Hell, just facebook anyone there's multiple people with the same name for just about everyone. You people are disgusting, you stalk anyone in the gun community who's on you tube.

This happens to every gun personality and I wonder why this community is so obsessed with stalking people and publishing their personal information.

So he wrote in something that sounded good for his class, once or twice, it's called marketing. Businesses do this daily. The military constantly publishes propaganda to gain enlistment. Stolen Valor must be a joke compared to the lives the military ruin with their propaganda.

I don't even watch RT never seen one video, but you people need a reality check. He didn't claim to be some veteran or mention he was in combat, I could see if he lied about actual deployment and tours, just saying you were 11b in a forum means nothing. Everyone lies on forums.

Nope, if you watched the video, he is identified by his tattoos. It's definitely him. Also, he did lie about serving by implying he was in the "sandbox." He didn't just lie on forums. He lied on websites, on YouTube videos and misrepresented his credentials, essentially. Has nothing to do with stolen valor, just being a lying douchebag, really.

Also, you are another new member, just joined, one post. You are suspect...

Last edited:
I got here from a Firearm news site while I was looking up the HCAR. This article post is linked in a bunch of news posts, one claims they cannot verify any of these documents or warrant.

Corey Alan Jackson from Range Time, Terre Haute Indiana. (Stolen Valor)

I got here from a Firearm news site while I was looking up the HCAR. This article post is linked in a bunch of news posts, one claims they cannot verify any of these documents or warrant.
Nice screen name. You must be "in love" with the liar to come here and make an account just to tell how much you trust him.

Nice to see you also didn't read the thread or look at any of the evidence. He did claim 11b and said he was "11b sandbox"

He also talked of his service in now deleted videos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

I do have to ask; 'if you've never seen one video', how do you know what he has or hasn't claimed?

who is rick53 anyway, whats his dog in this fight? my guess some ballsucker that took a class, fell in love, and we are attacking his precious hero
Hero? I only have one hero . He rose from the dead. Anything else pales by comparison. I never said I agreed with what Cory did or didn't do. I just wonder why people seem so intent on wasting their life trying to ruin someone elses. Dog in the fight? What Dog? Your own pride? Come on.

This thread rings with the tone of a very disturbing trend indeed. I disagree wholeheartedly with some of the comments left but I yield to the fact that we are entitled to our own opinions on any issue. Below is mine.

First of all, the Range Time organization hasn't done well for themselves with their damage control on this issue - in my opinion. From the "deletion"/"Marked as Private" of the videos that some have felt contained damning snippets of Cory's embellishments, to the comments left elsewhere in forums, it doesn't look too good. At this time, most videos on the first page of this thread from Range Time's youtube channel have been marked private and are unavailable for public view. This is quite foolish in thinking that making a video private or even deleting it from their channel completely will "erase" whatever is contained in them completely. Should this situation escalate to civil or criminal legal action, the videos that were uploaded to youtube's server is THEIR property now, as defined in the user agreement when the youtube account was created. The videos are available with a subpoena and any incriminating or aggravating proof discovered in them will be very much admissible in a case provided the writ issued by the court is specific enough in nature as to what they are looking for. Hiding them doesn't automatically conclude guilt or liability on Cory's part but the perception is made worse through these choices. Adjectives like evasive, uncooperative & nervous come to mind while watching the latest video he posted about the range/local gov't and background issue. The body language punctuates this further as others have observed not to mention the odd editing and rambling dialogue.

Who does this hurt? Well, here's a point for those who have said only certain dogs are eligible for this fight. By your qualifiers, I have one as a trainer so I will continue since I have your permission. I disagree with the take on certain folks only though because I feel Range Time's target market and audience have a dog too - even those who have not served or do not make their living from this craft. Everyone who is interested in training or who owns a firearm and may offer their economic contribution is at risk when qualifications are not represented as they are. Range Time's sponsors are open to a degree of risk too. Some of their closer industry partnerships will stick by them while others will move on.

Trainers - I do not compete with Range Time for students. My classes are not open enrollment. I teach in a different target market that was very difficult for me to penetrate with my background. I have no prior service. As a civilian, I've come up with some concepts that I teach in a practical manner that make a mature science somewhat easier to digest for some. I am concerned though that folks who spout embellishment and outright falsehood will ruin this profession for many of us. I do not wish to be put in the same boat as those who do and have done everything in my power to distance myself from the bullshitters. As a civilian in this game, I was ignorant to the means to vet claims both military and civilian when I first began doing this and was very fortunate to have made good enough impressions on a few individuals who didn't share my ignorance on the matter. The direction I've taken has served me well since being educated on this and I enjoy the rock I live under leaving the "flash" to others. The thing is, those who would potentially find themselves in one of my classes don't have the time nor do they give a shit about me or what I might be able to teach when rolled into the group of civilian trainers who seem to be "victimized" by this kind of controversy. I don't fucking like it so if this is you - do us all a favor and knock it off. I'm not singling Cory out here so don't take it that way if you're reading this. We all know deep down the difference between right and wrong and whatever cool guy points you think you'll make with a lie isn't worth a tenth of the points you'll EARN by teaching students something good that is new to them.

Vets - I cannot speak for you as I am not one of you. I appreciate your service and it bothers me to put it mildly that should you decide to pursue the training market as your choice of profession, what you earned is being stolen by some who did nothing more than claim it. You will then have to compete for the fixed number of training dollars out there with someone who tried to match you on paper with lies. This is your area to defend but as a civilian trainer I support your efforts to out the fakes 100%. You deserve so much more than our pitiful assistance could ever offer and I thank God for my freedom and I thank you for fighting for it. As civilians, we are in their debt. This isn't disputable.

Students - I would guess that the bulk of the readers of this thread are potential students of one kind of shooting hobby or another. There are more shooting schools/classes out there now than ever! Do your research and spend your money wisely. You might be one of the lucky ones who has a local badass with a great teaching ethic and facility to train at. Take advantage of it. Don't settle for the guy who just runs his mouth and collects a check. There are some big names on the traveling show. Save your money, book one of those and then see for yourself the difference between a real instructor and the local guy with enough multicam in his closet to play dress up with his whole street. "When the student is ready, the teacher will appear." I'm not saying everyone that shoots at your range sucks. I'm saying that it seems easier than ever to attain the title "instructor" and there are a lot of choices. When you buy a new "xyz", you shop around don't you? Check online, read reviews, speak to other shooters who you see being safe and successful in the discipline of your choosing and take a chance on it. Four classes a year with a dipshit vs 1 class with a real deal is not good training. All you get is the watered down interpretation of that individual's level of comprehension of something he saw someone else do. Once you've trained with a good instructor, the difference will be clear. I've never been to one of Cory's classes so I can't tell you if I think he's a good instructor or not. I can say that in my opinion, if an instructor lied to me, I'd move on. There are plenty of honest dudes who have something legit to say that I'd happily hand my money to. The opinions of bullshitters mean little to me from technique to whatever gear they are trying to pimp to me. Do your research! Your money is hard earned and shouldn't be wasted.

Last few points and I'm done...

Yeager's video was an admirable show of support for someone I would assume he considers a friend. "All of our words from loose using have lost their edge." It's a little hard for me to take him seriously but I do applaud the guy for standing up for Cory. Doesn't mean I agree with him on much but James makes an interesting point worthy of consideration when he explains his opinion of the particulars of transaction when a student shows up to a course. He states that paying for a course is buying the information and he doesn't seem to have a problem with Cory's assimilation of POI he's learned from other instructors. James doesn't seem to have a problem with the concept and makes the connection that "haters gonna hate" is just about a money thing. Well, I'd venture a short ways out from under my rock that IF the 35,000 students he said he's trained that didn't ask for refunds started going to Range Time after Cory came and took a Tactical Response class from now on would bother Mr. Yeager a little bit financially. I could be completely wrong as I'm not privy to Yeager's financials and that is none of my business but if he really had no problem with a student showing up and had the ability to recreate a Tactical Response class after they "bought" it from him, and not one student ever came back nor would any future student train with him because that student is just a really great guy, it would probably bug the James just a little. We don't live in a reality where absolutes like this could take place but the logic is sound. I don't sell my POI. I sell a training experience and I have expectations for certain learning points to occur. Maybe I'm even more different than I thought?

Alpin made a comment asking if enlisting, going to boot etc was an Act of Valor? Sir, yes, in my book it is. Any service man or woman that wears a uniform is a hero as far as I'm concerned. enlisting in the military and serving our Nation is a selfless act of courage on their part. It doesn't matter if their situation was desperate and the military put a roof over their heads when they didn't have one before. The support roles are important too and not everyone is on the front line in defense of Freedom. Our Nation has the kind of opportunity that even the lowest examples of wealth (or lack thereof) are afforded the opportunity to prosper beyond limits. We are afforded the greatest potential for opportunity the world has ever seen and when a citizen crosses over to serve, they put all that on hold to protect what the rest of us enjoy. Did Cory steal Valor? Well, if his claims, whatever they may actually be are not true, then yes. It was stolen from those who sacrificed something special to earn it.

inlovewithcory07 - "So he wrote in something that sounded good for his class, once or twice, it's called marketing. Businesses do this daily. The military constantly publishes propaganda to gain enlistment. Stolen Valor must be a joke compared to the lives the military ruin with their propaganda." - I am sad to see that you feel this way. If he wrote or said something even once that sounded good for his class that wasn't true, it's not marketing its lying. True, businesses do this all the time and do lie but it doesn't make it right and I will not accept this. If I'm lied to once by someone or some business, I don't trust them and I have no room for lack of trust with what I do. If I trust someone to do something at work and they lied and didn't do it, it could very easily mean my death. If a business "markets" a product in this fashion outside of it's capabilities, again it could easily mean my death. I have no room for this. Your frame of reference might not put yourself in a situation where trust means so much but it does to me and to the others I surround myself with. Do not even dare to criticize "military propaganda" in defense of bullshitting an instructor's background. Your weakness in comprehension of the topic is appalling. We are at war with a real evil that would die to see our Nation burn. The only thing that stands in their way are the few volunteers who step up and protect us from it. True, our service men and women aren't the only casualties of this war and some families bear burdens that are great. What is the alternative? A draft? Mandatory service? That conversation is far beyond the scope of this thread and trying to derail a situation where someone is suspected of stealing the honor and distinction that many have earned does far greater damage to those who'd wish to bring their experience home and run a training organization - all before their family got ruined as they tried to make a living and couldn't because enrollment was down too low while bullshitters with good "marketing" got the tuition. You like Cory? Cool. The dude is fine as far as I'm concerned if he isn't a charlatan that lies about his background.

Last edited:
There's more than one Cory in service, it's probably likely a Cory did go Awol but
So he went AWOL, but it's OK?

documents oddly dated can be easily forged in pdf writers,
Oh, so now everyone ELSE is lying and forging documents?

the documents can easily be a different Cory. Hell, just facebook anyone there's multiple people with the same name for just about everyone.
Oh, so we've got the wrong guy? I think not. HE RESPONDED TO THE DOCUMENTS WITH A VIDEO. This confirms it is the RIGHT guy.

Wrong. It only happens to those that DESERVE it.

So he wrote in something that sounded good for his class, once or twice, it's called marketing.
No, it's not called marketing... It's called making false claims. It's called bullshit.

Businesses do this daily.
I don't do it daily. I don't do it EVER, and I'd expect to get called on it if I did.

The military constantly publishes propaganda to gain enlistment. Stolen Valor must be a joke compared to the lives the military ruin with their propaganda.
Joke? You see us fucking laughing? Enlistment is voluntary. Or are you suggesting that people aren't responsible for their choices? Doesn't surprise me that you're backing cory.

So lying isn't a lie unless you say so huh? It's you that needs a reality check.

So continues the lesson...

This thread rings with the tone of a very disturbing trend indeed. I disagree wholeheartedly with some of the comments left but I yield to the fact that we are entitled to our own opinions on any issue. Below is mine.

First of all, the Range Time organization hasn't done well for themselves with their damage control on this issue - in my opinion. From the "deletion"/"Marked as Private" of the videos that some have felt contained damning snippets of Cory's embellishments, to the comments left elsewhere in forums, it doesn't look too good. At this time, most videos on the first page of this thread from Range Time's youtube channel have been marked private and are unavailable for public view. This is quite foolish in thinking that making a video private or even deleting it from their channel completely will "erase" whatever is contained in them completely. Should this situation escalate to civil or criminal legal action, the videos that were uploaded to youtube's server is THEIR property now, as defined in the user agreement when the youtube account was created. The videos are available with a subpoena and any incriminating or aggravating proof discovered in them will be very much admissible in a case provided the writ issued by the court is specific enough in nature as to what they are looking for. Hiding them doesn't automatically conclude guilt or liability on Cory's part but the perception is made worse through these choices. Adjectives like evasive, uncooperative & nervous come to mind while watching the latest video he posted about the range/local gov't and background issue. The body language punctuates this further as others have observed not to mention the odd editing and rambling dialogue.

Who does this hurt? Well, here's a point for those who have said only certain dogs are eligible for this fight. By your qualifiers, I have one has a trainer so I will continue since I have your permission. I disagree with the take on certain folks only though because I feel Range Time's target market and audience have a dog too - even those who have not served or do not make their living from this craft. Everyone who is interested in training or who owns a firearm and may offer their economic contribution is at risk when qualifications are not represented as they are. Range Time's sponsors are open to a degree of risk too. Some of their closer industry partnerships will stick by them while others will move on.

Trainers - I do not compete with Range Time for students. My classes are not open enrollment. I teach in a different target market that was very difficult for me to penetrate with my background. I have no prior service. As a civilian, I've come up with some concepts that I teach in a practical manner that make a mature science somewhat easier to digest for some. I am concerned though that folks who spout embellishment and outright falsehood will ruin this profession for many of us. I do not wish to be put in the same boat as those who do and have done everything in my power to distance myself from the bullshitters. As a civilian in this game, I was ignorant to the means to vet claims both military and civilian when I first began doing this and was very fortunate to have made good enough impressions on a few individuals who didn't share my ignorance on the matter. The direction I've taken has served me well since being educated on this and I enjoy the rock I live under leaving the "flash" to others. The thing is, those who would potentially find themselves in one of my classes don't have the time nor do they give a shit about me or what I might be able to teach when rolled into the group of civilian trainers who seem to be "victimized" by this kind of controversy. I don't fucking like it so if this is you - do us all a favor and knock it off. I'm not singling Cory out here so don't take it that way if you're reading this. We all know deep down the difference between right and wrong and whatever cool guy points you think you'll make with a lie isn't worth a tenth of the points you'll EARN by teaching students something good that is new to them.

Vets - I cannot speak for you as I am not one of you. I appreciate your service and it bothers me to put it mildly that should you decide to pursue the training market as your choice of profession, what you earned is being stolen by some who did nothing more than claim it. You will then have to compete for the fixed number of training dollars out there with someone who tried to match you on paper with lies. This is your area to defend but as a civilian trainer I support your efforts to out the fakes 100%. You deserve so much more than our pitiful assistance could ever offer and I thank God for my freedom and I thank you for fighting for it. As civilians, we are in their debt. This isn't disputable.

Students - I would guess that the bulk of the readers of this thread are potential students of one kind of shooting hobby or another. There are more shooting schools/classes out there now than ever! Do your research and spend your money wisely. You might be one of the lucky ones who has a local badass with a great teaching ethic and facility to train at. Take advantage of it. Don't settle for the guy who just runs his mouth and collects a check. There are some big names on the traveling show. Save your money, book one of those and then see for yourself the difference between a real instructor and the local guy with enough multicam in his closet to play dress up with his whole street. "When the student is ready, the teacher will appear." I'm not saying everyone that shoots at your range sucks. I'm saying that it seems easier than ever to attain the title "instructor" and there are a lot of choices. When you buy a new "xyz", you shop around don't you? Check online, read reviews, speak to other shooters who you see being safe and successful in the discipline of your choosing and take a chance on it. Four classes a year with a dipshit vs 1 class with a real deal is not good training. All you get is the watered down interpretation of that individual's level of comprehension of something he saw someone else do. Once you've trained with a good instructor, the difference will be clear. I've never been to one of Cory's classes so I can't tell you if I think he's a good instructor or not. I can say that in my opinion, if an instructor lied to me, I'd move on. There are plenty of honest dudes who have something legit to say that I'd happily hand my money to. The opinions of bullshitters mean little to me from technique to whatever gear they are trying to pimp to me. Do your research! Your money is hard earned and shouldn't be wasted.

Last few points and I'm done...

Yeager's video was an admirable show of support for someone I would assume he considers a friend. "All of our words from loose using have lost their edge." It's a little hard for me to take him seriously but I do applaud the guy for standing up for Cory. Doesn't mean I agree with him on much but James makes an interesting point worthy of consideration when he explains his opinion of the particulars of transaction when a student shows up to a course. He states that paying for a course is buying the information and he doesn't seem to have a problem with Cory's assimilation of POI he's learned from other instructors. James doesn't seem to have a problem with the concept and makes the connection that "haters gonna hate" is just about a money thing. Well, I'd venture a short ways out from under my rock that IF the 35,000 students he said he's trained that didn't ask for refunds started going to Range Time after Cory came and took a Tactical Response class from now on would bother Mr. Yeager a little bit financially. I could be completely wrong as I'm not privy to Yeager's financials and that is none of my business but if he really had no problem with a student showing up and had the ability to recreate a Tactical Response class after they "bought" it from him, and not one student ever came back nor would any future student train with him because that student is just a really great guy, it would probably bug the James just a little. We don't live in a reality where absolutes like this could take place but the logic is sound. I don't sell my POI. I sell a training experience and I have expectations for certain learning points to occur. Maybe I'm even more different than I thought?

Alpin made a comment asking if enlisting, going to boot etc was an Act of Valor? Sir, yes, in my book it is. Any service man or woman that wears a uniform is a hero as far as I'm concerned. enlisting in the military and serving our Nation is a selfless act of courage on their part. It doesn't matter if their situation was desperate and the military put a roof over their heads when they didn't have one before. The support roles are important too and not everyone is on the front line in defense of Freedom. Our Nation has the kind of opportunity that even the lowest examples of wealth (or lack thereof) are afforded the opportunity to prosper beyond limits. We are afforded the greatest potential for opportunity the world has ever seen and when a citizen crosses over to serve, they put all that on hold to protect what the rest of us enjoy. Did Cory steal Valor? Well, if his claims, whatever they may actually be are not true, then yes. It was stolen from those who sacrificed something special to earn it.

inlovewithcory07 - "So he wrote in something that sounded good for his class, once or twice, it's called marketing. Businesses do this daily. The military constantly publishes propaganda to gain enlistment. Stolen Valor must be a joke compared to the lives the military ruin with their propaganda." - I am sad to see that you feel this way. If he wrote or said something even once that sounded good for his class that wasn't true, it's not marketing its lying. True, businesses do this all the time and do lie but it doesn't make it right and I will not accept this. If I'm lied to once by someone or some business, I don't trust them and I have no room for lack of trust with what I do. If I trust someone to do something at work and they lied and didn't do it, it could very easily mean my death. If a business "markets" a product in this fashion outside of it's capabilities, again it could easily mean my death. I have no room for this. Your frame of reference might not put yourself in a situation where trust means so much but it does to me and to the others I surround myself with. Do not even dare to criticize "military propaganda" in defense of bullshitting an instructor's background. Your weakness in comprehension of the topic is appalling. We are at war with a real evil that would die to see our Nation burn. The only thing that stands in their way are the few volunteers who step up and protect us from it. True, our service men and women aren't the only casualties of this war and some families bear burdens that are great. What is the alternative? A draft? Mandatory service? That conversation is far beyond the scope of this thread and trying to derail a situation where someone is suspected of stealing the honor and distinction that many have earned does far greater damage to those who'd wish to bring their experience home and run a training organization - all before their family got ruined as they tried to make a living and couldn't because enrollment was down too low while bullshitters with good "marketing" got the tuition. You like Cory? Cool. The dude is fine as far as I'm concerned if he isn't a charlatan that lies about his background.

Fantastic post. Thank you for taking the time, thought and effort it took to post it. Cheers.

From how Cory "explains" himself in his video response, doesn't make any sense based on my experiences in the service. I'm an honorably discharged Navy veteran with lots of friends who went UA/AWOL during boot camp, and even after 4 years of service went UA cuz they popped on a piss test or something stupid! From what Cory is saying, is that he lied about his medical history to get into the service (didn't care about lying because he said his recruiter told him to), got found out a week after arriving to boot by his command because he had some type of "black-out" situation and went to medical, where they found out about his heart problem & told him that he was getting booted.....SO, being a young kid who's angry about getting found out(considering his recruiter told him to do it), he skips out thinking, FUK IT I'm not serving anyway, but while AWOL he figures out, 'Hey, i can't even go to my mom's house to eat dinner, can't pull money out of the bank or visit friends, man... I CANT DO SHIT WHILE AWOL!!You are literally a fugitive, even if you've only been in boot for a week. The Military probably started to MEDICALLY process him out anyway at that time, BUT.... you ACTUALLY NEED TO BE THERE to get KICKED out of the service...which is most likely why he "turned" himself in. Obviously this is just my opinion, but this sounds about right. I've had friends who were in the same situation...but they never got out and started telling people complete lies tho....:confused:

From how Cory "explains" himself in his video response, doesn't make any sense based on my experiences in the service. I'm an honorably discharged Navy veteran with lots of friends who went UA/AWOL during boot camp, and even after 4 years of service went UA cuz they popped on a piss test or something stupid! From what Cory is saying, is that he lied about his medical history to get into the service (didn't care about lying because he said his recruiter told him to), got found out a week after arriving to boot by his command because he had some type of "black-out" situation and went to medical, where they found out about his heart problem & told him that he was getting booted.....SO, being a young kid who's angry about getting found out(considering his recruiter told him to do it), he skips out thinking, FUK IT I'm not serving anyway, but while AWOL he figures out, 'Hey, i can't even go to my mom's house to eat dinner, can't pull money out of the bank or visit friends, man... I CANT DO SHIT WHILE AWOL!!You are literally a fugitive, even if you've only been in boot for a week. The Military probably started to MEDICALLY process him out anyway at that time, BUT.... you ACTUALLY NEED TO BE THERE to get KICKED out of the service...which is most likely why he "turned" himself in. Obviously this is just my opinion, but this sounds about right. I've had friends who were in the same situation...but they never got out and started telling people complete lies tho....:confused:
I agree with you. The dates would seem to verify your assumptions. what I don't agree with is somebody going out of their way to ruin some guys reputation. I haven't seen anyone in any forum that spoke about being upset they took classes from this guy based on his military career. Cory may be in the wrong because I see where he did mention the 11b thing. Yet I don't see where anyone has produced evidence that he used that in his official resume.

This seems to be a witch Hunt for no other reason then jealousy. If there was really a concern this could have all been done privately first. And it wasn't. Somebody went to alot of trouble to make trouble. One has to wonder why..

I agree with you. The dates would seem to verify your assumptions. what I don't agree with is somebody going out of their way to ruin some guys reputation. I haven't seen anyone in any forum that spoke about being upset they took classes from this guy based on his military career. Cory may be in the wrong because I see where he did mention the 11b thing. Yet I don't see where anyone has produced evidence that he used that in his official resume.

This seems to be a witch Hunt for no other reason then jealousy. If there was really a concern this could have all been done privately first. And it wasn't. Somebody went to alot of trouble to make trouble. One has to wonder why..

I disagree. People aren't going out of their way to ruin his reputation … they are going out of their way to REVEAL his TRUE reputation.

And jealousy is not an issue when the person is a liar. Why would one be jealous of a liar?

The "witch hunt" as you call is, stems from Cory not coming clean with his lies, but instead trying to hide them and cover them up with evasive damage control. When someone keeps evading, people will keep putting on the pressure. This would have been over a while ago if he would just admit the ENTIRE truth, which is that he lied about how he came to leave the Army, he lied about being in the "sandbox" and he used these false credentials to further his career, as evidenced by his online BIO (before he changed it) and by comments he has made in forums and online websites.

Last edited:
What pettiness is this?? If I didn't know better I'd think I was reading a bunch of grade school responses from Jealous Old men
It is good to know that lies are pettiness to you. Indicative of character.

There's plenty of information out there. But if you have no idea how the military side of the system works , maybe you shouldn't jump in with defenses regarding the procedures of which you know nothing about.

There's plenty of information out there. But if you have no idea how the military side of the system works , maybe you shouldn't jump in with defenses regarding the procedures of which you know nothing about.
This isn't a witch hunt, the guy lied, and it has been documented. He lied about his service, he lied about his occupation and he lied about his qualifications.
Not a veteran? Fine. Lie about it? No bueno. Especially in a day and age where screen shots and documentation is readily available.
You wouldn't be calling investigating your DRs educational history a "witch hunt" would you?
The dude profited about lying over claimed military service. That's stolen valor. Black and white example.

Sorry, it's been a little while, life got crazy. I'm back working on it, and hoping to have it out in a few days. Trying to unravel and coherently post his lies in a way that people can read and understand it, it brutal. Cory just never stops lying. Giving me a headache. Just wanted to let ya'll know, it's going to be coming and that I didn't forget about it. These turds need to see the light of day. I contacted Cory and offered him another opportunity to come out with a statement telling the truth this time, but he declined. John Willis when asked for a comment said "I'll pass". Still waiting on Yeager, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

Thanks

Loren

Sorry, it's been a little while, life got crazy. I'm back working on it, and hoping to have it out in a few days. Trying to unravel and coherently post his lies in a way that people can read and understand it, it brutal. Cory just never stops lying. Giving me a headache. Just wanted to let ya'll know, it's going to be coming and that I didn't forget about it. These turds need to see the light of day. I contacted Cory and offered him another opportunity to come out with a statement telling the truth this time, but he declined. John Willis when asked for a comment said "I'll pass". Still waiting on Yeager, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

Thanks

Loren

I can't wait. Thanks for doing this. I was a 19D for four years. That's how I came to this forum...researching Cory's story.

I am amazed at the people who try to paint it as 'no big deal'. It IS a big deal. The fact that someone lies about something like that speaks volumes to their character. I suppose someone who wasn't in the military can't understand. If a person was in a combat arms MOS...you froze or sweated your ass off, carried on working in a drenching rain, trained until you puked, stayed up for days at a time, etc. And you can times ten that for the Spec Ops guys. That person has earned the right to say they've been there, done that. It's more than a little aggravating to hear some one that hasn't, saying they have.

Your article on Tom Heben was a perfect example of how someone should handle it when they get exposed. I have a helluva lot more respect for Tom Heben just for his apologetic statement.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Veritas/Truth
The apology issued by Heben was basically given to him. He was given an outline to follow and was told not to waiver from it. I know, I wrote it. He apologized because he was caught and he knew it and was receiving pressure from his brother because he didn't want little brother to bring unnecessary attention to his own credibility.

Veritas/Truth
The apology issued by Heben was basically given to him. He was given an outline to follow and was told not to waiver from it. I know, I wrote it. He apologized because he was caught and he knew it and was receiving pressure from his brother because he didn't want little brother to bring unnecessary attention to his own credibility.

+1, I know this to be factual.

Personally, this has been a very interesting read and kind of a case study for me. This is perhaps the first time I have read a "Stolen Valor" incident on a NON-military related forum. I have watched all the videos that had not been deleted, checked out the documents presented, and have to say it was pretty substaintial proof of deceipt. Yet it amazes me how many on this website defended him and called it a witch hunt? And very easy to see the prior and current military guys (like myself) who find his actions deplorable.

Its also funny to see the same damage control like it is scripted: Step one--Blame it on the website administrator.

I guess the mentality is different on a firearms forum, versus a military forum, where Stolen Valor really means something? Looking forward to Mr. Schofield's story and the destruction of Range Time.

Veritas/Truth

He is 100% correct and I should have made that clear. Thank's for clarifying that for everyone.

Douche bag . I wouldn't take a class from this poser if it were free.
Lied, got caught, then kept lying. Why would anyone pay this dude a dime? There's got to be other instructors in Indiana.

So I dropped my article, yesterday. I have no Idea when it will get published, but hopefully within the next couple days. Just wanted to give ya'll a head's up that it's in the pipeline, and when it goes live, or when I find out it's going live I'll let ya know.

Thank's for the help, and hopefully we can get the word out on these three to an even wider audience.