• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ 457

I don’t have a CZ with the MDT stock but I had one of the MDT Rimfire chassis with the skeleton stock and really liked it. The only real thing it needed was a bag rider which is easy enough to add. I’m personally not a fan of the Luth stocks for many reasons. They just feel like plastic junk to me. The MDT stock will be a huge step up.

Take a look at the length of the Magpul PRS if you do decide to go that way. I think it may end up being a little long for that chassis design and give you a really long LOP.

Thanks Eoddave!

I'm new to all these chassis and modular systems so each search opens new doors to products I've never seen before.

While looking on Optics Planet, I found the XLR TR-2 buttstock. It appears to have as much adjustability as the higher end MDT but
for about $100 less.

The XLR also has a bag rider available though they are currently out of stock on the XLR website.

Based on what I'm seeing, I believe that I've found the perfect stock for my application.

Thanks again for the feedback!

Shot my new PV this week also. Very happy with how it shoots but need to find a load it likes for 100 plus. Like everyone else has said they really like SK but seem to shoot anything good enough for fun shooting.
I cannot wait to get back out on the CZ what a hoot can't recall being as psyched to shoot a new rig as this been a lonnnnng time. Shot 22's as a little tyke, but that was really the last time I did a lot of it. Next up a sponge camo paint job @Mike Casselton , little more mag on the glass and tweaking trigger adjustability.

Anyone here suppress their 457? Would love to hear your thoughts on effectiveness of a can with supers/subs also any can specs please. Thanks

Anyone here suppress their 457? Would love to hear your thoughts on effectiveness of a can with supers/subs also any can specs please. Thanks
I threaded the Shilen bbls on my 457 American & VPT for a SWR Spectre II that I've had for several years. Though it has just a tad bit of a '1st round pop' that my TBAC 22TD doesn't have, it's just about as quiet, and every bit as accurate (if not a bit more so) than the 22TD. Even with std vel match ammo and 22" bbls on my rifles, the suppressor still makes enough difference in the report that I prefer shooting with rather than without a suppressor on all my 22RF repeaters.

I'm thinking about a CZ 457 PV as a host for a TB 22 TD. Anyone have experience with it?
Not too concerned about the sound reduction as it should be more than adequate, but want to learn about effect on accuracy, POI shift, and fitment (ie: is the thread length 0.400" per TB thread guide spec).
Thank you for any/all information you could provide.
TA 22 TD thread guide.JPG

I keep a Thunderbeast 22TD on my 457 all the time. I love it. I have not noticed any issues with POI shift but then again, I don't take it off. I haven't noticed any accuracy issues but keep in mind I am not the most fundamentally sound shooter out there. I'm just barely sub moa (IE .4xx at 50 yards).

I LOVE the sound reduction. Basically, you hear the firing pin drop and then the ping down range with standard velocity ammo.

As for thread specs, I found no issues with the factory barrel. I did run into a small issue with my Bartlein. It was threaded at an AR-15 thread spec. They did take care of me though with no issues. Just be careful if you are buying a Bartlein drop in from someone other than them directly. Double check thread spec to make sure.

I keep a Thunderbeast 22TD on my 457 all the time. I love it. I have not noticed any issues with POI shift but then again, I don't take it off. I haven't noticed any accuracy issues but keep in mind I am not the most fundamentally sound shooter out there. I'm just barely sub moa (IE .4xx at 50 yards).

I LOVE the sound reduction. Basically, you hear the firing pin drop and then the ping down range with standard velocity ammo.

As for thread specs, I found no issues with the factory barrel. I did run into a small issue with my Bartlein. It was threaded at an AR-15 thread spec. They did take care of me though with no issues. Just be careful if you are buying a Bartlein drop in from someone other than them directly. Double check thread spec to make sure.
MDrimfirerookie,
Thank you for the first hand perspective. Very helpful and good to hear that the barrel and TB 22 TD are capable of sub MOA at 50 yards.
Is your barrel 16.5" or 20" ?
Cheers,

MDrimfirerookie,
Thank you for the first hand perspective. Very helpful and good to hear that the barrel and TB 22 TD are capable of sub MOA at 50 yards.
Is your barrel 16.5" or 20" ?
Cheers,

The Bartlein is 16.5" and I would venture to say it is probably a better shooter than me. My fundamentals when shooting groups is CRAP.

Hello to all. I hope I'm not hijacking this thread or asking a question that's already been answered but, I recently bought a cz 457 mtr in 22lr. I'd like to stick with a Vortex scope. Does anyone have a model recommendation? This will primarily be used for target shooting with the possible option of squirrel hunting down the road. I appreciate any help.
Diamondback Tactical for sure. If you want to spend a little more, Vortex Strike Eagle

Hello to all. I hope I'm not hijacking this thread or asking a question that's already been answered but, I recently bought a cz 457 mtr in 22lr. I'd like to stick with a Vortex scope. Does anyone have a model recommendation? This will primarily be used for target shooting with the possible option of squirrel hunting down the road. I appreciate any help.
People report issues with the Athlon's parallax.

Curious about this. I handled a Bergara BXR over the weekend and was intrigued. Then I read a lot of mediocre reviews of this rifle. It seemed well provisioned. Are these rifles shooting well for people?
I'm guessing he meant the Bergara B14-R, not the BXR. A BXR wouldn't be much more if any more money than a CZ.

I think I'm going to go with a Vortex strike eagle. Now I just need to find someone willing to part with theirs.
I recommend the Burris Signature XTR rings. You can use the supplied plastic shims to add more incline to your scope if you don’t have a rail or if your rail doesn’t have enough incline.

Reactions: Kisssofdeath
I think I'm going to go with a Vortex strike eagle. Now I just need to find someone willing to part with theirs.
Midway has a Vortex Viper model and a Viper Diamondback HP on sale.
Here is a killer deal on a Vortex Viper.
Here’s another Vortex. I like the HP better than the regular Diamondback.

Midway has a Vortex Viper model and a Viper Diamondback HP on sale.

Here is a killer deal on a Vortex Viper.
Here’s another Vortex. I like the HP better than the regular Diamondback.
Are those first focal plane or second focal plane? I’d stick with first focal plane.

6E0E4946-E570-4B9C-A8BF-931F5DD06816.jpeg
I only shoot suppressed and shoot a bunch of different ammo.
Thus whole sheet is Eley action out of a 457 with a factory varmint barrel 16.5” and suppressed.
5 shot groups at 50 yards.
When shooting some SV ammo or subs it’s super quiet. It was so quiet today that a guy on the range started to walk down range as I was shooting because he couldn’t hear them with his muffs on.
At my elevation SV ammo usually breaks the sound barrier.
Accuracy seems fine with the can.

A guy started to walk down the range.........

Incredible.

yep. He was one of the guys “teaching” a carbine course (due to fire restrictions we have very limited outdoor ranges available right now). No range officers or anything like that.

I packed it up shortly after that. Figured I didn’t want to be around if something dumb happened.

I guess it shows how quiet a suppressed 22lr can be.
I was using an aluminum SiCo sparrow with the original design baffles so it’s not the quietest can but it works fine on rifles

Oh, that’s nothing. I was at the range shooting unsupressed. Me and the guy next to me look up and the guy a few lanes down just walks down range while everyone is shooting to check his target. Not only that, but the guy is holding a locked and loaded AR pistol which he proceeds to point at everyone on the range when he turns around with it pointed right at us. The truly amazing thing was we all said something to him and explained the rules. We call a cease fire, turn on the light and go down to put up new targets. While we are down there the guy starts shooting! We all left at that point and made sure the range owners knew what was going on. Some people have no common sense.

Oh, that’s nothing. I was at the range shooting unsupressed. Me and the guy next to me look up and the guy a few lanes down just walks down range while everyone is shooting to check his target. Not only that, but the guy is holding a locked and loaded AR pistol which he proceeds to point at everyone on the range when he turns around with it pointed right at us. The truly amazing thing was we all said something to him and explained the rules. We call a cease fire, turn on the light and go down to put up new targets. While we are down there the guy starts shooting! We all left at that point and made sure the range owners knew what was going on. Some people have no common sense.

wow that’s crazy. People need some help for sure.
One guy came over and looked at my gun and told me I had too much scope for the gun :rolleyes:.

usually the guys I run into are super cool but I think hunting season, riots and c-19 has brought everyone out of the woodworks.

back to the CZ457
It seems my varmint barrel is shooting better than my MTR barrel with the ammo I have.

I need to see the difference in headspace one of these days but the varmint barrel is shooting well enough that I don’t want to mess with a thing till winter after hunting season

I have a 457 Lux, the thing is ridiculously good for the money. We've taken it out to 200 yards regularly and always make consistent hits using regular ol' ammo. Super fun gun.

I have a 457 Lux, the thing is ridiculously good for the money. We've taken it out to 200 yards regularly and always make consistent hits using regular ol' ammo. Super fun gun.
I'm shocked even crappy ammo is really good. Took some better Federal out to 200 and was equally shocked....llving this CZ

Honestly, the most shocking part is that its just as accurate as my Anschutz 1907!
I'm not as good a shot as @Mike Casselton who also shoots an Annie everything he looks at gets plinked with that thing, but I've got to say this rifle will never hold *me* back. A golf ball is 1.68" and we both destroy them with so much boring regularity at 100 yards we are moving it out to 150 next time. I've been using Federal bulk copper plated 36g HP for this.

I'm not as good a shot as @Mike Casselton who also shoots an Annie everything he looks at gets plinked with that thing, but I've got to say this rifle will never hold *me* back. A golf ball is 1.68" and we both destroy them with so much boring regularity at 100 yards we are moving it out to 150 next time. I've been using Federal bulk copper plated 36g HP for this.

Same here, both the 457 and the Anschutz are more accurate than I am which is probably why I'm getting the same performance out of both. I did hit something like 0.35 MOA with the Anschutz and those Federal HPs though!

Same here, both the 457 and the Anschutz are more accurate than I am which is probably why I'm getting the same performance out of both. I did hit something like 0.35 MOA with the Anschutz and those Federal HPs though!
I am sure 150 will change the game for me, but Mike will probably still be bored to death!

Hey!!
Shouldn't you be getting some work done so we can shoot this week? 😁😁
Listening to someone babble on speaker phone.....which could have been done on a 75 word email....yet here I sit 30 minutes in she has yet to take a breath...bbbbbaaabbbbblblblblbling

Love my 457 Pro varmint so far. Put it in a MPA chassis just for feel but it shot great before that too.

Attachments

• czIMG_3190.JPG
    czIMG_3190.JPG
    461.8 KB · Views: 179
  • czIMG_2971.JPG
    czIMG_2971.JPG
    763.5 KB · Views: 188
  • czIMG_2972.JPG
    czIMG_2972.JPG
    864.8 KB · Views: 122
  • czIMG_2973.JPG
    czIMG_2973.JPG
    779.3 KB · Views: 118
  • czIMG_3193.JPG
    czIMG_3193.JPG
    606.6 KB · Views: 132
Reactions: Mr. Wolf
SubMech - nice shooting! Can you share the ammo, distance and # of shots in the groups?
cheers!
Those were all 10 shot groups at 50 yards with SK standard plus. Not just the best groups but repeatable. I tried a few different lots, and different ammo before I got those results. SK Rifle match and Lapua center X were better at 100 yards but not at 50, I could not get a solid group with Lapua X-act at 50 yards but it was great at 400, so I just stick with standard plus since it was more consistent.

Reactions: Mr. Wolf
Those were all 10 shot groups at 50 yards with SK standard plus. Not just the best groups but repeatable. I tried a few different lots, and different ammo before I got those results. SK Rifle match and Lapua center X were better at 100 yards but not at 50, I could not get a solid group with Lapua X-act at 50 yards but it was great at 400, so I just stick with standard plus since it was more consistent.

That SK ammo seems really good, I slept on it when TargetSportsUSA had it a couple weeks ago and now I can't find any. I got a new barrel for my 457 that I'd like to try some higher quality ammo with.

I love it - if you are military Vortex offers 40% off via Expert Voice too - so that makes it one hell of a deal. Something to be aware of however, if you are a fan of scope caps - Tenebraex (my go-to brand) doesn't have an objective cover that fits this particular model. I contacted them to see if other Vortex 56mm objective covers would fit, however they indicated that Vortex has a different thread pattern on this particular scope - so I am running Vortex branded objective cover in the front (eh okay) and a Tenebraex UAC019-FCR for the eyepiece. I am a little OCD about this stuff - so it is annoying - but not bad.

My set-up is the MPA CZ 457 30 MOA Scope Rail. I know that most everyone with 457's are running Area 419 rails, however I find the MPA version to be a bit shorter and cleaner looking (doesn't have the giant "419" on the side). While the Area 419 version does have the built in level - I can't imagine that being very visible once you are behind the scope without moving your head. I am using an Accuracy 1st Level - much better IMO. Reference rings, I am using the Seekins 34mm 1" High. Initially I thought they might be too high, but as you can see from the photo, it leaves JUST the right amount of room for the scope cap.

The last note I will mention - for a 34mm tube - it is not that heavy. But it is heavier than what most are running on their 457s. For me, it is worth it - but I was definitely surprised at the difference in weight once I removed it...haha.

I found a strike eagle 5-25x56 at a good price. What throw lever are you using? Seems Vortex doesn't make one for this scope...at least that i could find.

Oh ok. I did not know that. It's being shipped to me as we speak. I appreciate you telling me that.

20200902_111205.jpg

Ever since I got my Anschütz, I stopped taking the 457 quite so seriously. It's a Lux model with a couple "funny" mods on it. It has a 457 Varmint barrel with an A2 flash hider (lol), a 0 MOA picatinny rail, Reptilia 1.93" riser and green MRO. The only thing it's missing is a suppressor. The "goal" for this meme build is an extremely quiet, small caliber gun for night vision pest control. Subsonics in it should be about as loud as the clap of a hand. I realize I'll probably get shit for this one but it's entertaining to shoot.

View attachment 7416783

Ever since I got my Anschütz, I stopped taking the 457 quite so seriously. It's a Lux model with a couple "funny" mods on it. It has a 457 Varmint barrel with an A2 flash hider (lol), a 0 MOA picatinny rail, Reptilia 1.93" riser and green MRO. The only thing it's missing is a suppressor. The "goal" for this meme build is an extremely quiet, small caliber gun for night vision pest control. Subsonics in it should be about as loud as the clap of a hand. I realize I'll probably get shit for this one but it's entertaining to shoot.

Hey, Form Follows Function as they say! If it gets the job done....

Reactions: onion
I just picked up a 457 at-one varmint 24” today and I have a vortex Crossfire ii 3-9x40 v-plex laying around. Will this scope do this rifle a disservice or it’ll be fine? (I know if I have to ask...) just wondering. Thanks

Reactions: Gassoline
I just picked up a 457 at-one varmint 24” today and I have a vortex Crossfire ii 3-9x40 v-plex laying around. Will this scope do this rifle a disservice or it’ll be fine? (I know if I have to ask...) just wondering. Thanks

Good for the squirrel hunting part, but I'd want more magnification on the high end for target work. I find the 4-16 range a good compromise.

Reactions: LoCal247
that’s awesome. Mostly I’m curious what the CZ 02313 looks like. It’s the synthetic suppressor ready 457 varmint. Is it more of an American style stock?

The CZ rep I spoke to said they had no plans to bring in royals this year. Im guessing they might even be a limited production/novelty model even where they are available.
You wouldn't happen to have dimensions on the stock of the 457 suppressor ready, would you? Trying to determine if the forend is wide enough and flat enough to attach an arca rail.

You wouldn't happen to have dimensions on the stock of the 457 suppressor ready, would you? Trying to determine if the forend is wide enough and flat enough to attach an arca rail.

It’s wide enough. I make arca rails out of G10 and have mounted them on the pro Varmint model and the Boyd’s At One model. The pro Varmint is a lot wider but here is one on an AT One Boyd’s stock that I cerakoted blue.
1A69FB16-56A6-4700-917D-823733BDB21D.jpeg

Reactions: BuckeyeSniper
It’s wide enough. I make arca rails out of G10 and have mounted them on the pro Varmint model and the Boyd’s At One model. The pro Varmint is a lot wider but here is one on an AT One Boyd’s stock that I cerakoted blue.
View attachment 7426670
That's pretty cool looking. Just to be clear though, I was talking about the American Synthetic Suppressor Ready, not the Pro Varmint. Is that what you were speaking of? Do you just make those rails for your own use or do you sell them? Have a website?

Hey Guys,
A little off topic but I've been searching around trying to find out if CZ gurantees sub-moa on their rifles? I figure you guys would be the right people to ask as I haven't found an answer elsewhere.

Hey Guys,
A little off topic but I've been searching around trying to find out if CZ gurantees sub-moa on their rifles? I figure you guys would be the right people to ask as I haven't found an answer elsewhere.
I've not seen anything of a guarantee but I've not seen one that wouldn't shoot well if the owner put in the time to find the ammo it likes.

I've not seen anything of a guarantee but I've not seen one that wouldn't shoot well if the owner put in the time to find the ammo it likes.
That's sort of been what I have been finding. Odd that CZ wouldn't just throw a guarantee on there if this is the case. I've met a few people who went Tikka for that reason alone, when it seems the two are fairly comparable in terms of accuracy.

Reactions: BuckeyeSniper