• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Day at my backyard range with Sako TRG and AR15’s,

matt33

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 1, 2009
Bradford/Susquehanna Co, PA
I had a nice day today at the range with my Sako TRG-22 and one of my AR15’s. Winds were pretty gusty, but otherwise it was a perfect day for shooting. I’m lucky enough to live on a sizable chunk of land in a very rural part of northern PA. From my bench, I have targets mounted at 50, 100, and 305 yards. I can also lay in my side field and get out to 348 yards. My neighbor has an awesome 1,400 yard field that is perfect for extended range shooting, but a natural gas well pad is currently under construction there which prevented me from shooting there today.
IMG_0675.jpg

TRGrangedayAR15s008.jpg

I just re-configured my AR15’s so I headed out today to get everything properly zero’d. I’m really happy with all three AR’s. The first is a Colt LE6920 with a Trijicon TA31a ACOG, DD Omega, and a Geiselle HS trigger. This is my general purpose carbine and I love the way it’s configured now. It’s very practical for where I live and my style of shooting.
TRGrangedayAR15s013.jpg

The second AR is an LMT 16” carbine. I’ve only shot it out to 150 yards with the Aimpoint ML3 2 MOA mounted, but I had no problems hitting a 7” x 10” steel silhouette at that distance. I ordered a Troy BUIS last week, but I’m still waiting for it to arrive. I added a DD Omega rail last week. This is my HD carbine. It’s worth mentioning that before I tried Geiselle and the TRG triggers, I thought the LMT trigger was fairly decent; by comparison it now feels heavy, gritty, and vague.
TRGrangedayAR15s014.jpg

The third AR is a Noveske 16” SS Recon with a NF 2.5-10x MD/mrad and a Geiselle HS DMR trigger. This carbine actually comes very close to my TRG in accuracy; I’ve shot several .5 - .6 MOA five round groups at 100 – 300 yards using 77 gr SMK’s with this setup. It’s a little heavier than my other two AR’s, but it’s very light compared to other precision rifles I’ve owned. I absolutely love shooting it.
TRGrangedayAR15s015.jpg

I’ve been guilty of shooting my TRG from the bench far too much since buying it last year. I’m making a conscious effort to shoot primarily from field positions moving forward. I did shoot one group at 100 yards from my bench today to confirm my zero, but after that I shot prone from 348 yards. The TRG system, S&B 5-25 PMII, and Sphur mount are pretty pricey, but shooting this thing makes me feel like a world class marksman. 5 round strings of 3” x 3” headshots on the 7” x 10” steel silhouettes were cake. 10 – 12x magnification was my preference at this distance. If you’ve never pulled the trigger on a TRG, it can only be described as incredible. I had a hard time parting with the money to buy this rig, but every time I shoot it, I consider it money well spent.
TRGrangedayAR15s004.jpg

TRGrangedayAR15s001.jpg

TRGrangedayAR15s006.jpg

TRGrangedayAR15s005.jpg

Group from the bench, 5th shot was pulled slightly:
TRGrangedayAR15s011.jpg

Re: Day at my backyard range with Sako TRG and AR15’s,

Awesome shooting and some nice guns! I'm originally from Bradford but have since moved about 3.5 hours away. Still have some family up in the Wellsville area, unfortunately haven't had a chance to get up there lately. Definatly some nice chunks of land out there if you know the right people

Excellent! I would almost sell my soul to have a range in my back yard.

Wow,

You have way to many nice toys.
cool.gif

Regards, Paul.