• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Denver SNOWMAGEDDON Coming!

Northerners bitching about snow is about like southerners bitching about the heat. I can’t help but think that @lowlight ’s winter wonderland pics and posts are ironic in nature.

We drove to Angelfire, NM from Lubbock, TX one year in a blizzard. It definitely comes through in the pics...

An AAR on the Palisade RF match would be appreciated. I was signed up but bailed due to the weather....
The match was insanely good. You really missed out. 😁

The ride home was as expected. I'll let @Krob95 give you the details. He'll never forget. 🤠

I did get to snow blow for four hours after our 5+ hour ride home in blizzard over several passes and a mystery route home using Squaw Pass due to I-70 getting closed, again, at Floyd Hill for "safety" reasons. And Kodi gets to spend the night because his tires suck and he doesn't want to drive from Thornton to Loveland in this shit.

Last edited:
May be close to 60 here in Eastern WA today... okay mid 50's .... :ROFLMAO: Still have a couple scoop shovels I can overnight ship for mega dollars. Just trying to help. I am happy not to be dealing with snow... pretty mild winter here overall.

Last edited:
Photos from my wife’s cousin’s home north of Cheyenne. Obviously some drifting, but still....a lot of snow!
Meanwhile at our home in north-central Wyoming......it reached 50 degrees, no moisture, and our highest wind gust was 16 mph! memtb

s6oRYCDl.jpg

Yg0kr1xl.jpg

OrMY5aQl.jpg

Last edited:
I bet we got 2-3 inches of rain. Its sunny again with stark spring time looking clouds rolling over.

Snow, Pfffft :p , Its sunny and 60% here, Im headed for the range.

• Haha
Reactions: DIBBS
Wtf! It went from 60 degrees here in Washington to snow this morning. Just a little bit. Damn bi polar weather this time of year.
2CF0C269-CBB9-44A8-BDEF-B83E953EEBD6.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Threadcutter308
We were in Laramie last week for a ski trip to Snowy Mountain. Cut it a day short and headed home Friday after skiing.

Did kids in CO get snow days before it became a liberal shithole?

Here in Sterling we got about 2" of moisture, lots of rain with the snow, and not as usual coming in sideways as it did for you guys W of us. We really need the moisture and are greatful to have it. Beef producers near me did fairly well, a loss or 2 but not bad.
I think this storm was great as we desparatly need the moisture and for the most part it didn't blow in too much sideways. There was a little drifting but for the most part it just fell and stuck in place around here. Can't ask for much better than that.

What is a blizzard? Well, I hope the Wyoming guys help me out here as they know and deal with it a lot., It is sustained winds of Well over 35+ MPH for longer than 36-48hours I think, with snow and blowing snow and a good blizzard has visibility reduced to the hood ornament on your vehicle or less. You won't be able to see the little table in your back yard nor the end of your porch railing,-- if it were a true blizzard, the snow would be drifting into the fence line and not stacking up on the table nor the trees as the wind took care of that shit and drifted it elsewhere wind speeds would be 50-60 +. This was just a nice wet Spring weather event with a bit of drifting too.
Until you can't see the end of the porch rail, it is just a good Spring Snow event, Blizzaeds make a mess of things and causes inconvenience and the snow is heavy but full of moisture that we really need.

Now what is a blizzard?

Go up onto Cedar Point NW of Limon, where the Earth gets it's enamas, where you were sent to rescue a family of 4 from Texas by CSP dispatch, that just thought it wasn't that bad and they could make it but got stuck and drove off of the road into the median.
Arrive in your K-30 Chev wrecker truck with a single cab and winch them out, put all 4 of them, as they are cold, their shit no longer runs, so no heater,in the single cab with you, only to discover that Tex. pushed the fan into the radiator and that is going NO place other than on the end of the wrecker.
Spend 2 days and 1 night with these stupid assholes that ran the road closure signs where you tie a piece of para-cord to them when they go out to piss or shit and make sure it is tied right to the children, but not their parents, as they are fools, but keep everything straight and when weather permits, you head to the barn.
Conditions were such that you could not see the front of my wrecker, but I was sent out there to get them, and I did. None of them argued about using the line to go piss or shit. That cab was crowded. We are all still to this day good friends. 2 days and 1 night. Used all of the rations and such that I had and Tex did not bitch about the bill, but I did have the rations on hand, in the truck, ready for a long stay.

Go out, if you are foolish enough, to the Carpenter exit on I-80 East of Chey. when the snow is blowing and check that out, then report back.

I really don't have much to put out other than I am 72 years old, BTDT, many times, and drove snowplows for 30 years and I kind of think that I have been there and done that in Spades and I think the Wyo. guys will back this up on this too.

Maybe you don't know what a real Blizzard is? Let me give you a clue,
Colorado weather can be a real BITCH. and I really don't think you know what you are talking about having come from the NE part of the nation but it can smack you in your ass IF, you don't know what you are doing. Be prepared. I have no problems when the power goes out.
You know more than I. FM

Last edited:
We were headed to Denver Sunday, but got a campsite in Pueblo when I25 closed at noon just north of the Academy.

My wife did a great job of driving up in the snow as I was sick as a dog in the passenger seat.

I was impressed with all the equipment Colorado DOT had out keeping snow off the roads.

My Family manned up and set things up in the dark with 30 degrees temps and 50mph winds. Those winds rocked the camper so bad I felt I was back at sea.

The March sun melted it all here today. We went out to the reservoir and as the sun set the water was glass.

Friends in CSprings sent us pics this morning of six foot drifts and snow canyons and Jeeps high centered. But said the plows had cleared most of the roads by sunset.

We will push on tomorrow.

I was impressed with all the equipment Colorado DOT had out keeping snow off the roads.
Here in Laramie the side-roads in town were not touched. That budget was spent on incessant street sweeping last summer. On my street the total snow fall had been pack down to about 6 inches of hard-pack that is melting by day, freezing by night. Travel in and around Laramie is going to be increasingly perilous in the coming days......

Well, I got busy actually working and didn't have time to post up.

I played Uber in my 4x4 truck on Sunday and Monday AM, rolling out at 0500 and 0545 (no calls for pick ups until 0530 on Monday).
Definitely got to drive through a few deep drifts and snow piles.

Only had to pull 1 Subaru out. Young gal thought she could drive theough the plow berm and got high centered.
quick and easy work.

The sunglasses is where I'm standing in the first pic. This is after yesterday's meltdown. I'd say these drifts lost 6" yesterday. Then refroze last night enough to stand and walk on them today. But melting fast again. About 2 ½ feet today.

IMG_1862.jpeg

IMG_1863.jpeg

It is sad how many younger people or other people from foreign lands don't pay attention as to closure gates and the media telling them to stay home and let this thing buck. " Powder River, an Inch deep, a mile wide, and God only knows how long, let her buck." but, expect to be rescued when they fuck up.BTDT many times.

This is much needed moisture and I am very greatful for it as I am sure most people out here would be. My wheat is loving it as is my yard and my flowers that Fluffy shits in.

Some drifting and blowing West and North of us, but nothing out of the norm. but here it just came down wet and heavy.

Our snowpack up in the hills where we get our water from is way behind normal. Not something we haven't seen before in drought years passed, like the 50s and 70s. Dry years and just part of the cycle. Not all years are good when you are farming. You win some and you loose some.

I predict that within the next few years, within a normal drought cycle, we will see people fighting for the run-off to go to the reservoirs for urban water supply, many of those watersheds are now burned out now and that will be rough to deal with but I think it will happen. You people may take some Black Water baths.

This storm was a greatlully appreciated Doozie with lots of water in it, and agian, I am happy to have it as it has been so dry out here.

There will come a day when water supplies are short with all of the people in the Front Range and Ski areas moving in, that now conrol us politically, but we farmers will hang in there. Water will be the key, and there is just not enough to sustain all of the Front Range and the Ski areas but where does your food come from?, and yet they are moving here by the Hoards to tell the Old Farts how it is done back in California and Mass. or NJ or NY or whatever.

This was but a nice storm with a lot of water in it that we all need.

Were it a blizzard, you would know it when the drifts up to the school house are such that you can walk from the drift to the roof and look around where there is no snow at all as it is blown into a drift bt HIGH winds.

I am done with this nonsense. Just rember where your food comes from.
HINT, it is out on the farms. where you never go.

Colorado blizzard is now Denver’s 4th largest storm on record​

City’s official measuring station at Denver International Airport recorded 24.1 inches as of 6 p.m. Sunday​

And melting fast.

The 2006 multi blizzards in mid December was by far the worse I can remember. Yet none of the three makes the all time list. The first two were killers but the last one was really not a "blizzard", just a decent snow. At least that's how I remember it. And the snow piles lasted 4-6 weeks. The March storms are much more fun. 🤠

Reactions: powdahound76
Those were Doozies!!

skiing was great.
I was driving Berthoud Pass a couple days a week in those storms to get to work.
Never got stuck.
Honda Civic. Studded Hakkapaleta 5s.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope

Colorado blizzard is now Denver’s 4th largest storm on record​

City’s official measuring station at Denver International Airport recorded 24.1 inches as of 6 p.m. Sunday​

Be careful there. DIA used to be in Denver not out in the middle of nowhere.

Reactions: Oldloser
Our snowpack up in the hills where we get our water from is way behind normal. Not something we haven't seen before in drought years passed, like the 50s and 70s. Dry years and just part of the cycle. Not all years are good when you are farming. You win some and you loose some.

I predict that within the next few years, within a normal drought cycle, we will see people fighting for the run-off to go to the reservoirs for urban water supply, many of those watersheds are now burned out now and that will be rough to deal with but I think it will happen. You people may take some Black Water baths.

This storm was a greatlully appreciated Doozie with lots of water in it, and agian, I am happy to have it as it has been so dry out here.

There will come a day when water supplies are short with all of the people in the Front Range and Ski areas moving in, that now conrol us politically, but we farmers will hang in there. Water will be the key, and there is just not enough to sustain all of the Front Range and the Ski areas but where does your food come from?, and yet they are moving here by the Hoards to tell the Old Farts how it is done back in California and Mass. or NJ or NY or whatever.

This was but a nice storm with a lot of water in it that we all need.
T Boone already knows...
  1. Blue Gold: T. Boone Pickens Hoarding Water Rights | HuffPost

www.huffpost.com › entry › blue-gold-t-boone-pickens
    May 25, 2011 · Pickens has also bought up the rights to a considerable amount of water that lies below this part of the High Plains in a vast aquifer that came into existence millions of years ago. If water is the new oil, T. Boone Pickens is a modern-day John D. Rockefeller.

Here in Laramie the side-roads in town were not touched. That budget was spent on incessant street sweeping last summer. On my street the total snow fall had been pack down to about 6 inches of hard-pack that is melting by day, freezing by night. Travel in and around Laramie is going to be increasingly perilous in the coming days......
Now you know what a snow/ice storm looks like in Texas. Snow plow? We don't have any stinking snow plows.

My business incoming shipments have come to a standing with USPS, FedEx and UPS. Not a thing moving. They are going to milk this for all they can.......

Good looking old truck. What's the deal with the bumper?
I bought it this way, it’s fabbed out of 12” channel with 2 hinged drop doors also made from channel with storage boxes alongside the frame on both sides . Chains ,handyman jack ,assorted longer tools and spare last ditch sporting equipment (wrapped carefully) fit out of sight . 1980 3/4 ton, BB ,turbo 400, 123,000 original miles. Hickey sidewinder winch upfront (works great)

It's melting fast.
Sure the hell is. Here it is evaporating too. The main roads here are nearly dry but the damn side roads make me glad to be driving a 4x4 truck. Hard on the suspension. My deliveries finally started coming in today, which is a relief......