• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Sidearms & Scatterguns do we have any bowling pin shooters

Re: do we have any bowling pin shooters

I shoot a g22 with a burris fast fire, kkm barrel and a sjc 11 port comp.

I use my my Glock 30 or 21C mostly. 200gr montana gold over 5.5-5.75gr Titegroup, for ~900fps

Most of the guys at the local range use lead. I am hoping to use some projectiles that I have made and see what they do.

My dad was a big time bowling pin shooter and its how i was raised shooting .45s. His last creation was a Kimber Stainless Target with a 460 Rowland conversion. But mostly just shot it with the regular .45 barrel with 230gr SWC

I use a Colt Series 70 Gold Cup. Lead 225 grn bullets. You dont need hot loads.

I will offer a warning about shooting the solid plastic pins. Don't! My uncle is a rangemaster at an IL range that shoots old bowling pins that are donated by a member. One case happened to be plastic and some of the pistol rounds were bouncing off. One round smacked a shooter right in the zipper! No one was hurt, but now the range has a "no plastic pin" policy.

We shoot them at SRT Training pretty often. Everything from .40 pistols, MP5/40 and our M4's. Great targets if you add the right amount of distance to make it worth while.

sorry forgot details

180 ball or 180 gr Winchester Rangers for pistol and MP5
55gr Ranger .223
and 168 gr FGMM if we use them for sniper training. You can paint them and add shapes to the top of them, mix them up and arrange them so you have to work the angles to get the shot off without hitting a "hostage"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dang472</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will offer a warning about shooting the solid plastic pins. Don't! My uncle is a rangemaster at an IL range that shoots old bowling pins that are donated by a member. One case happened to be plastic and some of the pistol rounds were bouncing off. One round smacked a shooter right in the zipper! No one was hurt, but now the range has a "no plastic pin" policy. </div></div>

We shoot plastic coated wood pins. I've fairly commonly noticed "comebackers", particularly when running a 200gr bullet @ ~800fps. Upping that to ~900fps made it much less common.

Yeah the plastic coated ones are usually fine. I think they are pretty common at most bowling alleys. These particular ones were solid plastic. We aren't really sure where they came from. My uncle loves when the pins take a few good hits and start "shitting toothpicks"!