• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Drank the Geissle Kool-Aid Finally

diggler1833

World's Okayest Rancher and Hog Hunter
Minuteman
  • Jul 22, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Put their SSA trigger into my LR308B last night. World of difference. The rifle will hold sub MOA with Atomic 168gr of all things, and I still have 80 more rounds of the stuff to test the difference a good trigger makes. Will take the rifle to the in-laws and leaving it there for hog hunting when we visit.

Tomorrow I'll be hacking that ridiculous gas block down to an acceptable level and swapping the craptastic handguard for a rifle length PRI.

Couple of hundred bucks well invested.

So many "fanboys" on here. Just like so many of the most hyped pieces of kit here, I am not a fan. The only one I have owned was nothing but trouble. And I was not the only one that did. But then, I understand that model is now out of production. I have one CMC trigger that has been running great for seven years of pretty hard use.
    There are many top notch options for AR triggers offered today.

So many "fanboys" on here. Just like so many of the most hyped pieces of kit here, I am not a fan. The only one I have owned was nothing but trouble. And I was not the only one that did. But then, I understand that model is now out of production. I have one CMC trigger that has been running great for seven years of pretty hard use.
    There are many top notch options for AR triggers offered today.

Yea, Geissle shooters are fanboys..... Back about 10+ years ago, Bill invented the FINEST trigger for Highpower match shooters. He also came out with the Hi-Speed and DMR. The DMR was routinely used to replaced the OLD SR25 KAC 2 stage that was flawed (and has since been redesigned and is now fantastic) within SOCOM. Then add the tens of thousands of other shooters who happily paid $250-300 for a trigger.

I got a bad Geissle trigger pin about 10 years ago on a SPR build, that would walk out. Bought a set of KNS pins and it fixed that. People use his triggers because they are top notch and VERY VERY reliable. You will not hear many people complaining about QC or breakages. If you had a legit problem he would have taken care of you.

So save your fanboy bullshit for the ignorant. Bill makes one of if not the best production trigger availible for the Ar platform (and SCAR and TAVOR) at a good price and he supports ALOT of shoots and competions. His shit is dead nuts reliable. How many CMC triggers are in guns in Afganistan right now? How many were in Iraq or Africa or the Phillipenes or any other hotbed crisis zone? Didn't think so.

Yea, Geissle shooters are fanboys..... Back about 10+ years ago, Bill invented the FINEST trigger for Highpower match shooters. He also came out with the Hi-Speed and DMR. The DMR was routinely used to replaced the OLD SR25 KAC 2 stage that was flawed (and has since been redesigned and is now fantastic) within SOCOM. Then add the tens of thousands of other shooters who happily paid $250-300 for a trigger.

People use his triggers because they are top notch and VERY, VERY reliable. You will not hear many people complaining about QC or breakages. If you had a legit problem he would have taken care of you.

So save your fanboy bullshit for the ignorant. Bill makes one of if not the best production trigger availible for the Ar platform (and SCAR and TAVOR) at a good price and he supports ALOT of shoots and competions. His shit is dead nuts reliable. How many CMC triggers are in guns in Afganistan right now? How many were in Iraq or Africa or the Phillipenes or any other hotbed crisis zone? Didn't think so.

It's VERY, VERY rare that Cobra and I agree...on ANYTHING but I agree with him 100% on this. My only complaint about Geissele? They don't make a trigger for bolt guns because other than that, it doesn't get better than a Geissele.

There's Geissele and then there's everything else. I won't use a different trigger in my semi autos.

A great trigger and also great customer support. I managed to screw up the adjustments. They suggested sending it back for evaluation. It was back in 5 days with extra springs and a bunch of swag.

I agree--I wish they had triggers for bolt actions.

and another thing about Geissele, i was at his booth up at camp perry finger banging the demo triggers
    when a junior shooter came in and started to ask a few question's about what one would be best for his
    service rifle and he handed him a rifle set up with a 2 stage service rifle set at the min weight,the kid tested it a few pulls and
    the smile he had was all it took, bill (i think thats who it was )grabbed his rifle and ten minutes later he had
    installed one in his,the junior was a little shocked and said that he couldn't pay for it,and bill said try it
    and remember where you got it.and have a nice day! that was all it took for me to be a supporter of his
    and i brought a 2 stage match on the spot, and it is a great trigger!

Sorry, but I just have to be the bad guy here. After trying three different units of the same trigger I finally went to a RRA two stage. That cured the doubling issue I kept having. Like I said though, it was a unit that has since been discontinued so maybe I was onto something.
    Oh, by the way, I do not and never have worked for a competing brand so my opinion is just my honest opinion based on my experiences alone. I am certainly glad your results are otherwise.

RRA 2 stage triggers are a good, cheap alternative to a Geiselle. I have one in my Noveske 14.5 Afghan, and it works fine. Little more creep, not quite as crispy a break, but VERY nice.

But in my humble opinion, the Geiselle triggers are the best. Just looking at the fit and finish of the part, and you can see that it is the result of keen engineering and very high-quality manufacturing and QC.

The WORST part of Geiselle triggers is that they will SPOIL YOU, and soon you will be spending $1000 on triggers to retrofit all your semi-auto's....

RRA 2 stage triggers are a good, cheap alternative to a Geiselle. I have one in my Noveske 14.5 Afghan, and it works fine. Little more creep, not quite as crispy a break, but VERY nice.

But in my humble opinion, the Geiselle triggers are the best. Just looking at the fit and finish of the part, and you can see that it is the result of keen engineering and very high-quality manufacturing and QC.

The WORST part of Geiselle triggers is that they will SPOIL YOU, and soon you will be spending $1000 on triggers to retrofit all your semi-auto's....

No they aren't. RRA triggers are massives hunks of shit that A. Have a garbage trigger pull and B. Not if but WILL fail with use. They are proven junk, not worthy of any reccomendation or even being put in the same stratosphere as Geissle or KAC for the matter.

Sorry, but I just have to be the bad guy here. After trying three different units of the same trigger I finally went to a RRA two stage. That cured the doubling issue I kept having. Like I said though, it was a unit that has since been discontinued so maybe I was onto something.
    Oh, by the way, I do not and never have worked for a competing brand so my opinion is just my honest opinion based on my experiences alone. I am certainly glad your results are otherwise.

I would bet 100 to 1 you installed it incorrectly. In that 1 chance it was the actual trigger componets, all you would had to have done is Call Giessle and they would have had a replacement shipped to you THAT day, with the stipulation that you return the defective product? Why would they want it back? Beacuse Bill is sure as shit going to find out why it was not working and diagnoss the problem.

There are VERY few gun products you can buy with the reputation and reliability of his triggers. I really cannot emphisize this enough.......they are the GOLD standard trigger(s) for a good reason.

Apples and Pineapples. I just wish Bill would make one for a R700 clone......

No they aren't. RRA triggers are massives hunks of shit that A. Have a garbage trigger pull and B. Not if but WILL fail with use. They are proven junk, not worthy of any reccomendation or even being put in the same stratosphere as Geissle or KAC for the matter.

Really on the RRA's? I didn't install it myself so only have judged on how it "feels" to my amateur hands. Good to know that they can be unreliable. Guess that's why they are so cheap comparatively.

Looks like I need another SSA...

If you liked the SSA, try their DMR. Some folks just don't like 2 stage triggers. Any of the major manufacturers are good in AR's nowdays, Timney, CMC, etc... gotta use what you like.

I would bet 100 to 1 you installed it incorrectly. In that 1 chance it was the actual trigger componets, all you would had to have done is Call Giessle and they would have had a replacement shipped to you THAT day, with the stipulation that you return the defective product? Why would they want it back? Beacuse Bill is sure as shit going to find out why it was not working and diagnoss the problem.

There are VERY few gun products you can buy with the reputation and reliability of his triggers. I really cannot emphisize this enough.......they are the GOLD standard trigger(s) for a good reason.

Not installed incorrectly. Sorry to disappoint you since you think I am an idiot for lambasting your first and only love but I do know how to install. The model I forget but it was a single stage (abnormal for them I think) and supplied as OEM from the manufacturer of the rifle. They sent me three of them and even consulted with Giessle. Face the fact that any company can deliver a poor product. The rest of their products may be the best in the world and worth their weight in gold but I don't think I will need another. It's just the way I work.

3 bad triggers in a row... story is starting to grow its own pair of leggs.

Does not mean you are in idiot for installing them incorrectly, it even happens to pros sometimes. 99 out of 100 people who complain about his triggers have either installed them incorrectley or tried to fuck with the adjustments.

Neither.
    And three would be correct. The company had several more guns with the same trigger that had the same issue. I am sure it isn't the same or even close to what you have been pleased with. I really think it was an attempt at a OEM trigger gone awry. I do not know Mr. Giessle nor do I know you. I don't have reason to lie about this so no need to talk about the story growing legs. My last name is not Rooney (of TR fame). I am just a guy that has an experience that didn't measure up. It was kinda like the Cadillac Cimmeron of the past. Yea, it was a Caddy but everybody knew it was really a Cavalier.

Concur, the RRA 2-Stage triggers I've messed with are garbage next to the Geissele units. I've sold & installed ~50 Geisseles over the last few years. Zero issues of any kind. 100% happy customers. I have them in over a dozen personal AR's.

3 bad triggers in a row... story is starting to grow its own pair of leggs.

Does not mean you are in idiot for installing them incorrectly, it even happens to pros sometimes. 99 out of 100 people who complain about his triggers have either installed them incorrectley or tried to fuck with the adjustments.
    How do you install an ssa incorrectly??? I'm a big fan of Bill Geissele and his hi speed triggers, but the I'm very unimpressed by the ssa. Installing one of his hi speed triggers can absolutely be done incorrectly but to install any of the non adjustable triggers incorrectly would make me question the compotenticy of the gun owner... Tip of the hat to you cobra for being the all knowing and voice of reason for everything here on the hide.

Upside down trigger/hammer spring usually is the culprit. Seen it a whole bunch of times. Same with people trying to dick with the adjustments. Then people asking why their triggers don't work.

He did not state which model, what time frame and what gun they came on. If it was an issue, we would have heard about it somewhere, especialy more AR oriented forums.

The trigger model, I believe, was the Super V and it is not listed as an available model on the Geissele website. It was a non-adjustable single stage trigger. I admit to having zero experience with the various two-stage models or, since I dealt with the rifle manufacturer, with Mr. Geissele.
    Furthermore, I apologize to the OP for derailing his happy thread about being the proud owner of a Geissele trigger. It is just often times I see people post lavishing praise on products they have never used and only dream of owning one day. I do not do that nor do I approve of those who do.
    Cobracutter, I appreciate the fact that you (even though you wanted to) did not make bold accusations that I am the anti-christ or a brain-dead druggie for disagreeing with the Geissele lovers.

Cobracutter, I appreciate the fact that you (even though you wanted to) did not make bold accusations that I am the anti-christ or a brain-dead druggie for disagreeing with the Geissele lovers.

You mean...you're not a brain-dead druggie?

cry-baby.jpg

Try a Hi Speed or DMR, they are noticibly better than SSA's or the single stages.

The HS NM triggers (whether Match or DMR) have no comparison on the market today in my experience. They are simply outstanding in every respect, especially the man (and woman) behind the scenes with respect to Bill. Another shining example of putting the CUSTOMER in customer service. The SD-E is more or less an SSA-E with the flat trigger versus the traditional curved shoe. They are exceptional and they do feel, just a hair lighter than the SSA-E thanks to the flat trigger.

As to the "haters"...well, haters gonna hate. ;) (Just messing with you shoot). I always hate hearing about people's bad experiences (actual or perceived) with a fine product like everything offered by Bill, but they aren't for everyone I suppose and certainly your experiences, were they mine as you have described them, would make me think twice. I'm afraid that the BAD experiences though are by far the EXCEPTION and NOT the rule with respect to Geissele triggers which I have run almost exclusively for many years now, along with many competitors I have shot beside along with self-proclaimed "precision riflemen" as well. To be fair and honest, I have run most of the currently available two-stage and single-stage AR triggers and while there are many "good" products on the market today...the Geissele triggers (in whichever flavor best suits your needs/wants) are the best available for precision rifle applications where a lighter weight, two-stage trigger is warranted/needed. For single-stage...I prefer, in no particular order, the JP, Timney (as drop-ins go) and the Wilson TTU.

Not installed incorrectly. Sorry to disappoint you since you think I am an idiot for lambasting your first and only love but I do know how to install. The model I forget but it was a single stage (abnormal for them I think) and supplied as OEM from the manufacturer of the rifle. They sent me three of them and even consulted with Giessle. Face the fact that any company can deliver a poor product. The rest of their products may be the best in the world and worth their weight in gold but I don't think I will need another. It's just the way I work.

Your comment about a SINGLE STAGE has me wondering if you got an ALG (Minority Owned leg of Geissele) (his wife if I remember right)......I think you might be be comparing apples and pineapples.

Triggers

Your comment about a SINGLE STAGE has me wondering if you got an ALG (Minority Owned leg of Geissele) (his wife if I remember right)......I think you might be be comparing apples and pineapples.

Triggers
    You may just keep wondering but it was clearly marketed as a Geissele Automatics trigger.
    It appears that Cobracutter is now stating that the two-stage triggers are superior to anything Geissele offers in single stage as well.

I got a bad Geissle trigger pin about 10 years ago on a SPR build, that would walk out. Bought a set of KNS pins and it fixed that. People use his triggers because they are top notch and VERY VERY reliable. You will not hear many people complaining about QC or breakages. If you had a legit problem he would have taken care of you.

You sir nailed it...exactly.

You may just keep wondering but it was clearly marketed as a Geissele Automatics trigger.
    It appears that Cobracutter is now stating that the two-stage triggers are superior to anything Geissele offers in single stage as well.

It appears your reading comprehension is also lacking.

Really. Maybe you can locate the single stage trigger here on Geissele's product page.
    Triggers
    Actually, you can't, it doesn't exist.

I've installed half a dozen SSA triggers in total, in my own and my friend's ARs and they all have the exact same feel, which is to say, excellent.

I'm told that the G2S are similar to the SSA, and they are a fair bit less expensive.

Really. Maybe you can locate the single stage trigger here on Geissele's product page.
    Triggers

I've installed half a dozen SSA triggers in total, in my own and my friend's ARs and they all have the exact same feel, which is to say, excellent.

I'm told that the G2S are similar to the SSA, and they are a fair bit less expensive.

READ MY F***KING earlier post asshole!!!!!
    It says that the single stage trigger I had trouble with is no longer made. It was produced as an OEM trigger for a gun manufacturer.
    I am tired of defending myself for not being in fucking love with one particular fucking company.
    ALL of you have some had some experience with some product from some company that enjoys a SH love fest that was not what all the fans here (whether they have actually ever had or used the product) claim.
    GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Triggers

Thank you for explaining the obvious. And yet he has still not stated what trigger it was and what rifle the trigger was oem on. He comes in here throwing a around a bunch of unproven shit with little to no detail on one of the most respected and reliable firearm componey manufactures on the planet. 3 bad triggers in a row? Doesnt pass the sniff test..

So many "fanboys" on here.

Sorry. Geissele shooters are fan MEN.
    I'll never go back. There may be other good triggers out there, but I'd bet very good money that there are none that are consistently better.

Last edited:
    I don't know about their Kool-Aid but I love their triggers. I am going to order up one for my new LWRC REPR. Never mind with the comments Cobra. I am a dyed in the wool LWRC Fan Boy.

I shoot in high power matches, for the ARs I rotate 3 rifles and all have GA triggers. Love them for competition shooting, but if I were to carry a rifle where I could be in 2 way shooting match it will not have a GA trigger. Last year alone I saw 2 GA triggers died on the firing line with broken hammers. A couple of friends who went to a big match reported another GA trigger that died on the firing line for the same problem. That is 3 too many hard shutdown failures.

For contrast my old Millazzo trigger must have seen 50K+ rounds with only problem is not meeting the 4 1/2 pounds weight limit. The same thing with the RRA 2 stage triggers, never had any disabling failures on them.

Thank you for explaining the obvious. And yet he has still not stated what trigger it was and what rifle the trigger was oem on. He comes in here throwing a around a bunch of unproven shit with little to no detail on one of the most respected and reliable firearm componey manufactures on the planet. 3 bad triggers in a row? Doesnt pass the sniff test..
    Now it appears you aren't able to read and comprehend CC.
    Read post #25.

SUPER V is what it was called.

and another thing about Geissele, i was at his booth up at camp perry finger banging the demo triggers
    when a junior shooter came in and started to ask a few question's about what one would be best for his
    service rifle and he handed him a rifle set up with a 2 stage service rifle set at the min weight,the kid tested it a few pulls and
    the smile he had was all it took, bill (i think thats who it was )grabbed his rifle and ten minutes later he had
    installed one in his,the junior was a little shocked and said that he couldn't pay for it,and bill said try it
    and remember where you got it.and have a nice day! that was all it took for me to be a supporter of his
    and i brought a 2 stage match on the spot, and it is a great trigger!

I run Geissle's triggers in all my ARs, so I appreciate what they can do, but that story is awesome. Thanks for sharing it! :cool:

Shoot4Fun, listen brotha man, here's the dealie. Your initial comment strongly insinuated that people running geissele equipped rigs were merely riding a wave of popular (and un-proven) hysteria. That sentiment was later reinforced by your subsequent posts. You also implied that many contribute to this false perception by agreeing with the overall acknowledgement of high quality and reliability without knowing these things through real experience. That is most often not the case my friend. I assure you, there are a lot of us who try them all to ensure the best fit to our specific application before we bitch about the things we don't have....

....people who run Geissele triggers know what it's like to run the best. I've literally run them all (check that, I haven't run any of the Jard triggers). I constantly seek opportunity for baby formula coupons in order to swap my JP, Timney's, Wilson's, out for Geissele's. I promise you it's not because they are inferior triggers. If you like single stage triggers you'd likely want to fuck the shit out of a SD-3G or the S3G. I did. Four times actually.

Btw... Anyone who wants the triggers below.... They're for sale;
    Timney 3lb single stage flat bow
    Timney 3lb single stage Skeletonized
    Wilson Combat 3G
    JP 3lb Single Stage w/speed hammer

:)

Now it appears you aren't able to read and comprehend CC.
    Read post #25.

SUPER V is what it was called.
    Don't worry, I don't call folks names (don't tolerate it either), instead I prefer to look at things objectively. That trigger you had appears to still be on the market: VTAC Super V Trigger

It's the first I've seen of that specific trigger, but after some brief research it seems to be a variation of the single stage S3G with a 4-4.5# pull spring, similar (or likely identical) to using the heavier spring that comes with a S3G/SDE. Those triggers are known to cause doubling issues if improperly applied. They are a specific type of competition style trigger that isn't for all rifle setups or for all shooters either. Over-gassing can cause this very easily, as can a myriad of other issues such as worn/over-sized trigger pin holes, and light buffers. It really doesn't surprise me that you had the same issue across three different triggers, as they are made to exacting specifications and all three would have been identical.

The likely fix for the issue you had may very well have been a different bolt carrier, heavier buffer or adjusting the gas down a touch. Could also be technique in your trigger pull, but without knowing you, your background or technique, I won't go so far as to say that is the case but it certainly would not be the first time a shooter has come across this. More often than not though, it's the shooter.

In other words, it sounds like your application of the trigger was not where it needed to be, not the trigger or the entire brand itself. Some details of the rifle you were using it in would help, but that would be further derailment of this thread.

Here's my own caveats: I like and prefer Geissele triggers, but I'm far from "fan-boy" status of anything including these. Yes, they're damn expensive and I don't have one in every rifle I own, but I do have 2x SSA-E, 1x SSA and 2x SD-E. No, I don't believe they're the end-all be-all, instead I simply believe they're a quality product that fills many precision and competition shooters' needs. There's other varieties out there that fill the rest.

I am not a basher but I had a Gissele SSA-E on my rifle and didn't care for it. Longer take up and reset. It was on a 3 gun AR so I was thinking of trying one of their 3 gun triggers until I felt one as well. Didn't like it either. Felt like there was drag in the take up. Didn't feel smooth. Ended up selling the SSA-E and got a AR Gold. Like it a lot better. Another trigger I want to try is the Hiperfire. Played with one and it was really nice.

Don't be jumping on me because I didn't like Geissele triggers. Just weren't for me. If you like them then great and run with it. They have a great reputation.

Redmanss,
    You do not know how much I appreciate your response. The only thing I can say to it is that if I have to tune the rest of the gun to the trigger (as I see your explanation) then I should have a different trigger.
    Rob01,
    You will be branded as an idiot for not knowing how to install a trigger now but thanks for getting me off the hook as the only dissenter.

As I said earlier, I have never met Mr. Geissele so none of my dislike was ever directed toward him. I worked in the industry for several years and seldom do you meet someone there that makes it easy to not like them. They are 99.9% stand-up people.

I don't consider it tuning the gun to the trigger, I more consider it the very short travel of the trigger identifying other issues with the rifle or the shooter's follow-through. I don't see a reason to not smooth out the recoil impulses of the rifle if possible, and perfect trigger control is something we're all in search of.

Rob, I'm another wanting to give a Hiperfire a whirl. Unfortunately I'm on an Anschutz kick right now and the semi-autos are taking a back seat to that pricy endeavor!

+1 on wanting to give the Hiperfire triggers a thorough T&E of my own. Alas...like Redmanss, I've got too many irons in the fire to do so now to do so, but they certainly seem promising on paper and from the couple reviews I'd trust that I've read on them. There's always room for another top-notch product at the table and certainly for improvement/advancement throughout the industrty.

I have squeezed the Hiperfires a few times at their tent at a couple 3 gun matches and the trigger is very nice. I am hoping to get one off a prize table this year so I can try it out.