• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DTA 3000M + Long Range Shoot This Thursday!

Re: DTA 3000M + Long Range Shoot This Thursday!

Near as I can tell, your altitude should have been about 5440 feet. If you put a pressure of 30 some odd in your computations then you should have noted that that was a corrected (to sea level) pressure. The raw data from your Kestrel should have given you the best solution! While you used "true" data for your shooting, the Kestrel would have given you the magnetic bearing for the wind. If you didn't factor in the magnetic declination then the wind values would have been wrong (GIGO). None of this matters a whole lot compared to the fun you guys must have had while freezing your tails off out there. (I really should have taken time off from work to go out there and watch!)

Very cool Frank.

I had Patagonia for a long time. Looks like they have stepped up their game as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mrjimsfc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Near as I can tell, your altitude should have been about 5440 feet. If you put a pressure of 30 some odd in your computations then you should have noted that that was a corrected (to sea level) pressure. The raw data from your Kestrel should have given you the best solution! While you used "true" data for your shooting, the Kestrel would have given you the magnetic bearing for the wind. If you didn't factor in the magnetic declination then the wind values would have been wrong (GIGO). None of this matters a whole lot compared to the fun you guys must have had while freezing your tails off out there. (I really should have taken time off from work to go out there and watch!) </div></div>

All data actually used in the firing solution was bluetoothed to the Juno via the Kestrel unit. Your right, it did give us the best solution.....that's why I used it and we had the exact dope required to make the shots we did

I was just looking at multiple options for environmentals to compare.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RussW1911 ®</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
All data actually used in the firing solution was bluetoothed to the Juno via the Kestrel unit. Your right, it did give us the best solution.....that's why I used it and we had the exact dope required to make the shots we did

</div></div>
I still wish I had braved the cold and seen it for myself.
cry.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mrjimsfc</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RussW1911 ®</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>
I still wish I had braved the cold and seen it for myself.
cry.gif
</div></div>

No worries. We will be doing such an event again. Maybe this time we will stretch her legs a bit.

And we will let Russ get some trigger time, he is a great shooter and his ammo is the best!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nicholas Young</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And we will let Russ get some trigger time, he is a great shooter and his ammo is the best!
</div></div>

Not when I'm shivering like a dog passing razor blades!

I was freezing!

Guys,
I'm trying to run ballistic calculations with Quick Target Unlimited. For that I'd like more data on the projectile itself, particularly:

Projectile Length,
Boattail Length,
Boattail Small Diameter.

Thanks!

Hey Russ and DTA,

The vertical dispersion at that distance was incredibly small! I'm very impressed! You must of spent a ton of time working up the load for those results.

I like the performance and versatility of the HTI/375CT more than any other platform I can think of for ELR. I sure would like to try one sometime.

Thanks for doing that test and letting us know the results.

Merry Christmas!

Hello Nicolas I meet you in Vegas 2 year ago, I'm a friend of Maurizio, I wrote somethings abot FFS and your test there

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3768472#Post3768472

what I did is, taken the number published for the test.

created the turret profile with nominal clicks of .102 MIL insted of .1 MIL, zero 100 y, SH 2 inches

created a bullet profile with the Cutting Edge MTH L10 datas, BC .890 ( BC confirmed at 1500 as published on the website )
used a MV of 3118 fp/s

taken all the enviroment datas written by Nicolas, put all in my Nomad.. hit CALCULATE and got 41.3 MIL.

FFS give me a turret solution of 41.3 MIL, looking the orange spots ot the paper obtained with 40.8 MIL, most of them are in the bottom of the target, is very easy to say that 41.3 MIL of FFS was the best solution.

I don't know how the guys during the test put the numbers in their FFS, but with these numbers FFS is rock on, better than other solutions.

responding to Mouse for " FFS requires tweaking to compute accurately ?? "

I say.. NO, FFS needs only correct inputs, no tweaking at all..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Russ and DTA,

The vertical dispersion at that distance was incredibly small! I'm very impressed! You must of spent a ton of time working up the load for those results.

I like the performance and versatility of the HTI/375CT more than any other platform I can think of for ELR. I sure would like to try one sometime.

Thanks for doing that test and letting us know the results.

Merry Christmas!

</div></div>

Thank you Steve. We really are proud of the way that ammo is performing. As was noted in the write up.... that was off the shelf ammo. If the shooter is up to it, they will get the same results that we did.

Thanks again

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RussW1911 ®</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nicholas Young</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And we will let Russ get some trigger time, he is a great shooter and his ammo is the best!
</div></div>

Not when I'm shivering like a dog passing razor blades!

I was freezing! </div></div>

The right clothing makes all the difference. Get the good stuff and you'll be sweating at anything above zero.