• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes DTA SRS: S&B 5-25x56mm or Hensoldt 4-16x56mm FFP

Re: DTA SRS: S&B 5-25x56mm or Hensoldt 4-16x56mm FFP

Looks like S&B did some interesting updates to the 5-25x56mm.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/t64KtIiKwqg"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t64KtIiKwqg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

I like that they copied over the 2nd rev turret pop from the USMC design. Cerakote and locking turrets are cool too.

Does anyone know when these updates will be available?

That scope was the S&B candidate for the PRS rifle. It has a H37 Horus reticle and the locking turrets work well with that reticle, but not for other reticles like the mil dot and P4F. IIRC, the price was $3100 plus $500 for the Horus. (I have a post on this that I wrote a few days after SHOT.)

At 25x, the Horus looks really huge, but you can always dial it back. So what good is 25x with a thick Horus reticle?

If you want one, just ask a S&B dealer if they can order one for you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: One-Eyed Jack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That scope was the S&B candidate for the PRS rifle. It has a H37 Horus reticle and the locking turrets work well with that reticle, but not for other reticles like the mil dot and P4F. IIRC, the price was $3100 plus $500 for the Horus. (I have a post on this that I wrote a few days after SHOT.)

At 25x, the Horus looks really huge, but you can always dial it back. So what good is 25x with a thick Horus reticle?

If you want one, just ask a S&B dealer if they can order one for you. </div></div>

Didn't know about the reticle. I definitely like the P4F in the S&B or the Gen 2 mil in the Premier best.

The 5-25 has more elevation and a true zero stop.

On my 7mm RM with a 28 MOA base, the Hensoldt ran out of elevation trying to get to a 1800-yard target.

The 5-25 in the same mount I get something like 26 mils up from a 100-yard zero.