• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Dta srs scope question

mcflury

Private
Minuteman
Jul 30, 2008
florida tampa
just purchased a Srs and want to get an idea of what scopes you guys have on yours. I am thinking about premier but got to save more money. But for now it will wear a Zeiss. Let me know the model and range you guys shoot maybe like this

Hi i have a nightforce 5.5-22 with a dts 30moa mount and i zero at 100 and shoot out to eighty eight miles 338

Re: Dta srs scope question

Mines wearing the Premier 5-25. Should be good to the max range of the 338lm with that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">popcorn has been buttered..... </div></div>

what does this mean

I'd assume it was the "eighteen mile" comment in your post.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd assume it was the "eighteen mile" comment in your post. </div></div>

im lost

i really dont believe that this is possible "eighteen miles"

On your first post, last sentence:

"Hi i have a nightforce 5.5-22 with a dts 30moa mount and i zero at 100 and shoot out to <span style="font-weight: bold">eighteen miles</span> 338"

You say it right there bud.

I use a 100 yard zero. The total elevation travel of whatever scope you use will determine what amount of MOA you can use in the base. The NF has 100 MOA so the 40 moa base worked great.

Take care,Stan

I am new to high dollar scopes and moa bases. I have a premier 5x25 and have a 40 moa base. Was at the range when I tried to zero it and I couldn't get it to come down low enough at 100 yds. What was I doing wrong? I got a 20 moa base and had no problems zeroing that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jong</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am new to high dollar scopes and moa bases. I have a premier 5x25 and have a 40 moa base. Was at the range when I tried to zero it and I couldn't get it to come down low enough at 100 yds. What was I doing wrong? I got a 20 moa base and had no problems zeroing that. </div></div>

Did you unlock the turret and adjust it so there was more clicks for you to turn it down?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jong</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am new to high dollar scopes and moa bases. I have a premier 5x25 and have a 40 moa base. Was at the range when I tried to zero it and I couldn't get it to come down low enough at 100 yds. What was I doing wrong? I got a 20 moa base and had no problems zeroing that. </div></div>

Did you unlock the turret and adjust it so there was more clicks for you to turn it down? </div></div>

I think I did, but I could have been doing it wrong.