• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ear Pro Help?

beb0541

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 3, 2014
South Florida
Gents,

MSA/Sordin Supreme Pro-X or Peltor Comtac II ?

Which set should I run with? Anyone tried both and can give me some first hand feedback.

I will be using them with a McMillan-A5 w/ Saddle and a Manners T4-A with Adjustable cheek piece and MUST HAVE positive cheek weld for distance shooting.

Any advice would be tremendously appreciated. Thanks.

Cheers,
Clark

Thank you for the feedback Steve.

Anyone else have any input here? My main concern is my check weld with the muffs. Sounds dirty doesn't it?

I'm also curious about this. Do the MSA/Sordin Supreme Pro-X have the ability to add a microphone like the Com-Tacs do? Also does anyone know the difference between the Peltor Com-Tac and SWAT-Tac models?

MSA all day. My Peltors always broke or had some sort of issue.

Only thing I didn't like was the sound quality with the MSA's. When running two radios, I felt like the sound was coming through two tin cans. I though it was just the headset, so I switched and it was the same thing. Two tin cans might be a little tough of an example, but it just wasn't as clear as I wanted them to be.

I thought I would add that the Howard leight impact sports are only 50 bucks, and if you aren't going to be using a radio with the headset, are an amazing value. They don't have a cool guy name, but have great sound quality, are comfy, and don't break. I own two sets of those for people to use that I take shooting, and have used them when I don't want to deal with cords from the MSA's and I want to talk shit about how crappy peltors are compared to the cheap ass Howards.

Last edited:
The Sordins are great. No problem with cheek weld when prone. Almost all headphone style muffs will get in the way in some off positions though. If you get the Sordins, make sure you get the gel ear pads.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I went through 3 pairs of Howard Lights Sport Muffs before getting my MSA Sordins from Triad, make sure to get the Gel Cups and only use Lithium batteries.

I went through 3 pairs of Howard Lights Sport Muffs before getting my MSA Sordins from Triad, make sure to get the Gel Cups and only use Lithium batteries.

Damn, what broke on the Leights?

Maybe I've been lucky with them, but they haven't been used to do anything more than some range time, no rain or anything like that.

My Leights don't get good suction, they seem to want to lift up around my jawline which is right where the cheek weld of my rifle like to kick back.

If you would consider in the ear, ear pro, look at the Etymotic Research GSP-15 or EB-15. If you wait until June they are coming out with a rechargeable version. If you go to their website here's a coupon code you can use, Jade2017. This will give you 15% off their normal price.