• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes EGW bases

ezee

Private
Minuteman
Jul 11, 2011
Southern IN
I'm looking to replace two piece bases on several rifles with one piece rails. I want good quality at a reasonable price. EGW seems to fit the bill. Anybody have any experience, good, bad, or indifferent?

Re: EGW bases

they will do the job but are very tall myself i prefer steel bases they are much lower profile but much more expensive

I'm replacing on a light wt mountain rifle and two varmint guns. Want to keep the weight down on the mtn rifle. Doing this to ease scope interchangeability between rifles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ezee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm replacing on a light wt mountain rifle and two varmint guns. Want to keep the weight down on the mtn rifle. Doing this to ease scope interchangeability between rifles. </div></div>

IMHO, you are wise to go from two piece to one piece mounts.
I have an EGW 20MOA HD on my T3 Tactical. It went on easily and has worked very well.
I say go for it.

Why do you prefer the Weaver over EGW? Viper skins worked well by the way!

I've got EGW bases on both of my hunting rifles and haven't had any problems with 'em.

EGW is a good base for the money. Running two here, one long action and one short, both 20 minute. I bedded both of them right out of the gate, but then again, I bed all of my bases......

EGW's are excellent for the price point no doubt, both of mine are the HD version, one a LA R700 and the other a Tikka T3. I also like the Warne tactical base and Farrell makes a good one too.

It's hard to beat the EGW HD bases for the $. Yes, they are taller than steel bases but that doesn't really make a difference, just use the appropriate rings for overall height.

EGW bases have worked for me on both my Rem and Win bolt guns. I just wish that they made a 30 moa version for Win 70 wsm actions.

They are good value for money.

The EGW - HD bases are very slightly lower than the regular EGW bases, have full width rails, and are made out of hard anodized 7 series aluminum.

I have two EGW bases and theyre great, just get low rings and youll be fine.

And btw, if you call EGW they can make a base with whatever cant you want.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GardDog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">EGW bases have worked for me on both my Rem and Win bolt guns. I just wish that they made a 30 moa version for Win 70 wsm actions. </div></div>

Did you ask. They will make most things. They have made a couple for me for different things. Just call and ask for more MOA

Will someone measure their egw one piece base and see how high it sits above the action. I've got night force two piece base and just got my seekins high rings and the scope tube hits the barrel. If these bases are a little higher as u say, they might be just what I need also.

I've been really happy with the three EGW bases that I've owned, and feel that they are an excellent value.

I just installed my 3rd EGW base, 1 R700 SA, 1 Tikka and 1 Savage Single Shot. All work great and perform flawlessly.

Just bought my third EGW base. Have a 20MOA S/A LH base, a 20 MOA L/A LH base, and just got a 0 MOA L/A LH base. Great value.

just put one on my tikka 595. looks to be a good product. about 2 notches hang over the receiver and i'm gonna have to cut them off to clear obj bell. the extra length is good and likely needed for longer scopes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mike s.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's hard to beat the EGW HD bases for the $. Yes, they are taller than steel bases but that doesn't really make a difference, just use the appropriate rings for overall height. </div></div>

Sometimes rings won't go low enough. I've switched out my egw for Badgers.

EGW bases I owned have worked flawless for me for about half the price of other high end bases.