• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Elcan FDE: for gov't DoD civlians as well?

sernv99

Private
Minuteman
Jan 25, 2009
Fairfax, VA
I was informed that the Elcan FDE is for purchase only by active duty military personnel. Does anyone have insight what the restrictions are for DoD government civilians?

Thanks.

edit: forgot to say, I am inquiring about the 1x-4x FDE model

Re: Elcan FDE: for gov't DoD civlians as well?

I got an Elcan FDE 1-4 from NWA Tactical a couple months ago and they had a few more available at the time (you might give them a try). These were described as "SOCOM overrun" and not usually available to civilians. I don't know what the true story is from Elcan but I have no reason not to believe what I was told. I have been extremely please with the optic in general but I am disappointed in the quality of the FDE finish. It is a pretty shoddy finish for such an expensive optic... the optic is worth the money but the FDE definately is not worth an up charge. Please note that this complaint has nothing to do with NWA Tactical as they were good to do business with.

Chris:

were there any restrictions on you buying this optic?

None whatsoever. They said that Elcan would only sell FDE to
LE and Military but they were allowed to sell these "overruns" to the general public.

Just to let you know they are not GOV overruns. From what I was told this ELCAN / Armament Technology will not honour warranty they will fix them at your cost (this may have changed). Do to they way they hit the market there will be some serious action taken.

If you look at the authorized vender list you will see NWA Tactical is not on it.

We can sell you one but we need a copy of MIL ID and you have to active.

Mike @ CST

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CSTactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just to let you know they are not GOV overruns. From what I was told this ELCAN / Armament Technology will not honour warranty they will fix them at your cost (this may have changed). Do to they way they hit the market there will be some serious action taken.

If you look at the authorized vender list you will see NWA Tactical is not on it.

We can sell you one but we need a copy of MIL ID and you have to active.

Mike @ CST
</div></div>

I am neither but have a current CAC DoD and a .mil address. I am a DoD gov't civilian, not a DoD contractor.

Not to worry, they are protecting you from yourself. You should be VERY thankful.

What a load of crap.

Oh yeah,
Wasn't there a provision in the Constitution/Amendments/Bill of Rights (my civics knowledge isn't sharp anymore)that allow for civilians to be able to own/possess the same types of armament that the government uses, to protect against tyranny?

Sketchy memory here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CSTactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We can sell you one but we need a copy of MIL ID and you have to active.

Mike @ CST
</div></div>

What a bunch of BS! Whose rule is that?