• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes EOTECH with Magnifier

PECK1631

Private
Minuteman
Aug 15, 2011
Does anyone have any experience with the EOTECH Magnifiers? I was thinking of the MPO II or MPO III on a Beowulf. I would put it behind one of Reddot sights.
First post, look forward to hanging out on the site.

Re: EOTECH with Magnifier

I have a EOTech 557 with the 3x magnifier, works really well, just over priced.The 557 is pretty pimp with the built in drop points, but I'm sure their not valid on my MK18. If I had to do it again I would buy a good 1-4 FFP optic or a ACOG with red dot on top.

That would be a great set up. I've had a chance to compare a few of the magnifiers, G23, Aimpoint, Vortex, and a sightmark and Mako group. You can certainly tell the difference in glass, much brighter on the higher end models. Being that the g23 comes with the flip mount and has the elevation and windage adjustments, its really a great package. Buy once, buy right with this setup. If you have any other questions, feel free to give me a call.

Trevor B
800-504-5897x234

Trevor, of the ones you mentioned, which one did you feel had the sharpest glass?
smile.gif

And... why does a scope without a reticle have windage and elevation? I'm confused. ;/

IMG_0592.jpg

I like the whole setup. With the flip to side mount, I use just the Eotech for 50yd and in. Flip the magnifier on for 50yd+.

The magnifier has adjustments to line up the reticle on the electronic sight. Sometimes when you put the magnifier behind the sight, the reticle will be low, high, left, right, etc. The adjustments are to center the reticle on the magnifier. Your sight's zero will still be on just that the magnifier might not be centered to your sight.

It is alot of preference and what you are using it for. If it is a range/plinking gun, then you may really like it. I tried out that exact setup and was not happy overall with the weight and eye relief issues. It makes the rifle feel unbalanced with the magnifier kicked to the side for cqb. overall i like the 1-4x better and picked up a vortex pst. My duty carbine still runs a eotech without a magnifier though (dept policy does not allow magnification).

I would strongly recommend that you try one out before buying. You may love it, but you definitely should not be expecting a perfect optic with it. If I was going to run that setup I would consider just taking the magnifier on and off rather than allowing it to flop to the side. But that is preference.

Keep in mind though you don't see many (if any/at least not in my area) 3 gunners running that setup and they are pretty keyed in to equipment testing.

For the cost of that setup you could probably get a 1-4x with an offset red dot optic and the entire rig would probably weigh less.

Dave, The G23 was my favorite, but surprising the next one I liked best was teh Vortex magnifier. Its a great unit for the price. Still a nice crisp image. And right on with the adjustments. When you add more optic to an existing optic you will bump the reticle, so rather than adjusting the sight, you just adjust the magnifier to match. I also am a fan of the new vortex swing mount made by American Defense. If your looking for a nice setup thats not a big price, its a great way to go.

Trevor B